[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[May 06, 2024, 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cost of Al versus BC/Arena for NIT Games  (Read 9123 times)

Macallan 18

• Walk-On
Cost of Al versus BC/Arena for NIT Games
« on: March 19, 2018, 08:58:16 AM »
Just curious if anyone had any insights on whether Marquette is making or losing money playing these 3 NIT games in the Al versus the BC or Arena.

Marquette could sell more tickets for the BC/Arena, but there is the rental fee. Yes, there are still expenses for the Al, paying concessions and security, but no rental fee and sell outs for all 3 games.

jsglow

• All American
Re: Cost of Al versus BC/Arena for NIT Games
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »
Marquette had to make a decision.  And they almost certainly based that decision on history when relatively small crowds (by BMO BC standards) showed up for NIT games.

I believe, but have not had this confirmed, that they have viewed this past week as a smashing success.  So there you have it.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 09:05:28 AM »
My guess if they breakeven at The AL that would be a smashing success.  At most they are pulling in $40-50K plus a little concession money.

Parking might be the biggest $$ on a net basis
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 09:05:51 AM »
I'd expect concessions at the Al is a revenue-generator, not a cost. I don't think you can say the same for games at the Bradley Center. The same likely goes for parking.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 09:08:00 AM »
I'd expect concessions at the Al is a revenue-generator, not a cost. I don't think you can say the same for games at the Bradley Center. The same likely goes for parking.

Yep, Marquette is really making bank on all those sales of popcorn and Pepsi.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 09:10:55 AM »
MU is not losing money playing games at the AL. Would have had to sell tickets at a much higher cost and pay rent to play at the BC.

Plus, image matters. Pack houses look better on national TV.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 09:14:10 AM »
I'd say it probably depends on if WOJO has a rider for bonus money for post season games,
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 09:18:29 AM »
Yep, Marquette is really making bank on all those sales of popcorn and Pepsi.

Never said MU was making a lot on concessions. Prices have been pretty reasonable (yesterday I paid $7.50 for the brat combo, including chips and a drink). But even that is still a significant markup. If the average spend is something like $4 to $5 per fan per game (soda/water for you, box of popcorn for your kid), you're talking somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,000 in revenue.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 09:27:49 AM »
Plus, image matters. Pack houses look better on national TV.

I was thinking about that yesterday while watching the game.  Yes, it was packed, but it still looks like a big HS gym.  If someone watched MU on TV and thought that was our normal gym, I don't think they'd consider us a big time program.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 09:42:35 AM »
I was thinking about that yesterday while watching the game.  Yes, it was packed, but it still looks like a big HS gym.  If someone watched MU on TV and thought that was our normal gym, I don't think they'd consider us a big time program.

If someone is so ignorant of college basketball that they're going to form their opinion of whether or not Marquette is a "big time program" based upon our facility, they're probably going to be more influenced by the fact that we're playing in the NIT.

As a fan watching on TV, I love the packed house and atmosphere. I really don't think Marquette should be making its decisions based upon whether or not a casual fan (i.e., an ignorant non-fan) thinks we're a "big time program."
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Rick Majerus’ Manager

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 09:53:02 AM »

So Nova is a mid-major because they play several games a year in their 6500 seat on campus arena?  DittoSt. Johns when they play games in Queens.

I guess Duke is a second rate team because Cameron Indoor is nothing more than a large HS gym.
From the white board in front of the team, 2 hours before the game, Rick started yelling 'manager, manager, bring a towel over here!'.

Majerus took the towel, pulled his pants down, and quickly took a dump into the towel, wiped, HANDED IT BACK TO THE MANAGER, and told him to throw it away.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 10:14:39 AM »
So Nova is a mid-major because they play several games a year in their 6500 seat on campus arena?  DittoSt. Johns when they play games in Queens.

I guess Duke is a second rate team because Cameron Indoor is nothing more than a large HS gym.

Yep yep.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 10:33:55 AM »
I just don't get the romanticizing of an on-campus arena.  The AL is the same size as Matt Heldt's HS gym in Neenah.  We picked on UWM when they played at the Klotschke, which is the same size as the AL.

The other programs you mentioned don't have an option like we do.  The Pavilion at 6,500 is manageable for Villanova, but it's a 30 minute drive from campus to Wells Fargo.  Carnesecca Arena is 5,600, but it's a 45 min drive to the Garden.  And yes, I think it makes St. Johns look mid-majorish to play at Carnesecca.  Cameron Indoor is unique to college basketball, but it's still 9,300 people.

We have a world-class facility 6 blocks from campus and conveniently located for fans.  I thought the BC was one of the best facilities in college basketball, and the new arena is going to be even better.  I just don't get why people want to give that up to play in the AL.  We're a small catholic school, and the pro/college hybrid environment is something that helps set us apart in the college basketball world.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »
I just don't get the romanticizing of an on-campus arena.  The AL is the same size as Matt Heldt's HS gym in Neenah.  We picked on UWM when they played at the Klotschke, which is the same size as the AL.

The other programs you mentioned don't have an option like we do.  The Pavilion at 6,500 is manageable for Villanova, but it's a 30 minute drive from campus to Wells Fargo.  Carnesecca Arena is 5,600, but it's a 45 min drive to the Garden.  And yes, I think it makes St. Johns look mid-majorish to play at Carnesecca.  Cameron Indoor is unique to college basketball, but it's still 9,300 people.

We have a world-class facility 6 blocks from campus and conveniently located for fans.  I thought the BC was one of the best facilities in college basketball, and the new arena is going to be even better.  I just don't get why people want to give that up to play in the AL.  We're a small catholic school, and the pro/college hybrid environment is something that helps set us apart in the college basketball world.

Because too many think with their hearts and not their heads.  #nobrainer

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 10:38:55 AM »
I am quite certain MU made nithing on parking and concessions at tge Bradley.  They paid rent n got ticket revenue.  Thats it.  Understand in no way does this mean i am in favor if pkaying games at tge Al sans maybe 1 a year.
I think people will be drastically surprised with the new arena.
The problem i have had with the bradley center since 1988 is tgat it is a hirrible arena.  Architects got it wrong.  Sans 1-2 games a year it provided little to no home court advantage.  I firmly belive the new arena will provide mu with that tru college atmosphere that we have lacked since leaving tge mecca.  Hopefully its worth 1-2 games a year.  MUs home record has not been as good as it shoukd have been and i blame some of that on the crap arena we pkayed in.  Total stab but im guessing the New arena is wirth 4 more points a game than the fin bradley dump.  Really looking forward to walking into an electric arena versus that mausoleum
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:41:10 AM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 10:43:34 AM »

This is all true, but I don't think many (any?) people here are advocating for a full schedule at the Al. But it's a cool thing to do when the opportunity presents itself, perhaps one buy game a year or something. It would at least bring some interest to what's usually a bad game with bad attendance.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 10:45:50 AM »
Working on getting some hard figures, but all ticket, TV, Radio and Internet revenue for the NIT gets collected by the NIT LLC. They then take a cut and distribute to each team based on games played.

The NIT LLC explicitly says it will not pay for rent of an arena, so MU would have been on the hook for it. Rent at the BC is/was 29k, plus 2$ of every ticket sold. So 3 games with 8k each would have run MU $135k ($87K directly) simply in rent. And again, the NIT gets the rest of the ticket revenue, not MU.

A 2009 article I found said a school that made it to NY would get $25-50k. I'm sure that's gone up with new TV contracts. 

All that said, I think it was a no-brainer to play (and continue playing) these games at the Al.     

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 10:46:29 AM »
I just don't get the romanticizing of an on-campus arena. 

For the record, my response above relates to the stated topic of the thread:  playing at the Al for these NIT games.  As much as I'd love it if MU had a suitable on-campus facility (i.e., well north of 10k seats), I can't see that as a financially viable/responsible decision for the BOT.  I do love seeing them filling the Al for these NIT games that would likely be sparsely attended at the Bradley Center.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 10:46:59 AM »
The Bradley Center could also rock for big games. Not just Marquette-Wisconsin either. MU-Cincy comes to mind, a fantastic rivalry at its peak with regular sellout crowds that could make the rafters shake. UConn and Louisville were also huge draws.

Haven't seen a true sellout in a while, even for the Villanova game (announced attendance just over 17,000 this year, but still a great crowd). If we get back to winning consistently, that should help. I see potential future rivalries in the making with Xavier, Creighton and Butler (hate losing to those guys). It also should help that the new Bucks arena is slightly smaller than the BC (17,500 capacity versus 18,500+).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:48:47 AM by Marcus92 »

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 10:53:34 AM »
Working on getting some hard figures, but all ticket, TV, Radio and Internet revenue for the NIT gets collected by the NIT LLC. They then take a cut and distribute to each team based on games played.

The NIT LLC explicitly says it will not pay for rent of an arena, so MU would have been on the hook for it. Rent at the BC is/was 29k, plus 2$ of every ticket sold. So 3 games with 8k each would have run MU $135k ($87K directly) simply in rent. And again, the NIT gets the rest of the ticket revenue, not MU.

A 2009 article I found said a school that made it to NY would get $25-50k. I'm sure that's gone up with new TV contracts. 

All that said, I think it was a no-brainer to play (and continue playing) these games at the Al.   

This is great info.  I agree, playing these games at the AL is the best option and a unique opportunity for the fans.  I didn't make it to the 2 previous games, but I'm hoping to go tomorrow if I can get tickets.  I just don't think a packed house of 3,700 looks all that impressive on TV.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 10:54:10 AM »

If it makes you feel better, no one outside of the fanbases of the two teams was watching that game.

And I don't think it left anyone with as bad an impression as you state.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »

Thanks.  Good stuff.  So at the BMO BC the NIT would have cost MU money while at the AL we end up making money.  Done.  Next on the agenda?   :)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 11:01:09 AM »
I am quite certain MU made nithing on parking and concessions at tge Bradley.  They paid rent n got ticket revenue.  Thats it.  Understand in no way does this mean i am in favor if pkaying games at tge Al sans maybe 1 a year.
I think people will be drastically surprised with the new arena.
The problem i have had with the bradley center since 1988 is tgat it is a hirrible arena.  Architects got it wrong.  Sans 1-2 games a year it provided little to no home court advantage.  I firmly belive the new arena will provide mu with that tru college atmosphere that we have lacked since leaving tge mecca.  Hopefully its worth 1-2 games a year.  MUs home record has not been as good as it shoukd have been and i blame some of that on the crap arena we pkayed in.  Total stab but im guessing the New arena is wirth 4 more points a game than the fin bradley dump.  Really looking forward to walking into an electric arena versus that mausoleum
These are very good points your making.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GOO

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 11:08:59 AM »
Well, playing in an NBA arena right near campus makes the most sense... until it doesn't financially.  To build our own, would be a bit silly, if he Bucks make it financially attractive for Marquette. 

I don't know about the details of the negotiations, but it seems they did not go too well for Marquette.  Maybe that is just because Marquette's expectations were not in line with reality or maybe the Bucks really did stick it to MU. 

I had read/heard (no inside info) that the Bucks were offering a one year deal or some sort of short term deal to begin negotiations.  Probably just a bargaining chip to give in on to "concede" some other point to Marquette.

When doesn't it make sense to play in the new arena, when the Bucks make is financially a no brainer to build your own, or don't enter into early negotiations on an extension for the current deal (7 years?)... we will need to start planning for the new arena now, and start negotiating in 4 years on the extension. If it doesn't go well at all, we will have a new arena.  Maybe the Admirals can be a tenant.

Anyone with inside info on how the negotiations really went that can share some details here?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 11:13:45 AM »
The initial proposal was 3 years.  MU wanted 15 as I recall.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 11:23:06 AM »

If it makes you feel better, no one outside of the fanbases of the two teams was watching that game.

Unrelated, but the MU/Harvard game got 369k viewers, MU's 2nd best cable game of the season, behind 400k against Wichita State. That still says more about FS1 than anything else, but a lot of people that don't normally watch Marquette were watching, and that was directly against the NCAA First Four games.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 11:24:36 AM »
Unrelated, but the MU/Harvard game got 369k viewers, MU's 2nd best cable game of the season, behind 400k against Wichita State. That still says more about FS1 than anything else, but a lot of people that don't normally watch Marquette were watching, and that was directly against the NCAA First Four games.

Wojo's first postseason victory over an NCAA tournament team!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 11:31:42 AM »
Yes, more people watched the NIT, than people release they do. Sunday numbers will be low going up versus CBS coverage of Syracuse/Michigan State and Tiger on NBC. Tuesday will be a nice showcase for Penn State/MU.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:35:21 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 12:29:24 PM »

And I don't think it left anyone with as bad an impression as you state.

Yep. What's better, 10,000 empty seats at the Bradley Center or a full Al? The NIT is not a money maker, so MU is wise to play where the rent is free.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 12:29:50 PM »

AG's pretty much nailed it.... the last time I did a tourney share calculation was around the time of the C7 split, and as I recall, the NIT shares were worth about $15-19k at the time (although they are paid out in one drop, not over six years like NCAA shares).  You get 1 share for each game you play in during regionals, and you get 2 shares for making it to NY, whether you play in the championship game or not.

So beat PSU on Tuesday, and it's about $100,000 in MU's pocket.  If MU was certain it was going to get to NYC, then that would have financially justified renting the BC for the regional games... of course, hindsight is 20-20 because if you don't, then you lose money on rent.  Not sure anyone here would have taken that risk with their own money, so it makes sense that MU didn't take the risk either.

The Al was the best option for the NIT games, period.  Hopefully, we'll not be having this debate again for a very long time, if ever.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 01:06:13 PM »
AG's pretty much nailed it.... the last time I did a tourney share calculation was around the time of the C7 split, and as I recall, the NIT shares were worth about $15-19k at the time (although they are paid out in one drop, not over six years like NCAA shares).  You get 1 share for each game you play in during regionals, and you get 2 shares for making it to NY, whether you play in the championship game or not.

So beat PSU on Tuesday, and it's about $100,000 in MU's pocket.  If MU was certain it was going to get to NYC, then that would have financially justified renting the BC for the regional games... of course, hindsight is 20-20 because if you don't, then you lose money on rent.  Not sure anyone here would have taken that risk with their own money, so it makes sense that MU didn't take the risk either.

The Al was the best option for the NIT games, period.  Hopefully, we'll not be having this debate again for a very long time, if ever.
All in it if we make it to the Garden it is probably a break even proposition, given all the costs involved. The Benefit is we would have 4 or 5 games in front of a decent broadcast audience.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 01:11:50 PM »

Do the shares go right to MU, or are they distributed to all members of the conference like NCAA tournament shares?

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 01:12:52 PM »
So beat PSU on Tuesday, and it's about $100,000 in MU's pocket.

That should be plenty for a top tier PG grad transfer.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2018, 01:22:07 PM »

Agree with the first sentence.

Agree x1,000,000,000 with the second sentence!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2018, 01:45:05 PM »
Do the shares go right to MU, or are they distributed to all members of the conference like NCAA tournament shares?

One time payment, directly to the University's coffers no later than August following the tournament, IIRC.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
Well, playing in an NBA arena right near campus makes the most sense... until it doesn't financially.  To build our own, would be a bit silly, if he Bucks make it financially attractive for Marquette. 

I don't know about the details of the negotiations, but it seems they did not go too well for Marquette.  Maybe that is just because Marquette's expectations were not in line with reality or maybe the Bucks really did stick it to MU. 

I had read/heard (no inside info) that the Bucks were offering a one year deal or some sort of short term deal to begin negotiations.  Probably just a bargaining chip to give in on to "concede" some other point to Marquette.

When doesn't it make sense to play in the new arena, when the Bucks make is financially a no brainer to build your own, or don't enter into early negotiations on an extension for the current deal (7 years?)... we will need to start planning for the new arena now, and start negotiating in 4 years on the extension. If it doesn't go well at all, we will have a new arena.  Maybe the Admirals can be a tenant.

Anyone with inside info on how the negotiations really went that can share some details here?

I don't sense any loyalty on behalf of the Bucks toward Marquette basketball. Do they really care about Marquette's business? genuine question, not rhetorical. I really wonder what they think of college basketball at their place...maybe they would rather have concerts and pop-culture stuff more. I've got to believe its a bottom-line thing for the out-of-towners.

That being said...we will be there next year and it will be a nice venue.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »
One time payment, directly to the University's coffers no later than August following the tournament, IIRC.
Downpayment on the new arena, no doubt  :P

#startthefund

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2018, 04:03:39 PM »

#startthefund

The fund has already been started.... just waiting on those Powerball investments to pay off and the Benny B Memorial Thunderdome will be born.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »

#startthefund

Maybe CoachTomCrean will finally deliver his hundo that he promised.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2018, 04:40:38 PM »

Not that I doubt you (I don't), but does that mean that we get paid more for making the NIT than a team that makes the NCAA tournament? Because aren't tournament payments distributed to the entire conference equally?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2018, 04:48:21 PM »
Not that I doubt you (I don't), but does that mean that we get paid more for making the NIT than a team that makes the NCAA tournament? Because aren't tournament payments distributed to the entire conference equally?

That is at the discretion of the conference. Many conference share all revenues equally. It's worked for the Big East, though in some leagues, most notably the WCC, it has created issues because it's always Gonzaga earning shares and they are sick of sharing with other schools that contribute nothing to the coffers.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2018, 04:49:42 PM »

NCAA tournament shares are upwards of $275,000 this year, and every game appearance earns you one share for the next six years.  So assuming a modest rate of inflation ($300,000 in year six), a single NCAA game this year translates into a little over $1.7M to the conference.

It's unclear how the Big East distributes those funds... it used to be that the schools kept half of the shares they earned and the other half went to the conference, but even if it was divided equally ten ways, if MU was a one-and-done in the NCAA this year, worse case is they would have taken home ~$170,000 over the next six years for the privilege of flaming out.

The main difference between the NIT and NCAA is that the latter is a six-year annuity whereas the NIT is a one-time payment.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2018, 10:52:53 AM »
NCAA tournament shares are upwards of $275,000 this year, and every game appearance earns you one share for the next six years.  So assuming a modest rate of inflation ($300,000 in year six), a single NCAA game this year translates into a little over $1.7M to the conference.

It's unclear how the Big East distributes those funds... it used to be that the schools kept half of the shares they earned and the other half went to the conference, but even if it was divided equally ten ways, if MU was a one-and-done in the NCAA this year, worse case is they would have taken home ~$170,000 over the next six years for the privilege of flaming out.

The main difference between the NIT and NCAA is that the latter is a six-year annuity whereas the NIT is a one-time payment.

Right. That all makes sense. But I guess my point was...ASSUMING that the Big East distributes NCAA shares, in their entirety, to all members of the conference (I realize this is an assumption), a team making the NIT that keeeps all of their earnings would stand to make more $$ that way.

I like the idea of splitting it, the team keeping half, the conference keeping half.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2018, 11:29:14 AM »
Right. That all makes sense. But I guess my point was...ASSUMING that the Big East distributes NCAA shares, in their entirety, to all members of the conference (I realize this is an assumption), a team making the NIT that keeeps all of their earnings would stand to make more $$ that way.

I like the idea of splitting it, the team keeping half, the conference keeping half.

A one-and-done for Marquette in the NCAA this year would still have been more than twice what they stand to make by advancing to MSG tonight.

NIT maximum: $100,000
NCAA one game: $2.7 million  (divided equally among 10 schools)

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2018, 11:57:46 AM »
A one-and-done for Marquette in the NCAA this year would still have been more than twice what they stand to make by advancing to MSG tonight.

You didn't account for a quarter million in popcorn profits?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2018, 01:14:53 PM »

Gotcha. Makes sense.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2018, 02:56:00 PM »
Do we have to share any NIT proceeds with the rest of the conference?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2018, 03:20:37 PM »
Do we have to share any NIT proceeds with the rest of the conference?

No.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2018, 03:21:23 PM »

Would suspect the viewership for the MU Harvard game was greatly buoyed by Harvard fans who rarely get to see their team on national television.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2018, 03:24:51 PM »
Would suspect the viewership for the MU Harvard game was greatly buoyed by Harvard fans who rarely get to see their team on national television.

That and being on ESPN2. Way more casual sports viewers who just turn on the Duece and watch whatever is on vs. FS1.

Brian0230

• Walk-On
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2018, 05:31:53 PM »
Being able to buy beer at the game is a pretty sweet advantage of the BC (and new arena) vs on campus venues. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2018, 06:01:27 PM »
Being able to buy beer at the game is a pretty sweet advantage of the BC (and new arena) vs on campus venues. 

ALCOHOL CAN AND IS SERVED AT ON CAMPUS VENUES.

feedback