collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2012 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 192407 times)

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: 2012 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2012, 10:15:12 PM »
I agree that the replacements are living up to their reputation, but the utter lack of respect for the officials from the coaches, players and media is getting very tired. 

I think part of that reaction is carry-over bad blood from last year's labor negotiations.  Players are seeing the league's refusal to pay another major part of its in-game experience as simply par for the course, and adding insult to injury after last year's hostility and the questions yet relative lack of response over player safety. Its hard to disagree with them at this point.

Then, the replacement refs are doing such a crapty job, that the coaches are pissed, and with such unanimity amongst the participants, the media piles on. The bar for the replacement refs, fairly or not, was going to be very high. They're failing pretty spectacularly.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2012, 11:00:47 PM »
Ponder, AD, Percy, Rudolph all w/solid offensive games. 

49ers winning was good, but Harbaugh is a grade a jag.

SKOL VIKINGS.  FIRST PLACE, NFC NORTH!  Packers are getting worried about the 12/30 game in Minneapolis..

You're just jealous Childress and Frazier never get amped and make you want to scream obscenities, pump your arms in the air and raise the testosterone levels in your body so high Melky Cabrera would blush.

SKOL!!!
SS Marquette

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »
No doubt Cutler can be frustrating to watch at times but the fact that Earl Bennett (a nice #3) has been his best WR while in Chicago has a lot to do with the passing game struggles.

It was great to see what Jay could do yesterday with a true #1, and a promising #2 with a big "catch radius" (first time I ever heard that one). 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 02:24:55 PM »
Agreed the 2nd block they showed was illegal. They have missed a ton of PI calls though. Very inconsistent on both sides. I would think there will be a loud outcry to get the regular refs back this week.

I didn't watch the Packer game, but from watching the Bears game and Red Zone all day, these replacement refs made way too many PI calls. 

There were 25 defensive PI calls made yesterday, which equals the previous two years week 1 totals combined.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »
Excited for tonight's game. Pack has lost 2 in a row at home, however, they've played the Super Bowl champs, and the other NFC title game opponent. Bears looked very good last week, but played last year's worst team.

That said, this appears to be quite a different Bear team from what the Pack is used to seeing. Pack will work to exploit the Bears up the middle with Urlacher hurt and questionable play at safety. I think Matthews will have a real good game, and Capers will bring heat off the edges forcing the Bears mediocre offensive line to make quick decisions.

All that said, I still think we see a lot of points. I'm going with Bears 31, Pack 23.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »
I like the Cutler/Forte combo but I like Pack O more.   See them splitting this year, home team wins.  Especially with these fickle replacement refs.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 10:40:42 PM »
Dear Packers,

Enjoy the win we gave you.

Sincerely,
The Chicago Bears & Replacement Refs

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 10:42:43 PM »
WTF was that dummy Tice?   Cutler looked like sh.t

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 10:46:14 PM »
It was great to see what Jay could do yesterday with a true #1, and a promising #2 with a big "catch radius" (first time I ever heard that one). 

That was cute...for a weak...against a terrible team.  It takes a quarterback to get the ball to a "true" #1 (although he is as big of a headcase as you can find).  The Bears will never make a Super Bowl with Jay Cutler behind center.  He is horrible.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8366405/chicago-bears-jay-cutler-brandon-marshall-welcome-green-bay-packers-physical-style

Didn't take much luck, just Jay Cutler being the quarterback.  But appreciate the thought, Jay!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320913009

11 of 27, 4 interceptions, 1 touchdown, 28.2 passer rating, 7 sacks.  Yikes.

Why doesn't Iowa have an NFL team?  Because then Illinois and Minnesota would want one too!

The best sign of the night: (A little girl holding it up) I'm three yrs. old & I cry less than Jay Cutler

Could not be more true.  Good luck with big time success with a guy like that leading your team.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »
Dear Packers,

Enjoy the win we gave you.

Sincerely,
The Chicago Bears & Replacement Refs

Can you cite an example of the refs making a mistake (on an actual call, there were quite a few mess-ups when explaining the calls)?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 10:56:58 PM »
Can you cite an example of the refs making a mistake (on an actual call, there were quite a few mess-ups when explaining the calls)?

- 12 men on the field call that was reviewed. Roach was off the field. Led to 3 points for GB instead of a punt.
- Williams' INT clearly hit the ground. Led to 3 points for GB.
- Personal foul call on Carimi should have been off-setting or nothing. Moved Bears from 2nd and 11 at GB 38 to 2nd and 26 at own 47.
- Illegal contact call on Wright. He stood there and Finley ran into him. Instead of 2nd and 10 at CHI 38, 1st and 10 at CHI 33.
- Raji (maybe Pickett?) grabbed Allen's facemask not once, but twice, while bringing him down in the backfield. Led to 3rd and 6 at own 41 instead of 1st and 10 at GB 44.

How's that?

Don't get me wrong, the Bears did plenty to lose this game by themselves but the Packer-friendly officiating didn't help.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 11:11:39 PM »
- 12 men on the field call that was reviewed. Roach was off the field. Led to 3 points for GB instead of a punt.
- Personal foul call on Carimi should have been off-setting or nothing. Moved Bears from 2nd and 11 at GB 38 to 2nd and 26 at own 47.
- Illegal contact call on Wright. He stood there and Finley ran into him. Instead of 2nd and 10 at CHI 38, 1st and 10 at CHI 33.
- Raji (maybe Pickett?) grabbed Allen's facemask not once, but twice, while bringing him down in the backfield. Led to 3rd and 6 at own 41 instead of 1st and 10 at GB 44.

How's that?

Don't get me wrong, the Bears did plenty to lose this game by themselves but the Packer-friendly officiating didn't help.

Lol.  Come on man.  Your quarterback had a 28.2 passer rating.  He was 11 for 27 with 4 interceptions and was sacked 7 times.  The refs had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome, whether they were horrible or great.  Your quarterback is awful and that determined the outcome of the game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 11:18:58 PM »
With the Vikings favorites and Detroit dogs this weekend, the consensus is........

MINNESOTA VIKINGS will be alone at the top of the NFC North on Sunday!  SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!

Tonight, both teams looked somewhere between bad and ordinary. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 11:21:36 PM »

How's that?

12 men on the field. I watched that frame by frame on dvr. His foot was still on the field when the ball moved. Correct call.

Did the ball move? It's allowed to hit the ground, as long as the player maintains possession/control. I don't think it was clear if the ball moved or not. Tough to overturn.

Yes, but that's football. The 2nd guys gets flagged often. It sucks for the Bears, but it is what it is.

Agreed, probably would have been a good no call. But I thought there was a very questionable reach-around with the back arm of the defender on Nelson one of the 1st few plays of the game that was not called.

Yes, I thought that at first but did he twist it or pull it? (I'm actually not sure, I didn't really watch the replay and already deleted the game). Incidental contact of the facemask is allowed (cough, Rodgers, Arizona, cough), but that is still called more often that not.

Refs aside, getting outgained nearly 2 to 1, losing the TO battle 4-2, and getting sacked 7 times is a recipe for a loss 99% of the time.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2012, 12:00:54 AM »
I'm still routinely puzzled about all this "Jay Cutler cries" BS that people love jumping on.  Why, cause he gets pissed at his offensive lineman for being worthless? Dude gets hit more than any other QB in the league and its happened for the 3rd consecutive year.  Nothing is being done to stop it.  That is the story of the game.  If you watch Cutler escape from collapsing pockets impressively 3-4 times in one drive in the 4th quarter, you know that those 7 sacks could have easily been 10+.  Did he play well?  No, but I just find it amusing that non-Bears fans are so quick to put it on Cutler.  He had 1 pick that was his fault, which was the terrible underthrow to Marshall.  Woodson's was a boneheaded play by Bennett and the other two may or may not have been picks.  Add Forte getting hurt and what do you have.  No running game, no pass protection, yet you expect him to put up numbers?  Its unfair.

Also when is the league gonna do something about Clay Matthews.  He's a tremendous pass rusher, but for as much as this league protects QBs, that dude tries to bodyslam QBs everytime he gets a chance.  Then finds the need to push on Cutler's chest after that last sack.  You're already one of the best pass rushers in the league.  No need to give further credence to people thinking you're a roided up meathead.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:05:33 AM by JWags85 »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2012, 12:13:58 AM »
I'm still routinely puzzled about all this "Jay Cutler cries" BS that people love jumping on.  Why, cause he gets pissed at his offensive lineman for being worthless? Dude gets hit more than any other QB in the league and its happened for the 3rd consecutive year.  Nothing is being done to stop it.  That is the story of the game.  If you watch Cutler escape from collapsing pockets impressively 3-4 times in one drive in the 4th quarter, you know that those 7 sacks could have easily been 10+.  Did he play well?  No, but I just find it amusing that non-Bears fans are so quick to put it on Cutler.  He had 1 pick that was his fault, which was the terrible underthrow to Marshall.  Woodson's was a boneheaded play by Bennett and the other two may or may not have been picks.  Add Forte getting hurt and what do you have.  No running game, no pass protection, yet you expect him to put up numbers?  Its unfair.

Also when is the league gonna do something about Clay Matthews.  He's a tremendous pass rusher, but for as much as this league protects QBs, that dude tries to bodyslam QBs everytime he gets a chance.  Then finds the need to push on Cutler's chest after that last sack.  You're already one of the best pass rushers in the league.  No need to give further credence to people thinking you're a roided up meathead.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 12:41:27 AM »

How's that?

To suggest that these type of questionable calls don't happen (to all teams) with the regular refs is madness. Cutler was awful, the Oline was equally bad, and the Bears got their butts whipped. It happens. Blaming the refs is the losers' lament.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2012, 06:06:13 AM »

wah, wah, wah.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2012, 06:50:54 AM »
"We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it's the same-old Jay. We don't need luck; Jay will throw us the ball." - Charles Woodson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2012, 07:34:03 AM »
LOL, jsonline can't spellcheck their own headlines

Total teem effort: Matthews leads charge on 'D'

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/169695966.html

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 07:36:52 AM »

rookie mistake (I know he's in his 2nd year but really still a rookie after being out last year) great acting job by Hawk leaping over the pile too!

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2012, 07:37:36 AM »

Tonight, both teams looked somewhere between bad and ordinary. 

Bad and ordinary is still significantly better than the queens.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 07:57:43 AM »
I'm still routinely puzzled about all this "Jay Cutler cries" BS that people love jumping on.  Why, cause he gets pissed at his offensive lineman for being worthless? Dude gets hit more than any other QB in the league and its happened for the 3rd consecutive year.  Nothing is being done to stop it.  That is the story of the game.  If you watch Cutler escape from collapsing pockets impressively 3-4 times in one drive in the 4th quarter, you know that those 7 sacks could have easily been 10+.  Did he play well?  No, but I just find it amusing that non-Bears fans are so quick to put it on Cutler.  He had 1 pick that was his fault, which was the terrible underthrow to Marshall.  Woodson's was a boneheaded play by Bennett and the other two may or may not have been picks.  Add Forte getting hurt and what do you have.  No running game, no pass protection, yet you expect him to put up numbers?  Its unfair.

I agree with you here.  He has to yell at his OL because he can't yell at his coaching staff - at some point you have to keep a TE or RB in to help.  He's lucky the refs decided not to call holding very often or else he probably would have been sacked two or three more times too.

Also when is the league gonna do something about Clay Matthews.  He's a tremendous pass rusher, but for as much as this league protects QBs, that dude tries to bodyslam QBs everytime he gets a chance.  Then finds the need to push on Cutler's chest after that last sack.  You're already one of the best pass rushers in the league.  No need to give further credence to people thinking you're a roided up meathead.

Oh please.  GAFB.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 07:58:07 AM »
LOL, jsonline can't spellcheck their own headlines

Total teem effort: Matthews leads charge on 'D'

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/169695966.html
Really?  Teem: to swarm, as in the way the Packers defense played yesterday.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 08:04:46 AM »

This is funny. Nothing better than listening to Bear fans after a humiliting loss to the Packers.