Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dayton  (Read 21948 times)

Atticus

• All American
Re: Dayton
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 03:18:55 PM »
Im rooting for Dayton to join the conference. One thing about the current BE is that are absolutely no great rivalries. Even the original BE members dont have rivalries among them. Georgetown - SJU seems dead to me. Nova - SJU/GU seems dead to me. SHU? Providence? Nope.

St. Louis isnt going to offer anything in terms developing a healthy rivalry built on hatred. Just another neighbor invited to attend the block party.

Dayton and X have a very healthy rivalry. And it certainly seems like there is plenty of insecurity on this board concerning UD as well.  

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »
We should be careful with this kind of stuff, from 1978 to 2002 (24 years), Marquette won five NCAA tournament games.   If you pare it down to a 20 year period we won 3. 

"We should be careful with this kind of stuff..." ???? Afraid someone's gonna get in trouble with the Fair & Balanced Police?
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 06:40:55 PM »
Dayton people are right up there with people named Greg.
The double G ones are even worse.....Gregg  ::)
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

chapman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 07:36:05 PM »

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 06:33:49 AM »
One thing for sure is that the Big East MUST expand.  The sharing of revenues aside, we almost got only 3 bids this year, which would have been SEC like.  Not a good start to the conference.

Sure there could be years we could get six but with ten teams it is going to be unusual.  Going to at least twelve teams probably means get 4-7  bids each year which is closer to the big boys.

If expansion happens, like it or not, Dayton is going to be seriously considered.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 09:27:39 AM »
One thing for sure is that the Big East MUST expand.  The sharing of revenues aside, we almost got only 3 bids this year, which would have been SEC like.  Not a good start to the conference.

Sure there could be years we could get six but with ten teams it is going to be unusual.  Going to at least twelve teams probably means get 4-7  bids each year which is closer to the big boys.

The big boys know that we have less teams in the conference. They can do the math. The Big East's 4/10 (40%) is on par with B1G's 6/14 (42%), ACC's 5/15 (33%) or SEC's 3/14 (21%)

We did just fine
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 10:38:21 AM »
TAMU - I agree.  No need to add teams just for the sake of getting larger.  By these numbers, if the BE can add a team that normally makes the NCAA Tournament 30-40% of the time, then go for it.  Otherwise, leave well enough alone.  I don't see Dayton in that category - they are a perennial mid-major bball team, that makes the tourney once every 5-7 years.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 10:42:08 AM »
We need to poach 2  NCAA tournament caliber A-10 teams ASAP.

it is not good when they get 6 teams and we get 4, even if we have a smaller membership.

We need to be the conference getting 6, they should be getting 4.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2014, 10:48:54 AM »
Some of you are going to lose your Shiite.

Mookie. My favorite Shiite.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
that would cause me to lose my Shiite...I might lose my shiite

If you are having problems with losing your Shiite you may wish to consider moving to Tehran. They've really got their Shiite together

Death on call

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 10:58:09 AM »

If you are having problems with losing your Shiite you may wish to consider moving to Tehran. They've really got their Shiite together

This photo was after an NCAA upset.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2014, 11:19:20 AM »
This photo was after an NCAA upset.

Look what happens when the Shiite team didn't even make the NIT...

Death on call

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2014, 11:24:31 AM »
Dayotn is in a good spot.

At a minimum, Archie is a great recruiter. He proved that at Zona. He has an assistant by the name of Allen Griffin who was a high school all-american from nyc and played at Syracuse. Kevin Kuwik came to UD from OSU. Tom Ostrom was an assistant under Donovan and Pelphery. IMO, Archie has a great staff; he just needs to keep them together for a few years.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »
SLU & Wichita St. please. Wish it could be UMass instead of one of those, but they caved to the dark side with football. Would have been a perfect geographical fit. Also wish it could be Gonzaga, but the geography makes absolutely NO sense.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »
Not going to be a state school.   Cross Wichita St and VCU off of your wish lists.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »
Also, ABD.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2014, 11:31:09 AM »
St. Louis and Richmond are the most likely, although I'd swap out VCU for Richmond if State schools were being considered.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2014, 11:33:29 AM »
Not going to be a state school.   Cross Wichita St and VCU off of your wish lists.   

Trust me, state schools are on the menu. If you are basketball only, you are on the list.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 11:36:34 AM »
Trust me, state schools are on the menu. If you are basketball only, you are on the list.

Can I get an amen!

I certainly hope this is the case.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2014, 11:39:23 AM »
No one cares. Sounds like a personal issue.

I care.  Thanks for the post tower912.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2014, 11:43:39 AM »
Are you trolling? They've won 1 NCAA tourney game in the last 25 years, including getting bounced by a 13 in their best year when they were a 4 seed in 2003.  The A-10 had a good year for sure, but Dayton still finished 6th and the BE was a better conference by the metrics.  Congrats to them, but lets not get ridiculous.

Might as well invite GW or St Joes if we're talking resumes from the A-10 this season.

Neither team has a prayer of getting a Big East invite.  Why?  Location, location, location.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2014, 11:45:06 AM »
I have a lot of friends who are Georgetown grads and they say their decision-makers want east coast. I have no idea how that plays out but it seems GU places a high priority on location.  

Death on call

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
Can I get an amen!

I certainly hope this is the case.

Amen!

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2014, 11:50:26 AM »
Im rooting for Dayton to join the conference. One thing about the current BE is that are absolutely no great rivalries. Even the original BE members dont have rivalries among them. Georgetown - SJU seems dead to me. Nova - SJU/GU seems dead to me. SHU? Providence? Nope.

St. Louis isnt going to offer anything in terms developing a healthy rivalry built on hatred. Just another neighbor invited to attend the block party.

Dayton and X have a very healthy rivalry. And it certainly seems like there is plenty of insecurity on this board concerning UD as well.  

Speaking of dead rivalries, Marquette - DePaul, except maybe still on the DePaul end.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2014, 12:04:33 PM »
I have a lot of friends who are Georgetown grads and they say their decision-makers want east coast. I have no idea how that plays out but it seems GU places a high priority on location.  

Which is one reason another Washington, DC school is right out.