[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread  (Read 95701 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread
« Reply #2375 on: January 09, 2024, 12:29:36 PM »
Hope he likes living in London

Guess he’s played with enough garbage QBs, playing with Lawrence or Fields wouldn’t be a big change

London would be a pretty great place to live, especially on $20+ million a year.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2376 on: January 09, 2024, 12:30:23 PM »
London would be a pretty great place to live, especially on $20+ million a year.

You’d have to pay me $40 million to live in Jacksonville for even half a year
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2377 on: January 09, 2024, 12:46:03 PM »
Right now, who would you rather have on your team?

Love or Lawrence?
Today:
Love >Lawrence>Fields
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2378 on: January 09, 2024, 01:14:57 PM »
Here's what happens when you let a woman own an NFL franchise (Amy Strunk of the Titans). Gibberish like this:

"As the NFL continues to innovate and evolve, I believe the teams best positioned for sustained success will be those who empower an aligned and collaborative team across all football functions. Last year, we began a shift in our approach to football leadership and made several changes to our personnel to advance that plan. As I continued to assess the state of our team, I arrived at the conclusion that the team would also benefit from the fresh approach and perspective of a new coaching staff. I will never shy away from acknowledging that I have unapologetically high expectations for the football team and every aspect of the Titans organization. Our vision is not simply to produce more wins than losses, it is to regularly compete for championships. While this season was disappointing, I see early signs of progress taking shape. Last year we added a promising young quarterback and several other talented players to our roster. With a coaching search, enviable cap space, and top-10 draft position, this offseason is as important as any in our history. I'm excited for the weeks and months ahead. We will meet the moment'".

Methinks she attended one too many leadership seminars.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2379 on: January 09, 2024, 01:16:58 PM »
Here's what happens when you let a woman own an NFL franchise (Amy Strunk of the Titans). Gibberish like this:

"As the NFL continues to innovate and evolve, I believe the teams best positioned for sustained success will be those who empower an aligned and collaborative team across all football functions. Last year, we began a shift in our approach to football leadership and made several changes to our personnel to advance that plan. As I continued to assess the state of our team, I arrived at the conclusion that the team would also benefit from the fresh approach and perspective of a new coaching staff. I will never shy away from acknowledging that I have unapologetically high expectations for the football team and every aspect of the Titans organization. Our vision is not simply to produce more wins than losses, it is to regularly compete for championships. While this season was disappointing, I see early signs of progress taking shape. Last year we added a promising young quarterback and several other talented players to our roster. With a coaching search, enviable cap space, and top-10 draft position, this offseason is as important as any in our history. I'm excited for the weeks and months ahead. We will meet the moment'".

Methinks she attended one too many leadership seminars.

And then there's this...

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini
The Titans believed trading Vrabel was too complicated and would take too long, per sources. They wanted to move on quickly. I was told Vrabel never asked ownership for a trade or asked out of Tennessee.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2380 on: January 09, 2024, 01:59:54 PM »

And then there's this...

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini
The Titans believed trading Vrabel was too complicated and would take too long, per sources. They wanted to move on quickly. I was told Vrabel never asked ownership for a trade or asked out of Tennessee.
Obviously I'm not an NFL owner/GM so I am not an expert and I guess I could buy it may take too long to trade a coach, but "too complicated"? What does that mean? Do they not have Chat GPT in Tennessee to help the process? ;D

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2381 on: January 09, 2024, 02:13:46 PM »
The Bears should be sprinting to call Vrabel. I know he’s going to go to New England, but at least do some due diligence behind the scenes.

What's your top 5 head coaches for the bears look like (assuming Eberflus is gone)?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2382 on: January 09, 2024, 02:49:54 PM »
I will be shocked if Eberflus is fired.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2383 on: January 09, 2024, 02:58:42 PM »
I will be shocked if Eberflus is fired.
I wouldn't be shocked. I think he is coming back but the longer they take to confirm he still has the job, the less confident I am. I can only guess they are seeing if they have a better option before committing. If that is what is going on, "shocked" would be too strong for me.

Also, they maybe telling him Getsy has to go or he has to go. I can't believe Eberflus is dumb enough to want Getsy back or dumb enough to die on that hill.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2384 on: January 09, 2024, 03:02:18 PM »
Can the Packers get anything for Watson or Jaire?  Don't think you want Jaire in the locker room (and don't think he wants to be there), and we're proving to be just fine without Watson.  If Watson played more than like 5 games a year, of course you keep him.  But...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2385 on: January 09, 2024, 03:06:29 PM »
Can the Packers get anything for Watson or Jaire?  Don't think you want Jaire in the locker room (and don't think he wants to be there), and we're proving to be just fine without Watson.  If Watson played more than like 5 games a year, of course you keep him.  But...

Moving Alexander is going to cost you $27 million in dead cap. That would be one of the five largest dead cap hits in NFL history, and the largest for a non-QB.

• All American
« Reply #2386 on: January 09, 2024, 03:13:38 PM »
Watson has two more years of a cheap contract. You bring him back next year, hopes he is healthy and performs, and then trade him at his peak if that's what you want. Right now you wouldn't get a big return for him.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2387 on: January 09, 2024, 04:32:34 PM »
Moving Alexander is going to cost you $27 million in dead cap. That would be one of the five largest dead cap hits in NFL history, and the largest for a non-QB.

Even moving on from Alexander after 2024 isn’t great at an almost $20M dead cap hit.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2388 on: January 09, 2024, 04:39:34 PM »
What's your top 5 head coaches for the bears look like (assuming Eberflus is gone)?

My priority would be Harbaugh (this is me talking and not the McCaskey’s). The guy is difficult, but he wins everywhere he goes.

I’d take Vrabel in a heartbeat.

I’ve always thought Dave Toub would be a great head coach (that’s just my opinion).

The rest of the field I probably can’t give a decent opinion on as they’d be current coordinators.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2389 on: January 09, 2024, 07:25:39 PM »
There are an awful lot of good HC candidates out there that might make someone think harder about letting their guy go for a chance to upgrade. No doubt in my mind Vrabel deserves to be HC and that the Titans will regret it. If he can't latch on maybe the Packers can do a stock sale to pay him a billionty dollars to coach the defense

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2390 on: January 09, 2024, 08:45:42 PM »
There are an awful lot of good HC candidates out there that might make someone think harder about letting their guy go for a chance to upgrade. No doubt in my mind Vrabel deserves to be HC and that the Titans will regret it. If he can't latch on maybe the Packers can do a stock sale to pay him a billionty dollars to coach the defense

Considering his history, don't you think NE is the leading candidate for Vrabel?

It would be much safer (and probably better for his career) to come to GB and possibly add a SB title, but I don't know if these guys are built that way.

If he does go to NE, he has zero chance to succeed unless they hit on the right QB in this draft.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2391 on: January 09, 2024, 10:12:31 PM »
Considering his history, don't you think NE is the leading candidate for Vrabel?

It would be much safer (and probably better for his career) to come to GB and possibly add a SB title, but I don't know if these guys are built that way.

If he does go to NE, he has zero chance to succeed unless they hit on the right QB in this draft.

One would think that, but there's also speculation that Mayo has been next in line there.

Which, if he's not, we'll take that too!

• All American
« Reply #2392 on: January 10, 2024, 09:46:19 AM »
So it looks like Getsy and the offensive staff has been let go in Chicago. Does Eberfluss survive because of the strides they believe the defense made throughout this season?  Do they really believe he is all that? Because it feels like a typical Bears half-move rather than a bold one.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2393 on: January 10, 2024, 09:49:49 AM »
Bears doing Bears things. Sigh.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2394 on: January 10, 2024, 10:09:47 AM »
So it looks like Getsy and the offensive staff has been let go in Chicago. Does Eberfluss survive because of the strides they believe the defense made throughout this season?  Do they really believe he is all that? Because it feels like a typical Bears half-move rather than a bold one.

What strides? The defense played better when fully healthy against bad teams.

But if there were injuries or playing good teams, defense was unimpressive.

Fire the man.

You're going to let him choose the QB situation? Dumb

Edit:

It has been confirmed Eberflus will stay. So, Eberflus and Poles will decide to take a QB at 1.01 or trade or whatever.

I sincerely hope they don't decide on a QB, then suck, then fire Eberflus (or Eberflus and Poles) and then have to bring in a whole new regime with a QB they didn't pick. They've done that now several times and it doesn't work. It's complete organizational dysfunction.

I do wonder if this is Poles (knowingly or unknowingly) tying his employment to Eberflus.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 10:16:39 AM by jesmu84 »

• All American
« Reply #2395 on: January 10, 2024, 10:16:17 AM »

That's why I purposely said "the strides they believe the defense made..." I agree with you. I really see no solid rationale why they would bring him back.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2396 on: January 10, 2024, 10:16:50 AM »

But if there were injuries or playing good teams, defense was unimpressive.

Fire the man.

You're going to let him choose the QB situation? Dumb
Who is "him"? Poles?

Eberflus will have slightly more input on the QB than I do.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2397 on: January 10, 2024, 10:18:35 AM »
Who is "him"? Poles?

Him = Eberflus.

It would seem incredibly dumb to pick a QB your coach (or at least OC) doesn't agree with.

• All American
« Reply #2398 on: January 10, 2024, 10:19:21 AM »
Who is "him"? Poles?

Then the organization is even more f*cked than we think. The GM and head coach have to be perfectly alligned on the direction the club is taking. The GM can't just say "here is your quarterback."

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2399 on: January 10, 2024, 10:24:46 AM »
That's why I purposely said "the strides they believe the defense made..." I agree with you. I really see no solid rationale why they would bring him back.
I would support Eberflus being canned. But, looking at the entire body of work (coaching a team in tank mode then getting the talent of the Bears to 7 wins) is not terrible. I can live with this.

I would rank the moves needed to be made as 1. Getsy (done), 2. Fields (TBD) 3. Eberflus (not).
(nice to get the GB stink out of Halas Hall  :D)