collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread  (Read 95572 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread
« Reply #2500 on: January 14, 2024, 05:31:52 PM »
Doesn't seem like a fit for Belichick/McDaniels.
;D

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2501 on: January 14, 2024, 06:03:36 PM »
I can’t imagine Mike McCarthy is employed come Wednesday evening.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2502 on: January 14, 2024, 06:36:49 PM »

He won't make Wednesday. Anyone who watched the Packers this year and came out with THAT game plan...at home...should be run out of town immediately. And Dan Quinn should follow him. Belichick will be coaching them by the end of the week.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2503 on: January 14, 2024, 06:53:05 PM »

Before the game they were talking bout how McCarthy was brought in to win Championships. I found that odd, as he was canned in GB for not being able to win Championships. Kind of thought to myself that if GB could find a way to win, as strange as it would be to fire a coach who had the season he just had, that McCarthy may get canned.

Didn't expect that embarrassment though.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2504 on: January 14, 2024, 07:37:29 PM »
Cowboys are the first team in NFL history to win 12 games in three straight seasons and fail to make the conference championship in any of them.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2505 on: January 14, 2024, 07:43:15 PM »
He won't make Wednesday. Anyone who watched the Packers this year and came out with THAT game plan...at home...should be run out of town immediately. And Dan Quinn should follow him. Belichick will be coaching them by the end of the week.

I didn’t think anyone could top Stefanski giving up yesterday, but at least he put in a productive start and most of a first half.  McCarthy was unconscionably bad.

And Dak…man.  I like Dak, think he’s been unfairly maligned at times.  I think he’s a really great dude off the field, and he came back from an injury and had his best year ever.  Really accurate and efficient, limited mistakes.  But then to come out like that in a big home playoff game?  Just endless ammo for haters and critics.  It almost looked like he was hurt for a good chunk of the first

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2506 on: January 14, 2024, 07:48:11 PM »
I didn’t think anyone could top Stefanski giving up yesterday, but at least he put in a productive start and most of a first half.  McCarthy was unconscionably bad.

And Dak…man.  I like Dak, think he’s been unfairly maligned at times.  I think he’s a really great dude off the field, and he came back from an injury and had his best year ever.  Really accurate and efficient, limited mistakes.  But then to come out like that in a big home playoff game?  Just endless ammo for haters and critics.  It almost looked like he was hurt for a good chunk of the first

Packers punched them in the mouth and they turtled.  49ers and Bills did it to them, Pack did, too
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2507 on: January 15, 2024, 10:33:59 AM »
Not to distract from the postseason, but one Caleb Williams has not declared for the draft, with the deadline today.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2508 on: January 15, 2024, 10:43:02 AM »
Not to distract from the postseason, but one Caleb Williams has not declared for the draft, with the deadline today.
He skipped the bowl game because he intends to go the NFL. I don't think there is a story here. -Could be tomorrow?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2509 on: January 15, 2024, 10:43:58 AM »

He may have filed and just not announced it.
We'll see, I guess.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2510 on: January 15, 2024, 10:46:29 AM »

That's kind of been who Dak is. Maybe the 10th best QB in the league, on average, over the years.

I don't think he was hurt in the first half, though the complete prevent D that GB went into after going up by 32 made him look healthier in the last 6 minutes of the game. With all that talent around him, and GB managing to put very little pressure on him throughout the game, he should have been much, much better.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2511 on: January 15, 2024, 10:54:17 AM »
The bears are firmly the worst team in the NFC North, right?

They are definitely now the longest tenured without a playoff win - 2011.

IMO, the demise of the bears franchise starts and ends with the McCaskey family. Need new ownership badly

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2512 on: January 15, 2024, 10:55:52 AM »
Some noise that Williams would rather go to Washington, and is trying to leverage his ability to go back to school to force a trade so the Commanders can swap picks.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2513 on: January 15, 2024, 11:08:13 AM »
I commented on it somewhere. But what impresses me about Love and the Pack, is who well they spread the ball around. It makes it a lot harder on the defense when there isn't just 1 or 2 guys you have to focus on. The teams that have struggled late in the year, and the Cowboys, really strongly rely on 1 or 2 guys. As an example, below are the % of targets to the top 2 receivers for remaining playoff teams:

Philly: 51.4%   Have been being exposed lately
Miami: 50%.    Also got exposed
Detroit: 49.5% Packers were able to handle their offense by taking away primary options
Tampa: 48.4% Not a strong offense
Cowboys: 47% Definitely got exposed by the Packers taking away primary options.
Buffalo: 46% Have struggled more this year
-----             Cutoff
SF: 41% Very strong and dangerous offense
KC: 37% Mahomes is elite because he spreads it around
Ravens: 36% Add in the dual threat QB and it is why they are the favorites
Texans: 35% Impressive for a rookie to see the field and spread it around
Packers: 34% Been crazy good the latter half of the season

One can argue that part of it is a product of teams having an elite receiver or 2, which is true to an extent, but it also leads to a tendency for the QB to only look at 1 or 2 options, which eventually can become a liability in the playoffs.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2514 on: January 15, 2024, 12:38:38 PM »
Some noise that Williams would rather go to Washington, and is trying to leverage his ability to go back to school to force a trade so the Commanders can swap picks.
I don't see the Bears and Commanders making a trade today.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2515 on: January 15, 2024, 12:42:00 PM »
That's kind of been who Dak is. Maybe the 10th best QB in the league, on average, over the years.

I don't think he was hurt in the first half, though the complete prevent D that GB went into after going up by 32 made him look healthier in the last 6 minutes of the game. With all that talent around him, and GB managing to put very little pressure on him throughout the game, he should have been much, much better.

Yea I don't think he actually was, thats just how tentative, antsy, and bad he looked.

Forcing a trade to his hometown team, what could go wrong?!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2516 on: January 15, 2024, 01:05:20 PM »
Dam is Kirk Cousins. Big numbers - but ultimately a dud. The biggest reasons Cowboys flame out every year.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2517 on: January 15, 2024, 01:33:29 PM »
Dam is Kirk Cousins. Big numbers - but ultimately a dud. The biggest reasons Cowboys flame out every year.

To be fair, Dak has also had 2 HCs with reputations for flaming out in the playoffs well before he entered the league.  Dak shares plenty of the burden, but there is some leadership lacking at the top too.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2518 on: January 15, 2024, 01:34:42 PM »
To be fair, Dak has also had 2 HCs with reputations for flaming out in the playoffs well before he entered the league.  Dak shares plenty of the burden, but there is some leadership lacking at the top too.

I can’t argue with that.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2519 on: January 15, 2024, 01:54:01 PM »
Caleb Williams has officially declared.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2520 on: January 15, 2024, 03:33:02 PM »
The Bears could get #8 overall for Justin Fields?

What is Mel smoking?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2521 on: January 15, 2024, 04:28:58 PM »

Big picture you may be right. But yesterday? Until it was over for all intents and purposes he was awful.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2522 on: January 15, 2024, 04:46:50 PM »
The Bears could get #8 overall for Justin Fields?

What is Mel smoking?
#8 in the 2nd or 3rd round?

IF #8 overall could be had for Fields, I think even the most pro-Fields fans would get onboard with a trade.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 04:58:05 PM by WhiteTrash »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2523 on: January 15, 2024, 05:22:27 PM »
#8 in the 2nd or 3rd round?

IF #8 overall could be had for Fields, I think even the most pro-Fields fans would get onboard with a trade.

#8 overall. I think Mel is basically Jim Cramer of the NFL.

https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1746995003027493309?t=FfmSmOyB2YF3O4ToMsuP2A&s=19

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2524 on: January 15, 2024, 05:29:16 PM »
#8 overall. I think Mel is basically Jim Cramer of the NFL.

https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1746995003027493309?t=FfmSmOyB2YF3O4ToMsuP2A&s=19

Maybe he meant someone would be willing to take him off their hands for a #8 overall if the Bears threw in the #1 pick overall as compensation for taking him.

That's about as realistic.

feedback