[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread  (Read 95671 times)

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
Re: 2023-24 NFL Thread
« Reply #625 on: September 28, 2023, 03:03:47 PM »
Does Bakh play another snap for the packers?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #626 on: September 28, 2023, 03:05:54 PM »
Does Bakh play another snap for the packers?

Might make it out there for another game or two before having to shut it down permanently.  His knee is more torn up than Jenna Jameson.

edit: nm I see he is on IR now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 03:53:18 PM by Hards Alumni »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #627 on: September 28, 2023, 04:40:17 PM »
"Chicago Bears coach Matt Eberflus said Wednesday that he will continue to call defensive plays for the remainder of the season"

I'd like to personally thank Matt for making the decision to fire him at the end of the season, or sooner, even easier. (that is assuming the reports that the decision to fire him has already been made are false)

As clueless as I think this may be…he just lost his DC.  I dont know if he has much choice regardless?

"Fields threw for 99 yards, a touchdown and an interception in a 41-10 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs last Sunday. His completion percentage and passer rating has declined each week since a season-opening loss to the Green Bay Packers, as have his number of pass attempts and the air yards per attempt."

" Bears offensive coordinator Luke Getsy is encouraged by the growth he's seeing from Justin Fields "

:o

Fields has been bad.  And he’s regressed and given even fans of his plenty to doubt.  But my god he’s being failed by coaching so badly.  This is just a prime example.  If this is a quote given to the press, how can he be getting realistic and actionable guidance behind closed doors?  It’s one thing if Getsy slammed him or showed tough love to the press and then uses it to build or motivate in practice, but this is just awful.  I’m sure Fields is disappointed with himself and knows he can be better, he alluded to as much in his comments last week.  Having your OC come out and say this after that and a miserablele performance has got to be a mindf**k

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #628 on: September 28, 2023, 04:48:26 PM »
Why don't the Bears hire someone with a proven track record of developing QBs and just throw a garbage truck full of cash at him to fix their problem.  At this point, even as a Packer fan, I feel awful for what Bears fans are going through year in and year out.

Mostly.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #629 on: September 28, 2023, 05:17:57 PM »
As clueless as I think this may be…he just lost his DC.  I dont know if he has much choice regardless?

Fields has been bad.  And he’s regressed and given even fans of his plenty to doubt.  But my god he’s being failed by coaching so badly.  This is just a prime example.  If this is a quote given to the press, how can he be getting realistic and actionable guidance behind closed doors?  It’s one thing if Getsy slammed him or showed tough love to the press and then uses it to build or motivate in practice, but this is just awful.  I’m sure Fields is disappointed with himself and knows he can be better, he alluded to as much in his comments last week.  Having your OC come out and say this after that and a miserablele performance has got to be a mindf**k
As for being the DC, I somewhat agree but A) he has proven he can't handle being HC with a DC, now he is doing both jobs; B) this is another indictment of not building an NFL quality staff. Not having someone on the staff that can act as interim DC is laughable.  Absolute clown show management. Is Matt going to cover kicking duties if the kicker gets injured?

As for Fields, I agree. Any casual fan can look at games or tape and see that the blame is about 50/50 Justin and coaching. The public statement of being happy with Field's play, paired with Justin's own comments, completely under-minds Getsy's credibility. There is zero reason for Getsy to trash Fields or even give an honest assessment of Fields to the public. But you can not praise his play and expect the public not to laugh at you. How about a neutral and un-verifiable statement "we are pleased with Justin's effort and dedication"?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #630 on: September 28, 2023, 07:01:46 PM »
As for being the DC, I somewhat agree but A) he has proven he can't handle being HC with a DC, now he is doing both jobs; B) this is another indictment of not building an NFL quality staff. Not having someone on the staff that can act as interim DC is laughable.  Absolute clown show management. Is Matt going to cover kicking duties if the kicker gets injured?

As for Fields, I agree. Any casual fan can look at games or tape and see that the blame is about 50/50 Justin and coaching. The public statement of being happy with Field's play, paired with Justin's own comments, completely under-minds Getsy's credibility. There is zero reason for Getsy to trash Fields or even give an honest assessment of Fields to the public. But you can not praise his play and expect the public not to laugh at you. How about a neutral and un-verifiable statement "we are pleased with Justin's effort and dedication"?

This quote from Getsy is even better:

“I think we’re in the process of building something special,” Getsy said, via Mark Potash of the Chicago Sun-Times. “We’re in the phase of it’s Week Three going into Week Four and we’re going on to find a way to attack Denver in a completely different way than we did Kansas City. . . . It’s a 17-week process. It is not a three-week process.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #631 on: September 28, 2023, 07:13:18 PM »
We'll be almost ready by Week 17. Or definitely by Week 17 of 2025!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #632 on: September 28, 2023, 07:20:42 PM »
This quote from Getsy is even better:

“I think we’re in the process of building something special,” Getsy said, via Mark Potash of the Chicago Sun-Times. “We’re in the phase of it’s Week Three going into Week Four and we’re going on to find a way to attack Denver in a completely different way than we did Kansas City. . . . It’s a 17-week process. It is not a three-week process.”
Oh yeah, I think everyone see they are building something special  :o

Great, an NFL Offensive Coordinator doesn't know it's an 18 week season. Or maybe he knows he will be fired after week 17.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #633 on: September 28, 2023, 07:34:53 PM »
Packers o-line might suck
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #634 on: September 28, 2023, 07:44:57 PM »
D line sucks major ass too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #635 on: September 28, 2023, 07:51:22 PM »
I'm a big fan of Kirk Herbstreit , but not for NFL.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #636 on: September 28, 2023, 07:53:55 PM »
I'm a big fan of Kirk Herbstreit , but not for NFL.

I like him. Understands the game and communicates well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #637 on: September 28, 2023, 10:29:06 PM »
The Lions will stomp the Bears.

Of course Michigan would stomp the Bears too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #638 on: September 29, 2023, 07:26:57 AM »
Really impressed with the Lions.

They have done a great job of building good offensive and defensive lines, which makes things easier for everyone else.

Goff threw the early horrible INT but then showed a lot of maturity and mental toughness in bouncing right back to lead two nice scoring drives. He has good talent around him and uses it well, and Ben Johnson looks like a fine OC.

Fun team to watch, too, partly because of their coach's personality (and therefore the team's personality).

They play the Panthers at home next. That figures to be a very ugly one for my lads. I hope Young survives.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #639 on: October 01, 2023, 09:41:15 AM »
Claypool inactive today for the Bears.(cut?)
Tyson Bagent now QB#2

Neither of these seem to be desperate moves to me, just common sense.
(the "desperate stuff" is still to come later)

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #640 on: October 01, 2023, 12:02:30 PM »
Really impressed with the Lions.

They have done a great job of building good offensive and defensive lines, which makes things easier for everyone else.

Goff threw the early horrible INT but then showed a lot of maturity and mental toughness in bouncing right back to lead two nice scoring drives. He has good talent around him and uses it well, and Ben Johnson looks like a fine OC.

Fun team to watch, too, partly because of their coach's personality (and therefore the team's personality).

They play the Panthers at home next. That figures to be a very ugly one for my lads. I hope Young survives.

82, Young will be just fine.  He needs one full year to develop and he will be off to the races.  The good thing is that he is on a team that can afford the luxury of letting him play and not pulling him when things aren't going exactly the way they want it to go.  Kinda like the opposite of what's been happening in Chicago for the last decade.  I've seen Young in high school, college, and now in the NFL.  I think he will only get better as time goes on. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #641 on: October 01, 2023, 12:56:41 PM »
Fields outplaying Russell Wilson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #642 on: October 01, 2023, 01:02:54 PM »
82, Young will be just fine.  He needs one full year to develop and he will be off to the races.  The good thing is that he is on a team that can afford the luxury of letting him play and not pulling him when things aren't going exactly the way they want it to go.  Kinda like the opposite of what's been happening in Chicago for the last decade.  I've seen Young in high school, college, and now in the NFL.  I think he will only get better as time goes on.

I agree. I'm a Bryce Young fan, he's the guy I wanted the Panthers to draft once they made the trade, and I know it almost always takes time for QBs to make the jump to the NFL.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #643 on: October 01, 2023, 01:03:08 PM »
Fields outplaying Russell Wilson

How bad is Denver?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #644 on: October 01, 2023, 01:10:10 PM »
How bad is Denver?

They’re terrible.  And that Wilson contract looks worse and worse each game

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #645 on: October 01, 2023, 01:10:14 PM »
Defense optional in buffalo

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #646 on: October 01, 2023, 01:12:27 PM »
Bears are f-ing up the Tank 2.0 plan.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #647 on: October 01, 2023, 01:15:37 PM »
How did Miami only score 70 against this Broncos defense?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #648 on: October 01, 2023, 01:16:17 PM »
How did Miami only score 70 against this Broncos defense?

Nice.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #649 on: October 01, 2023, 01:31:06 PM »
In the first halves of their last two games, the Broncos have allowed 1 incompletion.

That incompletion was the Hail Mary attempt by Fields to end the half.

feedback