Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Student Section.  (Read 6351 times)

beaconwarrior

• Walk-On
Re: Student Section.
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 06:55:04 PM »
7 a.m. mass at Gesu, test at 9, head to the BC!

Dedication.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »
No offense to the Alums on this board (as I'm sure you all are loud), but after traveling to Nashville for the Tenn game and to ND for that game...Those old people were LOUD and got things going more than the twice per game (if that) we get.

BS- the JACC was carried by the student section. I was in the endzone and it took a lot to get them up. MU fans bring it... not sure why you are calling out alums that at least show up to all the games.

Ridiculous comments. Time to neuter the Huskies.

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 09:24:31 PM »
Agreed. I think its the Alums that are gonna have to worry about being the so called pu****s. The students will represent. Not sure about the rest.

No offense to the Alums on this board (as I'm sure you all are loud), but after traveling to Nashville for the Tenn game and to ND for that game...Those old people were LOUD and got things going more than the twice per game (if that) we get.

As an alum (over 40) who posts on this board and is going to my 140th straight home game, I will "bring it".  Right now we are watching our DVR of last year's Big East Tourney game versus ND and I am warming up by yelling at the screen.  I should be ready for tomorrow night. ;D
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 10:05:08 PM »
BS- the JACC was carried by the student section. I was in the endzone and it took a lot to get them up. MU fans bring it... not sure why you are calling out alums that at least show up to all the games.

Ridiculous comments. Time to neuter the Huskies.

::)

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 07:37:30 AM »
I believe there were some excellent signs in the student section for our inaugural game in the BEast.  I think the security guards took away the laptops and the ones that said UCONN USUCK.

This time MU has 1.6 Million reasons to win!
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 07:52:59 AM »
I believe there were some excellent signs in the student section for our inaugural game in the BEast.  I think the security guards took away the laptops and the ones that said UCONN USUCK.

This time MU has 1.6 Million reasons to win!

Lots of signs got taken away that year.  I specifically remember the laptops (which had Marcus Williams' picture on the "screen") and another one that said "UConnvict."

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 08:06:31 AM »
Lots of signs got taken away that year.  I specifically remember the laptops (which had Marcus Williams' picture on the "screen") and another one that said "UConnvict."

haha... Ahoya06, notkirkcameron, and I spent the night before fashioning those laptops and signs. I also had one that said "UConn's Guards Lead the Nation in Steals" with a picture of a laptop on there. Those lasted 3 minutes.

Best part about that... we had a benign "Movin on up to the EAST side" sign that we used as a decoy. Ended up on TV a couple times and got in the JS.

Between the sign making, fart whistles, and games of wiffle ball at gate B, that was a hell of a good time.

Ball2003

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 08:12:52 AM »
haha... Ahoya06, notkirkcameron, and I spent the night before fashioning those laptops and signs. I also had one that said "UConn's Guards Lead the Nation in Steals" with a picture of a laptop on there. Those lasted 3 minutes.

Best part about that... we had a benign "Movin on up to the EAST side" sign that we used as a decoy. Ended up on TV a couple times and got in the JS.

Between the sign making, fart whistles, and games of wiffle ball at gate B, that was a hell of a good time.

Of course, we had that one guy who got kicked out of the BC about 30 seconds into the game when he threw a beer cup at the security guard for taking away our laptops. Man, was he pissed to miss that game.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 08:14:50 AM »

I remember every single bit of all that.  I was probably about 8 rows behind you guys.  I forgot about the "steals" sign.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 09:28:48 AM »
Of course, we had that one guy who got kicked out of the BC about 30 seconds into the game when he threw a beer cup at the security guard for taking away our laptops. Man, was he pissed to miss that game.

Woah woah woah champ ... it was my buddy's free t-shirt (took it when he wasn't looking!), and it was at the Administrator, walking 15 feet away, who had taken the laptop signs.

Let's not get a good story overdone :-)

Ball2003

• Walk-On
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 09:37:58 AM »
Woah woah woah champ ... it was my buddy's free t-shirt (took it when he wasn't looking!), and it was at the Administrator, walking 15 feet away, who had taken the laptop signs.

Let's not get a good story overdone :-)

Oh yeah, that's right. It's all becoming so much clearer now. Piece by piece, I am trying to relive that entire night.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2009, 09:40:53 AM »
And it was actually about 4 minutes into the game. They held me in the area where people enter the arena and my biggest thought was, "Damn it, how long will it take me to run to the Annex!" But then I got out (was just asked to leave) and realized Gametime was right there, raced in, and was the lone guy screaming at the TV for the next couple hours.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2009, 11:46:14 AM »
From the sign making to the end of the game, seriously one of the most fun 24 hours of my life.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2009, 12:13:34 PM »
Gotta love having a reserved seat! :)

+1,000,000
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2009, 12:22:15 PM »
I had the UConn USuck sign... never got taken.  the security guys even laughed at it.  before people start complaining about how tasteless and uncreative it was... i made it 5 minutes before tip after a lot of spirits.  it's still one of my favorite though.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

MU11W

• Walk-On
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2009, 12:51:16 PM »
I had the UConn USuck sign... never got taken.  the security guys even laughed at it.  before people start complaining about how tasteless and uncreative it was... i made it 5 minutes before tip after a lot of spirits.  it's still one of my favorite though.

I still laugh everytime at the thought of that poster.  It was great that the security guys were on our side.  Wasn't it the next day that you found out your company didn't do half days???  Man I'm so happy that I was on my unemployment week for that game!