[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lachance puts up 26 on Purdue  (Read 4289 times)

Freeport Warrior

• All American
Lachance puts up 26 on Purdue
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »
Watched Riley LaChance his whole high school career and never saw this coming. Looked absolutely amazing tonight. Hindsight 20/20, but he looks so much more of a complete player than Carlino. He is known as a long-range bomber, but his midrange game is unbelievable. I just thought it would never translate from high school to high D1 like this.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Lachance puts up 26 on Purdue
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 10:45:13 PM »
It's Eminem:

His eyebrow game is on point.
SS Marquette

brandx

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »
Watched Riley LaChance his whole high school career and never saw this coming. Looked absolutely amazing tonight. Hindsight 20/20, but he looks so much more of a complete player than Carlino. He is known as a long-range bomber, but his midrange game is unbelievable. I just thought it would never translate from high school to high D1 like this.

I felt the same way, but he has been pretty good all year. I don't know how it will translate once Conference season starts. I thought he didn't have the quickness, but we'll see.

He does only have 2 steals all year while averaging over 32 minutes a game. And averaging less than 2 FT attempts per game which probably speaks to that lack of quickness. But I'd imagine Vandy is overjoyed with the way he has played so far.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 09:04:42 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how he progresses, but he did look pretty good last night.  Loose handle at times, but certainly not afraid to take a shot.  Hit one from pretty much the same spot as Novak's near half court 3 against UConn. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 09:08:45 AM »
Since he values shooting more, and quickness less, that Buzz seemed to, I wonder if Wojo would have looked at him.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 08:28:40 PM »
Since he values shooting more, and quickness less, that Buzz seemed to, I wonder if Wojo would have looked at him.
This interview lists the other schools he had offers from.

http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082214aab.html

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 06:09:24 PM »
Should ALMOST EVERY D-1 quality child of a Marquette athlete alum get the automatic offer? How about a sniff?

SS Marquette

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »
Should ALMOST EVERY D-1 quality child of a Marquette athlete alum get the automatic offer? How about a sniff?
He did get a sniff from Buzz, but it was only fleeting. His dream school was Marquette, just didn't pan out.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »

I think they should get an honest hearing at a minimum. It is in the schools interest to do so. Obviously it can be a delicate situation. School should have some flexibility to offer some kind of partial academic scholarship if they don't want to use an athletic.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 07:05:20 PM »
I think that he got an "honest hearing."  Buzz did look at him...even in person.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »
I'm told there was an offer by Buzz with a very, very limited time window. Family wanted minimal time to weigh options, and it was not given. Window immediately closed. Vandy, Creighton and others made Riley a priority and invested a ton of time in recruiting him over many, many months. Buzz came in at the last hour with a take it or leave it - I need an answer by the end of the day kind of thing. LaChance made the right read and ended up in a great situation. It also helped that Stallings kicked two or three main guards off the team in the last year.

feedback