'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hoya hooie  (Read 11353 times)

tower912

• All American
Hoya hooie
« on: February 11, 2017, 01:07:57 PM »
1.  Run off the 3 point line again.
2.  Playing without passion, urgency, energy on the road.
3.  Defense not magically better.
4.  Size mattered.
5.  So, if you are small, shoot poorly, defend and rebound without energy or passion... yeah, this is to be expected.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
Re: Hoya hooie
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »
This is the type of game that makes you lose faith that things are heading in the right direction. 

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 01:10:10 PM »
This team is a mess.

Here is hoping that Duke wins the national championship.  Coach K retires and Duke hires Wojo.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 01:11:43 PM »
Saw this coming, the team peaked vs Nova, and I still think they only won because everything went wrong for Nova and everything went right for MU. Yikes. What a mess.

connie

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
This is the type of game that makes you lose faith that things are heading in the right direction.
That faith was shaky already.  Hanging by a thread now.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 01:12:50 PM »
This team is a mess.

Here is hoping that Duke wins the national championship.  Coach K retires and Duke hires Wojo.

There is no way in hell Duke (or anyone else) turns its basketball program over to Wojo.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 01:13:07 PM »

YUP.

Looks like a coach that has lost his team. They're not responding to anything.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 01:15:09 PM »
The scout is out on this team.  No adjustments to be made.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 01:15:45 PM »
This team lacks intensity and a veteran defensive coach on the bench! Another post season lost!

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 01:16:09 PM »
Honestly, I think Wojo has the team, but he is OVER coaching.  When Wojo says "drive it inside" we totally give up on the three point shot.  As the announcers said they were running Wojo's plays and not paying attention to what the defense was doing. 

JTBMU7

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 01:16:55 PM »
Hauser and Howard have really hit a freshman wall too. Takes away a lot of our scoring options...

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 01:18:02 PM »
This team is a mess.

Wojo does not deserve, nor will he get that job. Looks like mu will give him another extension based on his awesome performance.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »
There is no way in hell Duke (or anyone else) turns its basketball program over to Wojo.

One can PRAY.........PRAY..........PRAY

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 01:19:09 PM »
Hauser and Howard have really hit a freshman wall too. Takes away a lot of our scoring options...
Looks like Cheatham has hit the sophisticated wall.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 01:19:43 PM »
Honestly, I think Wojo has the team, but he is OVER coaching.  When Wojo says "drive it inside" we totally give up on the three point shot.  As the announcers said they were running Wojo's plays and not paying attention to what the defense was doing.

Hah.  Agreed - I actually got tired of all our pointless driving. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 01:21:45 PM »

Yep
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 01:22:07 PM »
Looks like Cheatham has hit the sophisticated wall.

He, like the rest of the team, is completely one-dimensional. While Howard and Hauser can't create their own shot, play zero defense and can only hit a wide-open 3, Haanif can only drive to his left and cannot shoot from outside two feet.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 01:22:17 PM »
First time I can remember, I had to shut it off. 5 min. and some odd left. Could not watch this pathetic performance any more. I've got to say, today and the "effort" at St. John's on 2/1 are among the worst I can recall. This team is so soft. The frosh have fallen off a cliff. "In-game adjustments" are nonexistent. Zone, man, makes no difference - the School for the Blind could score in the 80's against us.

Trying to respect the process, but to call this progress is a reach. I hope the incoming frosh are beasts! This season is gone. I don't even want to see this group in the NIT. Lock the locker room, give 'em white T-shirts, whatever.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 01:24:46 PM »
Wojo does not deserve, nor will he get that job. Looks like mu will give him another extension based on his awesome performance.

At this point, I'm not sure many ADs would think he deserves a head coaching job in a power conference. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, coaches need to cut their in a mid major before big time programs take a shot on them.

Sure, being around a legend like Coach K is a nice line on the resume, but it seems clear that the jump from assistant to head coach has been a bigger struggle than anyone anticipated. He (and we) would have been better served to have coached a Davidson or Richmond for a few years and then move on to a power conference program.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 01:24:56 PM »
Well, I guess we have to put up with Wojo for another year. Will the posters who refuse to see Wojo has no chops (and never will) be willing to cut this train wreck after 4 years so those of us who see the obvious don't have to suffer through year 5 and get this rebuild started?
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 01:25:14 PM »
First time I can remember, I had to shut it off. 5 min. and some odd left. Could not watch this pathetic performance any more. I've got to say, today and the "effort" at St. John's on 2/1 are among the worst I can recall. This team is so soft. The frosh have fallen off a cliff. "In-game adjustments" are nonexistent. Zone, man, makes no difference - the School for the Blind could score in the 80's against us.

Trying to respect the process, but to call this progress is a reach. I hope the incoming frosh are beasts! This season is gone. I don't even want to see this group in the NIT. Lock the locker room, give 'em white T-shirts, whatever.
Me too, i shut it off it's to frustrating

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »
At this point, I'm not sure many ADs would think he deserves a head coaching job in a power conference. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, coaches need to cut their in a mid major before big time programs take a shot on them.

Sure, being around a legend like Coach K is a nice line on the resume, but it seems clear that the jump from assistant to head coach has been a bigger struggle than anyone anticipated. He (and we) would have been better served to have coached a Davidson or Richmond for a few years and then move on to a power conference program.

Some college basketball writer posted something yesterday saying that only 8 of the head coaches in the "Power 6" basketball conferences got their current job directly from being an assistant.

The only two that did not have a prior connection to their program were Chris Collins and Wojo.  Everyone else was either promoted (Gard, Boeheim, Mack, Holtmann, Izzo) or a rehire (Leitao).

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 01:32:08 PM »
What is our record in games where Luke Fischer misses an uncontested dunk?

That play gave a pretty good indication of how this game was going to go.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 01:34:22 PM »

Some college basketball writer posted something yesterday saying that only 8 of the head coaches in the "Power 6" basketball conferences got their current job directly from being an assistant.

That is definitely not a group I want to be in. There's a reason why 90% of the programs have taken a different route. I have to think the administration sticks with Wojo next year, but if we struggle this much again, it's time to cut bait. There are plenty of coaches out there consistently putting together 20 win seasons at smaller schools, and that's who we need to be looking at next.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 01:36:39 PM »
This is a fun team to watch when they feel like playing. Just don't understand why we can't bring it every time we take the court. Maddening.

Real Warriors Demand Excellence

feedback