[May 06, 2024, 10:32:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kendrick Nunn's Top 5 (Marquette in good spot)  (Read 9592 times)

mu ricer22

• Scholarship Player
  • Warriors Forever
Kendrick Nunn's Top 5 (Marquette in good spot)
« on: August 03, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »
Compared Memphis to Marquette.
Likes Buzz and his style of play.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8230814&city=chicago
GTST

reinko

• All American
Re: Kendrick Nunn's Top 5 (Marquette in good spot)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »
"The relationship we have with Buzz is platinum," Melvin said. "He loves the way Buzz coaches and gives attention to his players. I think he fell in love with Marquette the game we attended. He likes the way Buzz coaches. They're in a great place to continue to win. Coming from a winning program like Simeon, you want to keep that going."

nyg

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:24:46 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/tom-crean-accidentally-sends-weird-tweet-not-meant-193243362--ncaab.html

Thank goodness Buzz didn't send Nunn any "tweets" like Crean just did to some recruit.  Strange to say the least. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »
KN loves the school, the coach, the style, hopefully the proximity, Dad is on board...........love it.  Simeon Pipeline.  Please K Nunn bring your talents to Wisconsin Ave.!

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
nm

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »
I wonder how telling the last paragraph is when his dad said that "we" don't want to go somewhere just to sit.

That statement could be interpreted a bunch of different ways.  Just an interesting comment.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
MU clearly gets the most positive props.  I think the "want to play right away" line is typical of most top recruits. Kids (and parents) have no patience these days.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
sounds to me like they want an up-tempo style of play, with a team that is going to win, but still has that one spot available for Nunn to shine.  if i were in that position i'd want the same thing.  he needs a solid team around him so he personally plays his best, he needs to get out and run to play his best, and he needs a team that has all the pieces and is just lacking his skills in a way that he's going to get major minutes even through any freshman growing pains.  his dad's quotes may come off a little strong, but he seems spot on with his thinking.  it obviously makes sense to limit the group to five, but i have to believe being the leader right now doesn't really even mean much.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 04:41:01 PM »
Of the schools on his list, I think the favorites would be Marquette and Ohio State, with UCLA the next most likely. Of course, if Kentucky, Kansas, or UNC enter the picture, I could see him jumping at those opportunities.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 05:15:04 PM »
Of the schools on his list, I think the favorites would be Marquette and Ohio State, with UCLA the next most likely. Of course, if Kentucky, Kansas, or UNC enter the picture, I could see him jumping at those opportunities.

All of those criteria—and that list of schools—go out the window if Kentucky or UNC get involved. It still feels like MU is his safety school.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 05:20:02 PM »
I think the ship has probably sailed on NC/Kentucky. He waited...they didn't offer and he narrowed his list. Only 3 months before signing day and he has no relationship with either of those 2 schools who are obviously focusing on other players.

Probably a 95% chance he ends up at one of the 5 schools he listed today.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/tom-crean-accidentally-sends-weird-tweet-not-meant-193243362--ncaab.html

Thank goodness Buzz didn't send Nunn any "tweets" like Crean just did to some recruit.  Strange to say the least. 

^^^ that is kinda creepy.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 05:25:47 PM »
I think the ship has probably sailed on NC/Kentucky. He waited...they didn't offer and he narrowed his list. Only 3 months before signing day and he has no relationship with either of those 2 schools who are obviously focusing on other players.

Probably a 95% chance he ends up at one of the 5 schools he listed today.

Exactly.  It isn't as if those programs haven't heard of him.  He is a known player, and isn't coming out of nowhere.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »
Exactly.  It isn't as if those programs haven't heard of him.  He is a known player, and isn't coming out of nowhere.

Oh, please. Things change quickly in the world of college hoops. If Nunn has a monster year...and UNC or Kentucky decide they need another guard...MU and those other schools will be left in the dust.

That's the beauty of being a true elite school. You can jump in at the last moment and grab a player that other schools have been recruiting for years.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 06:12:31 PM »
After the recent TJ episode, I would think that any MU fan would love the following quote from Melvin: ""I'm a firm believer, if you're there, stay there. For me to say that, we have to make sure he's at the right place. Once he makes that decision, this is your spot."

Amen.

Also, Texas A&M is finally out.  Nice to have the old choice gone.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:14:13 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 06:14:18 PM »
Oh, please. Things change quickly in the world of college hoops. If Nunn has a monster year...and UNC or Kentucky decide they need another guard...MU and those other schools will be left in the dust.

That's the beauty of being a true elite school. You can jump in at the last moment and grab a player that other schools have been recruiting for years.

Nunn will sign a letter of intent this November so it's a little for him to have a monster year to impress UNC or Kentucky.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »

If you have room.  Which most of them don't because they fill up on the cream of the crop early.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 06:58:16 PM »
This....if he wanted to inmpress them he wouldn't sign in November which by all indictions he is going to do.

Nunn will sign a letter of intent this November so it's a little for him to have a monster year to impress UNC or Kentucky.

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 07:15:11 PM »
I wonder how telling the last paragraph is when his dad said that "we" don't want to go somewhere just to sit.

That statement could be interpreted a bunch of different ways.  Just an interesting comment.

There are no guarantees of playing time at Marquette. Not sure you want someone who does not expect to earn it.  Then again it might mean he doesn't want a program loaded up with sophomore or junior guards.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 08:32:07 PM »
There are no guarantees of playing time at Marquette. Not sure you want someone who does not expect to earn it.  Then again it might mean he doesn't want a program loaded up with sophomore or junior guards.

Hey, some people on this board still assert that Blue was given promises of playing time...

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 09:00:24 PM »
That is why I do not think he comes to MU. Wilson and Burton are going to take two of the thre guard spots and Blue will still be here. It might be a positive, if Mayo is gone.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 09:09:52 PM »
That is why I do not think he comes to MU. Wilson and Burton are going to take two of the thre guard spots and Blue will still be here. It might be a positive, if Mayo is gone.

Nunn is rated higher than both Wilson and Burton.  Door is completely open for playing time.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 09:19:12 PM »
Steve's experience this fall will potentially influence Nunn. No doubt the two will talk. It's like having inside info on a new job.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 09:27:57 PM »
He can play behind Blue as a frosh and then take over for him as a Soph assuming he plays well.

Burton and Wilson will have no impact. Wilson is a point who can play the 2 and Burton is more of a 3 who can even play some 4 in certain situations.

Nunn is really a 2 like DJO.

Plenty of playing time for all.

Taylor leaving may help us land him since they were very similar players.