[May 06, 2024, 10:32:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Really, Really Bad Week  (Read 8315 times)

steff_mckee

• Scholarship Player
Really, Really Bad Week
« on: March 28, 2014, 05:35:54 PM »

This is really difficult for me to write, but I need to express my feelings...Hopefully it will be a release for me......I feel ashamed, abused and violated.  Ashamed to be a Marquette graduate for the bungling of the coaching search.  I was at the airport lounge in Paris, and a couple guys that kinda looked american (not absolutely sure) were looking in my general vicinity and started smiling at each other... I looked down at my Marquette sweatshirt and started to cry uncontrollably.  I knew what they were thinking.  I ran to the bathroom and took it off immediately ashamed of my alma mater.  Abused because the administration hasn't said a single word to me about who is in their sights, or a public list of candidates and updates on each one.  How could they allow tweets and internet message boards to post unsubstantiated rumors without any response?  Anonymous sources say it was a "done deal."    I feel violated because some guy I have never met and truly don't know much about other decided at the last minute that he was happy where we was coaching and it was the best thing for his family, and the fact that after only 5 days removed from our coach leaving, we have absolutely no chance now to land a single high level coach.

klyrish

• All American
Re: Really, Really Bad Week
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 05:37:15 PM »
Source?

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »
Im the source.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 05:39:04 PM »
Put your sweatshirt back on and be a man.  Feeling violated only comes when one goes to a state prison.

What the heck is going on here??????  

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »
You're taking it much better than I
No Finish Line

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »
Step away from rhe ledge, Steff.

steff_mckee

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 05:41:27 PM »
I just castrated myself.  :-\

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 05:42:37 PM »
Step away from rhe ledge, Steff.

No, jump!!!!

AshyLarry

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 05:49:06 PM »
This is really difficult for me to write, but I need to express my feelings...Hopefully it will be a release for me......I feel ashamed, abused and violated.  Ashamed to be a Marquette graduate for the bungling of the coaching search.  I was at the airport lounge in Paris, and a couple guys that kinda looked american (not absolutely sure) were looking in my general vicinity and started smiling at each other... I looked down at my Marquette sweatshirt and started to cry uncontrollably.  I knew what they were thinking.  I ran to the bathroom and took it off immediately ashamed of my alma mater.  Abused because the administration hasn't said a single word to me about who is in their sights, or a public list of candidates and updates on each one.  How could they allow tweets and internet message boards to post unsubstantiated rumors without any response?  Anonymous sources say it was a "done deal."    I feel violated because some guy I have never met and truly don't know much about other decided at the last minute that he was happy where we was coaching and it was the best thing for his family, and the fact that after only 5 days removed from our coach leaving, we have absolutely no chance now to land a single high level coach.

I went to the hardware store today wearing a Marquette sweatshirt and Marquette sweatpants.  I was hoping someone said something to me or looked at me oddly.  At that point I would have made up some bogus rumor about landing Izzo or some other huge coach.  Would have said that's why we didn't go with Shaka.  Would have made them feel real stupid and by the time they found out I was BS'ing, I would have had my drill bits and been halfway home laughing to myself.

Clearly I don't have a lot of credibility with a handful of posts, but my source indicated you should rock that apparel no matter what happens with coaches, players, or recruits. 

The Process

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 05:51:33 PM »
Respect The Process.
Relax. Respect the Process.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 05:52:39 PM »
Is it possible to hate a fan base but still love the TEAM? Thats how I feel about Marquette.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 05:58:26 PM »
Respect The Process.

Is Dick Strong's nickname "The Process"?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 06:02:32 PM »
Is it possible to hate a fan base but still love the TEAM? Thats how I feel about Marquette.
That's how I feel about the Cubs

The Process

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 06:03:54 PM »

Is Dick Strong's nickname "The Process"?

FlightAware confirmed.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 06:05:57 PM »
I went to REI today in Seattle wearing a Marquette sweatshirt. The guy in the climbing gear section took note and asked if I was from the U.P.

Death on call

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 06:06:13 PM »
That's how I feel about the Cubs

Baseball has fans? Lol j/k

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 06:06:33 PM »
I went to REI today in Seattle wearing a Marquette sweatshirt. The guy in the climbing gear section took note and asked if I was from the U.P.

At least he asked instead of saying, "Oh, I'm from Michigan, too!"

Friends call me Shaka

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »
One thing that seems strange at MU is the way our coaches depart the scene that I haven't seen at any other U in the country(I am sure someone has an example of this type of streak). Trying to understand if it is: 1) the 'profile of the coach we hire 2) unrealistic expectation of the fan base 3) administration 4) just bad luck. Track record in last 15-20 or so years:

Dukiet- over his head, dismissed.
Deane- liked him as coach, couldn't recruit- dismissed as expectations were set 'low'. Sure he wasn't happy when departing.
Oneil - brought program back to Sweet Sixteen- seemed to leave angry at the end.
Crean- Final Four, things rolling for a bit, cupboard goes empty, then leaves at 3 am bus. Not a great exit.
Brent - leaves in odd fashion for a bottom feeder program. No word on how the players were told of departure that I have heard.

None of these coaches(to my knowledge) had the tearful goodbye with current players, or any great love of the university when parting. I have no agenda....just trying to figure out an explanation for this crazy track record of exits, while we are still experiencing some great level of success.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 06:10:05 PM »

Yes. I feel ya.

steff_mckee

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 06:18:40 PM »
I should have written my post in teal

cj111

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »
The OP made me laugh out loud.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 06:21:31 PM »
I know y'all are joking about the whole ordeal, but I have to say the craziness of the week has been kinda nice.  Honestly, the circus this week was a nice reprieve for me. My father had a massive heart attack and flatlined twice during his admission this weekend. I've been more or less sleeping in a hospital waiting room for the past few days, so it was good having something to keep my mind off of reality for a little bit.

Let's keep the rumors churning.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:29:49 PM by JakeBarnes »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 06:26:07 PM »

yup.  friends and family were ready to send out the search team for ya.  picked a bad day to stop cutting?
don't...don't don't don't don't

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »
You missed Cords' presser where he meticulously went through all his candidates, for transparency purposes. He did not mention any.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 06:52:39 PM »

Nah, man.  Great troll.  Kudos.

I was shaking my head like "is this dude f*cking serious?"

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 06:57:49 PM »

Good call. You should stay really far away from us.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 07:11:13 PM »
Bad week?  I'm only 1 hour in at my kids grammar school production of One Man's Dream - The Story of Walt Disney. Only 2 more hours to go.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »
I know y'all are joking about the whole ordeal, but I have to say the craziness of the week has been kinda nice.  Honestly, the circus this week was a nice reprieve for me. My father had a massive heart attack and flatlined twice during his admission this weekend. I've been more or less sleeping in a hospital waiting room for the past few days, so it was good having something to keep my mind off of reality for a little bit.

Everything OK now?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2014, 07:18:53 PM »
No you played it right. Teal's wack
No Finish Line

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 09:13:59 PM »

Before you off yourself,  can you put up some nudie pics Steff?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »
Before you off yourself,  can you put up some nudie pics Steff?

As long as you're not Steffan from SNL.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 09:22:11 PM »
At least he asked instead of saying, "Oh, I'm from Michigan, too!"

The thing that always amazes me is that these people don't know where a major university is located, but they know a city with a population of 21,000 that has no particular significance.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 09:25:04 PM »
The thing that always amazes me is that these people don't know where a major university is located, but they know a city with a population of 21,000 that has no particular significance.

Because it's so remote, it often shows up on national weather maps.  That's my hunch.

shakanotforsale

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2014, 10:01:35 PM »
With this kind of pathetic drivel, it's no wonder why Shaka didn't want to be associated with Marquette.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2014, 10:07:21 PM »
With this kind of pathetic drivel, it's no wonder why Shaka didn't want to be associated with Marquette.

I think I found your guide to trolling, man:

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »
Let me get this straight, some dudes in France made you cry?

GTFOH

Get a new squad playa
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

mug644

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2014, 10:17:45 PM »
The only time I felt embarrassed publicly to be an MU fan was when we got our asses kicked by Kansas in New Orleans. I stayed at the bar where I watched the game to hang out and shoot pool, and decided it was better to take off my Marquette sweatshirt, that felt more like a hair shirt. Loved what we achieved; ached about how we went out.

At least I never wore an MU Gold or even Golden Eagles sweatshirt. I'm still a proud Warrior.

I'm not embarrassed now simply because I don't think anyone is paying attention to the panic that is happening within this little community of ours.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2014, 10:19:08 PM »
Let me get this straight, some dudes in France made you cry?

GTFOH

Get a new squad playa

Looks like someone missed the sarcasm train.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2014, 10:55:52 PM »

I'm kinda shy about asking this, but is that Ron Paul's daughter?

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2014, 10:57:26 PM »

Is irony and satire lost on all VCU grads, or just you?

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2014, 10:59:31 PM »

Prayers up to you and your family... hope that he's doing okay

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2014, 11:04:31 PM »

Your dad's doctor have any sources? Or a twitter account?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2014, 11:36:10 PM »

She's so goddamn hot

mechaghidorah

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2014, 11:51:46 PM »
She's so goddamn hot

Looked so much better with the longer hair, imo.