collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2012 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 192407 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
2012 NFC North/NFL Thread
« on: September 04, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
Figured I'd get the ball rolling, so glad to have football back.

Quick Predictions

NFC North

1. Pack 11-5
2. Bears 10-6
3. Lions 9-7
4. Vikings 3-13

Pack still class of both division and conference. Bears improved on offense (sans line) but too many questions on D (safety, middle lineback, d tackle). Lions take step back, mediocre offensive line and no running game catch up with them. Vikings are a long ways away.

Quick other thoughts...

Pack, Giants, Seahawks, Falcons are division winners. Bears and Panthers are wild cards.

Urlacher's last year as a Bear. He's not the player he once was, injuries and time have caught up with him. He still has a lot of value to the Bears and will be a big loss for them. Much like Ray Lewis is to the Ravens, certain guys mean more to their team that they've been with, even when time catches up with them.

Cedric Benson has over 1000 yards and over 6 rushing TD's, love that signing by the Pack.

tower912

• All American
Re: 2012 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »
Stafford throws for another 5k with Megatron getting 1500.   Lack of secondary and running game leave Detroit striving to get to .500.    Can't argue with your prediction for standings.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:41:58 PM »
Stafford throws for another 5k with Megatron getting 1500.   Lack of secondary and running game leave Detroit striving to get to .500.    Can't argue with your prediction for standings.   

I know LeShoure will be back, but he's killing the Lions, I really thought losing him last year was huge for them, and all the off field stuff with him is just adding on. I think Titus Young has a very nice season this year, really high on him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 03:44:50 PM »
Glad you started this thread up.  I really can't decide what the Packers' record will be.  I think they're the best team in the NFC and I think the defense will be better (Tramon Williams will be back to what he was at the end of the 2010-2011 season which will be huge), but I don't think they end up with the best record in the NFC because their schedule is TOUGH.  So tough that I think the Bears have a chance to win the division.  It will be a fun season.  I'll make my predictions when I have more time tonight to look more closely at the schedules.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 03:46:34 PM »
I see a lot of 35-31 games in Detroit's future.   No idea who will win.....   You are right about that guy.   He has the talent, but not the brains so far.   Defensively, Detroit is going to have to have the pass rush they were supposed to have last year.   Suh and Fairley have to collapse the pocket consistently.   If the QB gets 3.5 seconds to plant his feet....fuggedaboutit.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 06:21:20 PM »
Glad you started this thread up.  I really can't decide what the Packers' record will be.  I think they're the best team in the NFC and I think the defense will be better (Tramon Williams will be back to what he was at the end of the 2010-2011 season which will be huge), but I don't think they end up with the best record in the NFC because their schedule is TOUGH.  So tough that I think the Bears have a chance to win the division.  It will be a fun season.  I'll make my predictions when I have more time tonight to look more closely at the schedules.

I think they should be anywhere from 12-4 to 14-2. They went 15-1 with the 2nd worst D in the NFL and now have improved the weak areas. Secondary is still weak, but drafting Perry at OLB should help disrupt passing along with Matthews. D still probably will be bottom half of the NFL but is definately better.

Week 1- vs SF - tough game, win
Week 2 vs CHI - win
Week 3 at SEA - win
Week 4 vs NOLA - win
Week 5 at IND - win
Week 6 at HOU - tough game, loss
Week 7 at STL - win
Week 8 vs JAX - win
Week 9 vs ARI - win
Week 10 - BYE
Week 11 at DET - tough game, win
Week 12 at NYG - tough game, loss
Week 13 vs MIN - win
Week 14 vs DET - win
Week 15 at CHI - tough game, win
Week 16 vs TEN - win
Week 17 at MIN - win
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:27:43 PM by MUFanatic4Life »

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 06:25:09 PM »

Quick Predictions

NFC North

1. Pack 11-5
2. Bears 10-6
3. Lions 9-7
4. Vikings 3-13

Pack still class of both division and conference. Bears improved on offense (sans line) but too many questions on D (safety, middle lineback, d tackle). Lions take step back, mediocre offensive line and no running game catch up with them. Vikings are a long ways away.

Quick other thoughts...

Pack, Giants, Seahawks, Falcons are division winners. Bears and Panthers are wild cards.

Urlacher's last year as a Bear. He's not the player he once was, injuries and time have caught up with him. He still has a lot of value to the Bears and will be a big loss for them. Much like Ray Lewis is to the Ravens, certain guys mean more to their team that they've been with, even when time catches up with them.

Cedric Benson has over 1000 yards and over 6 rushing TD's, love that signing by the Pack.

No way I see Seattle beating out SanFran in the West. SanFran improved this offseason from an already 13-3 team and Seattle is relying on a rookie QB.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »

Quick Predictions

NFC North

1. Pack 11-5
2. Bears 10-6
3. Lions 9-7
4. Vikings 3-13

Pack still class of both division and conference.

CONSENSUS????

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 07:13:41 PM »
I forgot how brutal the first 4 weeks are for the Pack, I think they'll come out of 2-2, which would still make them the favorites in the conference.

I love the Seahawks this year, Wilson seems to have "it", and they have a huge home field advantage, and came on very strong towards the end of last season. Their sked is so much more favorable than San Fran's. GB, Dal, NE, Jets all go to Seattle. San Fran goes to GB, NE, Jets, NO and gets Bears, Giants, Lions at home. San Fran's schedule is brutal.

Every year 3 or 4 teams from last year don't make it back to the tournament from each conference, can't go all chalk from last year.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
I forgot how brutal the first 4 weeks are for the Pack, I think they'll come out of 2-2, which would still make them the favorites in the conference.

I love the Seahawks this year, Wilson seems to have "it", and they have a huge home field advantage, and came on very strong towards the end of last season. Their sked is so much more favorable than San Fran's. GB, Dal, NE, Jets all go to Seattle. San Fran goes to GB, NE, Jets, NO and gets Bears, Giants, Lions at home. San Fran's schedule is brutal.

Every year 3 or 4 teams from last year don't make it back to the tournament from each conference, can't go all chalk from last year.

I wouldnt call it "brutal." San Fran is beatable and GB is at home, the Chicago game week 2 should be no problem, you are overrating Seattle and I see them at best going like 8-8, and New Orleans could be hurt from loss of Sean Payton. I think at worst they go 3-1 and could definately go 4-0.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »
Glad you started this thread up.  I really can't decide what the Packers' record will be.  I think they're the best team in the NFC and I think the defense will be better (Tramon Williams will be back to what he was at the end of the 2010-2011 season which will be huge), but I don't think they end up with the best record in the NFC because their schedule is TOUGH.  So tough that I think the Bears have a chance to win the division.  It will be a fun season.  I'll make my predictions when I have more time tonight to look more closely at the schedules.

??? They have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league based on last year's winning percentage. Anything less than 12 wins will be a disappointment. After the sting of last year's playoff loss they are also the hands-on favorite to make the Super Bowl.

Pack - 13-3
Lions - 10-6
Bears - 9-7
Vikes - 4-12

I know a lot of people like the Bears over the Lions, but Detroit has a significant advantage at the most important position, which I think gives them the edge.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »
??? They have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league based on last year's winning percentage. Anything less than 12 wins will be a disappointment. After the sting of last year's playoff loss they are also the hands-on favorite to make the Super Bowl.

Pack - 13-3
Lions - 10-6
Bears - 9-7
Vikes - 4-12

I know a lot of people like the Bears over the Lions, but Detroit has a significant advantage at the most important position, which I think gives them the edge.

I like Megatron as much as the next guy and realize he's better than Marshall, but I don't know if it's that significant.

I say that knowing you can't possibly be talking about Cutler and Stafford.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
I like a good Christian.

SKOL VIKINGS!  NFC North Champs!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
I like a good Christian.

SKOL VIKINGS!  NFC North Champs!

You drinking Sid's kool-aid?  ;)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 08:52:02 AM »

Are you referring to WR or DT as the most important position?

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »
Are you referring to WR or DT as the most important position?

Haha, you and Dish are cute :)

Stafford >> Cutler in my book

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 01:00:47 PM »
Haha, you and Dish are cute :)

Stafford >> Cutler in my book

Stafford is a good, young QB who puts up big numbers but he's aided by the fact that he has the best WR in football on his team and throws the ball 40 times a game.

BTW, how's his team done against Cutler's in his career?  ;)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 01:59:19 PM »
vs.

A-Rod is ready for this debacle.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »
Stafford is a good, young QB who puts up big numbers but he's aided by the fact that he has the best WR in football on his team and throws the ball 40 times a game.

Cutler had a pretty good wr in Denver and threw a ton, but his numbers have always been fairly pedestrian by today's standards (never over a 89 rating in any season--not that it's a perfect stat).

BTW, how's his team done against Cutler's in his career?  ;)

1-3 in games Stafford has played. Would be 2-2 if the best wr in football held on to the ball for 1 more second.

To me, if Stafford stays healthy (and that's still a pretty big if) he's a better qb by a decent margin (Cutler also has some injury issues as well now). I could see how Bears fans wanna/could argue, but I just don't agree.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »
I have no problem with saying Stafford is better than Cutler, but there's no way he's significantly better. Consider Pro Bowls (Cutler 1, Stafford 0), Playoff Wins (Cutler 1, Stafford 0), Seasons starting all 16 games (Cutler 3, Stafford 1).

Stafford is injury prone, Cutler is not. While you can say Megatron helps Stafford's stats (which is true), you can't knock that against Stafford either. As another example, Detroit's awful running game greatly inflated Staffords stats last year. Stafford had 4 games of 50(!) or more attempts. When you look closer at last year, consider how Stafford inflated his stats against inferior pass defenses (nothing wrong with that either), but his numbers were worse against stiffer competition.

Prior to injuring his thumb trying to make a tackle, let's look at Stafford and Cutler's stats against same opponents. For arguments sake, since Cutler only faced the Vikes and Packers at home, I'm using Stafford's home game stats against those same two teams.

Sample size is 9 games (Atl, NO, GB (home), Min (home), SD, Car, TB, Det/Chi home and home)

Cutler 2111 yds on 282 pass attempts, avg yds per attempt 7.48 yds, 11 TD, 7 Int (1 in every 40 attempts)

Stafford 2655 yds on 344 attempts, avg yds per attempts, 7.71 yds,  19 TD,  12 Int (1 in every 29 attempts)

Since stats don't lie, I'm having a tough time seeing a significant advantage there.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 10:24:01 PM »
I have no problem with saying Stafford is better than Cutler, but there's no way he's significantly better. Consider Pro Bowls (Cutler 1, Stafford 0), Playoff Wins (Cutler 1, Stafford 0), Seasons starting all 16 games (Cutler 3, Stafford 1).

Stafford is injury prone, Cutler is not. While you can say Megatron helps Stafford's stats (which is true), you can't knock that against Stafford either. As another example, Detroit's awful running game greatly inflated Staffords stats last year. Stafford had 4 games of 50(!) or more attempts. When you look closer at last year, consider how Stafford inflated his stats against inferior pass defenses (nothing wrong with that either), but his numbers were worse against stiffer competition.

Prior to injuring his thumb trying to make a tackle, let's look at Stafford and Cutler's stats against same opponents. For arguments sake, since Cutler only faced the Vikes and Packers at home, I'm using Stafford's home game stats against those same two teams.

Sample size is 9 games (Atl, NO, GB (home), Min (home), SD, Car, TB, Det/Chi home and home)

Cutler 2111 yds on 282 pass attempts, avg yds per attempt 7.48 yds, 11 TD, 7 Int (1 in every 40 attempts)

Stafford 2655 yds on 344 attempts, avg yds per attempts, 7.71 yds,  19 TD,  12 Int (1 in every 29 attempts)

Since stats don't lie, I'm having a tough time seeing a significant advantage there.

Let's just all argue they're both swarmy, douchebag looking unnatural carnal knowledges.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 10:32:05 PM »
Let's just all argue they're both swarmy, douchebag looking fracks.

Where's the argument in that?  Seems pretty straight forward.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 11:09:54 PM »
Where's the argument in that?  Seems pretty straight forward.

That's why everyone will agree, duh.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 06:12:49 AM »
That's why everyone will agree, duh.

Swarmy no, smarmy yes.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 07:36:46 AM »
No way I see Seattle beating out SanFran in the West. SanFran improved this offseason from an already 13-3 team and Seattle is relying on a rookie QB.

San fran will come back to earth a little this year. I still think they win the division, but 13-3 last year was against a very weak schedule including a ridculous nfc west.

feedback