[Today at 09:42:25 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Anderson to Virgin Islands  (Read 6339 times)

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
Anderson to Virgin Islands
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:21:30 AM »
Is Juan making the trip to the Virgin Islands?

per his twitter "It's freezing!! And the wind litearlly feels like its cutting my face"

....do I take that he's still in Milwaukee....or is is just cold in Alabama?

As I understand - the team got stuck there last night.
The "average fan" is an idiot.

MUcookie30

• Scholarship Player
Re: Anderson to Virgin Islands
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »
He is still in Milwaukee but i heard he's leaving Saturday

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 09:56:54 AM »
He should be eligible after the Winthrop game though, right?
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 09:58:25 AM »
So, the team charters it's own flight....

...and then Anderson flys commercial or what?
The "average fan" is an idiot.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 10:11:05 AM »
Probably didn't want Juan to miss classes for a game he couldn't play in.

Makes sense to me.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 10:14:08 AM »
Probably didn't want Juan to miss classes for a game he couldn't play in.

Makes sense to me.

I doubt this is the case - I'd have to think it is part of the terms of the 3 game suspension...that he couldn't travel with team as a consequence (to pacify the NCAA).  As much class as these guys miss over the course of a year - I just don't see the team holding him back and flying him separately all in the spirit of not missing 2 days of class...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 10:15:31 AM »
I doubt this is the case - I'd have to think it is part of the terms of the 3 game suspension...that he couldn't travel with team as a consequence (to pacify the NCAA).  As much class as these guys miss over the course of a year - I just don't see the team holding him back and flying him separately all in the spirit of not missing 2 days of class...

That's probably specifically why they would hold him back and fly him separately.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 10:25:36 AM »
That's probably specifically why they would hold him back and fly him separately.

Definitely can look at it that way too....yet the guys just don't miss a lot of class time 1st semester, as most games are at home....it really isn't until January when they miss a lot of class time..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 10:34:36 AM »
Probably reading too much into it, but is he eligible to play in this tournament mid-way through? I know these games count as one for scheduling purposes, does that mean the same for suspensions? I'm guessing it isn't the same, just curious.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 10:39:36 AM »
He is only suspended for Winthrop but can play in the rest.  I think he isn't travelling with the team in part because of classes, but in part because of his continued punishment.

6746jonesr

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 10:50:25 AM »
These guys don't miss that much class anymore due to travel.  Since they began flying charter, they can play in a late game on the east coast and be in class at 9 am the next day.  The missing class only becomes a problem during tournaments, where they play multiple games over a 3-4 day period.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »
He is only suspended for Winthrop but can play in the rest.  I think he isn't travelling with the team in part because of classes, but in part because of his continued punishment.

I was not able to attend the first two games, so do not know the answer to this question.  Was Anderson on the bench during the first two games?  I am guessing the answer is no, but not certain.  If it is no, it would not make much sense to bring him down and keep him in a hotel for the day.  Just my thought.

If he was allowed on the bench, then I would change it to a decision to keep him home to miss as few classes as possible, which is important for a Frosh.

In either case, I suspect it is MU's decision, not the NCAA's.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 11:10:18 AM »
I was not able to attend the first two games, so do not know the answer to this question.  Was Anderson on the bench during the first two games?  I am guessing the answer is no, but not certain.  If it is no, it would not make much sense to bring him down and keep him in a hotel for the day.  Just my thought.

If he was allowed on the bench, then I would change it to a decision to keep him home to miss as few classes as possible, which is important for a Frosh.

I didn't see him at all.  I looked a little for someone in street clothes like Jamil Wilson + Dave Singleton last year and couldn't find anybody.  Maybe he wasn't sitting with the team?  Maybe he was in someone's luxury box? :P

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »

He was on the bench in street clothes, just like Jake Thomas. I know Jake Thomas can't travel with the team because of his transfer status, so maybe the suspension status carries the same restrictions?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 11:15:42 AM »
He was on the bench in street clothes, just like Jake Thomas. I know Jake Thomas can't travel with the team because of his transfer status, so maybe the suspension status carries the same restrictions?

Thanks for the response.  Travel may not be allowed until the suspension is over, but you would think a "waiver" could be accomplished for travel to a tournament when the suspension is mid tournament.  Then again, it is the NCAA we're discussing ...

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 11:44:36 AM »
Then again, it is the NCAA we're discussing ...

Haha its true.  Make sure he doesn't get a bagel with cream cheese on it!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 11:52:38 AM »
I believe players that are ineligible to play cannot travel with the team. Therefore, he could not travel until after Friday's game. It did occur to me that this might be the downside to not playing exhibition games. The penalty would have bee a lot less, if he was suspended for 3 games which included the two allowed exhibition games. However, I am not sure it would have worked that way.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 12:04:56 PM »
Anderson as been on the bench the last 2 home games. 

Per NCAA rules...ineligible players are not allowed to travel.... Anderson's inelibility ends after the game tonite...at which time he is eligible to travel. 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 12:09:57 PM »
So he has to wait until ~9:30 CST on Friday to be able to begin his travel to the Virgin Islands for Sunday's game?  Cool rule NCAA.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 12:13:15 PM »
I hope the flight attendant on the commercial flight doesn't give him an extra bag of peanuts or the whole can of Coke.  He might miss a few more games.

boyonthedock

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 12:36:15 PM »
I think he just cannot travel WITH THE TEAM. the NCAA cannot stop the guy from leaving milwaukee or anything.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »
I think he just cannot travel WITH THE TEAM. the NCAA cannot stop the guy from leaving milwaukee or anything.

However, he'd have to do it on his dime.  If the school pays for it regardless of physical proximity to the team, he is "traveling" with the team.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 01:07:17 PM »
.....yet what if he travels after the third game of his suspension.  He's no longer suspended and ought to be able to have MU pay the tab.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »
Is Juan making the trip to the Virgin Islands?

per his twitter "It's freezing!! And the wind litearlly feels like its cutting my face"

....do I take that he's still in Milwaukee....or is is just cold in Alabama?

As I understand - the team got stuck there last night.

The team was stuck in Alabama and noone told me?
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 01:32:42 PM »
The team was stuck in Alabama and noone told me?

Didn't want you and your cousin/wife out there circling the plane in your pick-up truck firing off your shotgun. 

feedback