'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 09:08:29 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 08:48:19 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette up next on ESPNU  (Read 2726 times)

KC_Warrior

• Starter
Marquette up next on ESPNU
« on: March 14, 2012, 01:17:58 PM »
Buzz press conference.  Tune in if you can.  Will recap here when it's over.

KC_Warrior

• Starter
Re: Marquette up next on ESPNU
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 01:26:21 PM »
Buzz said he'd never seen anything like the BYU/Iona game in all his life.  Had game wired into ballroom at hotel.

Colorado State is 4th favorite school of all time.  Painted his garage the colors of Colorado State and put Ram logo on wall.  Says it takes away the hype of his current job.

ESPN cut away after 2 questions.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
God I love Buzz stories!  The inside of his garage is in Colorado State colors because of what that institution meant to the start of his career.  Let's cheer for them against Murray St.  (Glad he also said MU is is favorite university.)

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »
(Glad he also said MU is is favorite university.)

Me too. I was completely expecting him to say that he hated Marquette, lists Marquette as one of his top four least favorite teams and would rather coach little league cricket matches in Pakistan than continue his days here.*

*This comment is not intended to offend any little leaguers, cricket afficionados, Pakistanis, or any combination of any of the aforementioned groups. Any offense taken should not be attributed to MU Scoop as, upon information and belief, MU Scoop neither condones nor endorses the statement above. The poster above disclaims and disavows any responsibility for loss revenue as a result of "pulled advertisements" directly or indirectly pulled from MU Scoop as a result of the potentially insensitive nature of the above comments. Despite the disclaimers herein described, this poster reserves the right to accept full responsibility for any insult caused to BYU and its followers, because BYU is evil and must be destroyed. This whole thing is lame, but this poster is committed to posting and therefore shall ignore the ridiculousness of these humorless comments and click the "post" button nonetheless.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 03:16:54 PM »
Whew, I was concerned for the end of Scoop with that last comment ... until I read the fine print.  I thought all the Pakistani Cricket Little Leaguers were going to take this site down.  Good thing the lawyers got involved on the front end!   ;)

leever

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »
Whew, I was concerned for the end of Scoop with that last comment ... until I read the fine print.  I thought all the Pakistani Cricket Little Leaguers were going to take this site down.  Good thing the lawyers got involved on the front end!   ;)

Didn't Durley play for that team?

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:58:51 PM »
Didn't Durley play for that team?
He was on the team, but the coach didn't play him.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 07:17:37 PM »
His coach was afraid he would hurt his opponents.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »
Me too. I was completely expecting him to say that he hated Marquette, lists Marquette as one of his top four least favorite teams and would rather coach little league cricket matches in Pakistan than continue his days here.*

Thanks to you, we no longer are receiving any advertising revenue.   However, we now have a big opportunity with LittleLeagueCricketInPakistanScoop.com

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 08:49:54 PM »
His coach was afraid he would hurt his opponents.

Actually, his coach thought that he was going to transfer so he stopped playing him although he was his team's best bowler.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback