[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus  (Read 87460 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

Pakuni

• All American

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Markus
« Reply #302 on: April 03, 2019, 06:20:17 PM »
Very revealing.

I think we can all agree that MSM doesn't cover these hard-hitting pieces like they used to.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #304 on: April 04, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »
Way to go Markus.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26435243/duke-duo-morant-wooden-award-finalists

Marquette has been lucky to be associated with this fine basketball player and outstanding young man for these last 3 years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #305 on: April 04, 2019, 11:05:02 AM »
Myles Powell declared for the draft but without signing an agent

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #306 on: April 10, 2019, 08:03:12 AM »
https://www.nbadraft.net/2020mock_draft

keep in mind this is for next year's draft

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2019, 08:08:08 AM »

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2019, 08:11:05 AM »
Yep. Top kids being recreuited away by charter schools, prep schools, etc.
Can't blame the kids. If I had a basketball future, I'd gladly flee Garfield Park, Lawndale or Englewood for a nice, safe campus in Indiana, Florida or Nevada.

Prep school girls in tartan mini skirts?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2019, 08:26:51 AM »
https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2019/

markus at #59

Never mind that, there is an Achiuwa in the mix!  Is Precious God'sGift's brother?
Have some patience, FFS.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2019, 09:52:46 AM »
Never mind that, there is an Achiuwa in the mix!  Is Precious God'sGift's brother?

Yes. Believe there is also a brother named  Promise.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2019, 10:01:46 AM »
Cant see Markus going anywhere.  And what is so wrong with returning for ones senior year to a team preranked 2-7? 
In fact i think Markus owes it to his teammates...for 3 years these guys have all stepped to the shadows n selflessly deferred their limelight to Markus.  I think it woukd be selfish of Markus to at this point abandon his team after they have given so much to him.
Its not like he is a lottery pick, why torpedo a potentially glorious campaign to slog thru downtrodden small cities in the G league when u can potentially participate in a senior season like any kid that has ever played college basketball dreams of?
Really seems like a no brainer to me.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2019, 10:06:37 AM »
In fact i think Markus owes it to his teammates...for 3 years these guys have all stepped to the shadows n selflessly deferred their limelight to Markus.  I think it woukd be selfish of Markus to at this point abandon his team after they have given so much to him.

You realize that the limelight will shine even more on Markus if he returns right?  He'll probably be a pre-season first team All-American.

If his teammates have truly sacrificed their games in deference to Markus, then it would probably be best if he actually did leave.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2019, 10:12:13 AM »
Very revealing.

Nothin' ta cee heer, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »

You realize that the limelight will shine even more on Markus if he returns right?  He'll probably be a pre-season first team All-American.

If his teammates have truly sacrificed their games in deference to Markus, then it would probably be best if he actually did leave.

Missing the point.  Him returning allows the other players to have the college season experience that say, a Auburn or UVa just had.  Ed is never going to play pro ball in the US neither is the 8th man at Auburn but to have a season like they just had is a lifetime if memories and a place in their souls. Markus coming back helps them acheive that, if Markus ends up a pro he ends up a pro.  Those guys prilly dont acheive that without Markus giving back. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #315 on: April 10, 2019, 10:14:59 AM »
Cant see Markus going anywhere.  And what is so wrong with returning for ones senior year to a team preranked 2-7? 
Its not like he is a lottery pick, why torpedo a potentially glorious campaign to slog thru downtrodden small cities in the G league when u can potentially participate in a senior season like any kid that has ever played college basketball dreams of?
Really seems like a no brainer to me.

Nobody has "selflessly deferred their limelight to Markus."
The best players get the most usage. That's how basketball works.
I doubt very much  Javin DeLaurier and Alex O'Connell felt they were sacrificing to give Zion more looks, or feel abandoned by him turning pro.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #316 on: April 10, 2019, 10:15:49 AM »
Missing the point.  Him returning allows the other players to have the college season experience that say, a Auburn or UVa just had.  Ed is never going to play pro ball in the US neither is the 8th man at Auburn but to have a season like they just had is a lifetime if memories and a place in their souls. Markus coming back helps them acheive that, if Markus ends up a pro he ends up a pro.  Those guys prilly dont acheive that without Markus giving back.

Why does Markus owe Ed Morrow an experience like UVa just had?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #317 on: April 10, 2019, 10:15:53 AM »

There are currently two people on Marquettes roster that may see NBA playtime. Neither is Howard.  Hell be back ( as will the two possible picks)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #318 on: April 10, 2019, 10:18:36 AM »
There are currently two people on Marquettes roster that may see NBA playtime. Neither is Howard.  Hell be back ( as will the two possible picks)
I'll take that bet (about Howard not seeing playing time in the NBA).

• All American
« Reply #319 on: April 10, 2019, 10:21:40 AM »

Howard will see NBA playtime.  No doubt in my mind.  Will he stick on a roster and build a stable career in the NBA?  That's what we don't know.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #320 on: April 10, 2019, 10:22:32 AM »

No you're missing the point. 

Nobody has "selflessly deferred their limelight to Markus."
The best players get the most usage. That's how basketball works.
I doubt very much  Javin DeLaurier and Alex O'Connell felt they were sacrificing to give Zion more looks, or feel abandoned by him turning pro.

Yep.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #321 on: April 10, 2019, 10:22:39 AM »
I'll take that bet (about Howard not seeing playing time in the NBA).

What we betting   8-)

I dont see any room on am NBA roster for a 5'9 shooting guard with bad pass vision and worse defense.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #322 on: April 10, 2019, 10:28:02 AM »
What we betting   8-)

I dont see any room on am NBA roster for a 5'9 shooting guard with bad pass vision and worse defense.

12 pack of my choice, delivered to my front door (since I'm winning).
The modern NBA is all about shooting, and Markus is an elite shooter. He'll find his way onto an NBA roster at some point, even if only as a situational player.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #323 on: April 10, 2019, 10:30:39 AM »
I'd be shocked if Howard doesn't get a look in the NBA. He may not stick, but his shooting/scoring ability is almost unmatched. Someone will take their chances on him to be a spark plug of a 2nd unit.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #324 on: April 10, 2019, 10:33:55 AM »
https://www.nbadraft.net/2020mock_draft

keep in mind this is for next year's draft
so from this, the Bucks will have the best record in the NBA next year as well

feedback