* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: With regards to seeding MU now.....does anyone think the committee.....  (Read 1711 times)

muguru

• All American
Will consider the fact that this team without Dom hung right with UCONN and right with UL on the road, or isn't "close" enough?? Are they more concerned with whether or not they won the game?? I still believe that if they get the 4th seed in the Big East tournament, it would be extremely disingenuous to give then anything other then at least a 4 seed in the NCAAs. Dom or no Dom. Barring that and anything worse then a 6 seed would be an absolute joke. Even that would be infuriating, but I guess somewhat understandable(depending how the rest of the season goes of course).
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GGGG

• All American
The Committee knows that there is still some basketball to play.  If they win one of the next two, get the double bye, and get to the BE championship, they'll be a 2 or 3.  If they lose both, fall to fifth, and then lose to someone like Seton Hall in the BE tournament, they they are a 5 or 6.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
If they lose both, fall to fifth, and then lose to someone like Seton Hall in the BE tournament, they they are a 5 or 6.

They lose all their remaining games, they have no shot at a 5 or 6 seed. The team entering the tournament (No Dominick James) will not have won a game. They'd be fortunate to get a 7...an 8 or 9 probably more likely in that (I believe unlikely) scenario.

muguru

• All American
If they drop as low as an 8 or 9 even without Dominic and losing the rest of their games, it would be the biggest joke in tourney history.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Coleman

• All American
I don't see us getting any better than a 3 seed or any worse than an 8. I think the most likely scenario is a 5 or 6.

If we lose out....an 8 seed is probably accurate. That would be 9 losses...

But I don't think we will lose out. If we beat Syracuse but lose to Pitt and our first game of the BET, we get a 6.

Lose to Pitt, beat Syracuse, get to the semis in the BET, we get a 5.

Beat Pitt, beat Syracuse, lose in the BET, we get a 5.

Beat Pitt, beat Syracuse, make the finals of the BET, we get a 4.

Win out...we get a 3.

As you can see...still a lot to play for.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:16:47 PM by ReneeRowarrior »

feedback