collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Which team are you rooting for in the NBA finals?

Milwaukee (the home town team)
34 (72.3%)
Phoenix (and an alum)
13 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: July 11, 2021, 05:37:18 PM

Author Topic: NBA Finals poll  (Read 2023 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
NBA Finals poll
« on: July 06, 2021, 05:37:18 PM »
A conundrum - the home town squad takes on a foe with a prominent MU player.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: NBA Finals poll
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 05:41:06 PM »
A conundrum - the home town squad takes on a foe with a prominent MU player.

Since Jae never made a Final 4 nor play for Al McGuire, this is easy.  I took the Bucks
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 06:19:14 PM »
As stated in the NBA thread ... rooting for the Bucks, picking the Suns.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 07:05:37 PM »
Frank Kaminski plays for the Suns. As does CP3. Even if I wasn’t a Bucks fan, that’s a no for me.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 08:04:41 PM »
Since Jae never made a Final 4 nor play for Al McGuire, this is easy.  I took the Bucks

BE POY doesn't get him any cred?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 08:15:38 PM »
I am pretty consistent, will root for what is best for MU. So I go with the MU Alum. Especially one starting and playing a prominent role the way Jae is.

If the Bucks win it’s good for MU as well. Playing in the same arena and close ties to the NBA champions can only help. .

So overall a win win situation no matter what happens
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 08:16:13 PM »
BE POY doesn't get him any cred?

Nice player but no Final 4. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 08:30:15 PM »
I didn't know who I would be rooting for until I started watching.    Turns out to be Phoenix.   

But that could change.   Not really feeling committed
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 08:32:49 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 09:29:44 PM »
I lived in Phoenix for several years and most of my family is still there. The Suns were the first NBA team I ever really followed. So this was easy for me. The fact that Jae is on the team is gravy.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 09:40:56 PM »
I lived in Phoenix for several years and most of my family is still there. The Suns were the first NBA team I ever really followed. So this was easy for me. The fact that Jae is on the team is gravy.

When you lived in Phoenix, SAW, which Suns era was it?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2021, 09:48:08 PM »
When you lived in Phoenix, SAW, which Suns era was it?

Chambers, KJ, Majerle, Cotton. I followed them when I lived there in the late 80s and through the Barkley years. The Cavs weren’t a very compelling replacement my first dozen or so years here. So, I still would consider myself a Suns fan…but second to the Cavs. Kind of have the same situation with the Broncos and the Browns.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2021, 09:53:33 PM »
I’m a Bulls fan so this is easy - Jae all the way.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 09:56:52 PM »
Oops thought it was who do I think wins.

Rooting: bucks (lived there for 5yrs how can you not?)

Think will win: Phoenix because the bucks are coached terribly

Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2021, 10:08:09 PM »
Chambers, KJ, Majerle, Cotton. I followed them when I lived there in the late 80s and through the Barkley years. The Cavs weren’t a very compelling replacement my first dozen or so years here. So, I still would consider myself a Suns fan…but second to the Cavs. Kind of have the same situation with the Broncos and the Browns.

Those were some fun teams. KJ was a hell of a point guard; would have excelled in any era. And Chambers would have been the perfect big today.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2021, 10:29:02 PM »
Those were some fun teams. KJ was a hell of a point guard; would have excelled in any era. And Chambers would have been the perfect big today.

They really were a fun team - perfect for someone who hadn’t really followed an NBA team before. Great personalities and an entertaining style of play.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2021, 10:33:54 PM »
Under any other circumstance, would definitely be pulling for the Bucks, especially since Chris Paul plays for Phoenix.

But…gotta cheer for Abdel Nader, hope he gets a ring.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 12:11:22 AM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2021, 04:15:10 PM »
Oops thought it was who do I think wins.

Rooting: bucks (lived there for 5yrs how can you not?)

Think will win: Phoenix because the bucks are coached terribly

I think the talk surrounding Bud is getting way too extreme. Is he an elite coach? No. But he won big in Atlanta with a good but not great roster. And he's won in Milwaukee every year.

The Suns definitely have a coaching advantage but he hasn't really been outcoached in any of the first three rounds. ECF games 5 and 6 after Giannis went down he had the team playing really well.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2021, 04:41:21 PM »
I think the talk surrounding Bud is getting way too extreme. Is he an elite coach? No. But he won big in Atlanta with a good but not great roster. And he's won in Milwaukee every year.

The Suns definitely have a coaching advantage but he hasn't really been outcoached in any of the first three rounds. ECF games 5 and 6 after Giannis went down he had the team playing really well.

After watching the Miami and Toronto series maybe he finally learned a lesson but that was horrific coaching in both. It literally was keep running giannis into a trap in the lane and then be confused why it's not working.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2021, 04:45:46 PM »
After watching the Miami and Toronto series maybe he finally learned a lesson but that was horrific coaching in both. It literally was keep running giannis into a trap in the lane and then be confused why it's not working.

Last year he was terrible, for sure. In 2019 he was good against Boston in the ECSF but once Toronto adjusted he had no answer. This year he's been largely fine but Monty Williams is likely going to coach circles around him.

He's not the best but he's not Jason Kidd either. Probably somewhere in the 10-15 range of current NBA coaches, in my opinion.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2021, 05:00:30 PM »
Last year he was terrible, for sure. In 2019 he was good against Boston in the ECSF but once Toronto adjusted he had no answer. This year he's been largely fine but Monty Williams is likely going to coach circles around him.

He's not the best but he's not Jason Kidd either. Probably somewhere in the 10-15 range of current NBA coaches, in my opinion.

But thats a valid complaint then.  I also definitely weight performance with inferior rosters differently.  Some coaches are fantastic with younger or less talented teams, but they don't do well as the favorites or stacked teams, especially in the playoffs.  Its seeming like Brad Stevens was one.  Bud looks to be one.  I think Doc may be one (Big 3 title excluded).

Doesn't mean they are a total bum, but it can absolutely mean they aren't the answer and are holding a potential championship caliber team back.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2021, 06:02:09 PM »
But thats a valid complaint then.  I also definitely weight performance with inferior rosters differently.  Some coaches are fantastic with younger or less talented teams, but they don't do well as the favorites or stacked teams, especially in the playoffs.  Its seeming like Brad Stevens was one.  Bud looks to be one.  I think Doc may be one (Big 3 title excluded).

Doesn't mean they are a total bum, but it can absolutely mean they aren't the answer and are holding a potential championship caliber team back.

We agree. I was responding to Bud being called "terrible" which he certainly is not. Is he good enough to win the title this year? I'd lean no, but we'll know in the next two weeks. He's a viable NBA coach who struggles at times in the playoffs.

feedback