Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We need to start over  (Read 9288 times)

Johnny B

• All American
Re: We need to start over
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2021, 04:14:23 PM »
First and foremost, I'd back up a Brinks truck to Nate Oats' house and offer him whatever he wanted. Since that likely won't happen I'd inquire with Matta. Maybe his health problems go away like Urban Meyer's magically did.

But, if either rebuff us (likely) then my top choices would be DeVries at Drake, Medved at Colorado State, TJO, and Kelsey at Winthrop. Jacobson at Northern Iowa may be worth a look too (struggling this year but is coming off a 25 win season and has a demonstrated record of tourney success). His buyout is pretty large, however.
what could they even offer him that bama cant? can they even match his pay? oats is pie
in the sky

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2021, 04:33:50 PM »
what could they even offer him that bama cant? can they even match his pay? oats is pie
in the sky

Bama basketball doesn't get the same amount of money as Bama football.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2021, 05:03:52 PM »
Bama basketball doesn't get the same amount of money as Bama football.

I’d still imagine he’s paid more than Wojo. Then you have to pay Wojo’s and Oats’s buyout.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2021, 05:11:49 PM »
Oats' total pay is considered to be anywhere from $2.5 to $3 Million. (Avery Johnson made more than that)

Coleman Coliseum is undergoing a $115 Million renovation.

While no, Alabama basketball doesn't get the same amount of money as Alabama football, they aren't exactly passing the hat around for loose change either.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:14:56 PM by shoothoops »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2021, 05:30:13 PM »
Oats' total pay is considered to be anywhere from $2.5 to $3 Million. (Avery Johnson made more than that)

Coleman Coliseum is undergoing a $115 Million renovation.

While no, Alabama basketball doesn't get the same amount of money as Alabama football, they aren't exactly passing the hat around for loose change either.
Also a huge built in recruiting advantage when Football returns post covid. Kids love being entertained at those games.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2021, 05:48:30 PM »
Anyone who thinks the perceptions voiced on this board is just those of negative Marquette fans should watch this:
https://twitter.com/TheFieldOf68/sta...519886339?s=20

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2021, 07:47:06 PM »
in the sky

Our beautiful weather.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2021, 08:07:30 PM »
Would Tad Boyle be on the list?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2021, 09:30:29 PM »
in the sky

Agree Oats will be very difficult to get. Unless he really wants to come back home to Wisconsin.  And while he has strong WI roots, they’re not in Milwaukee metro area.  So maybe we wouldn’t have any “home field” advantage in luring him away.

Plus, if he keeps Alabama going like they’re off to this year, he’s going to have his pick of higher profile and paying jobs than we can offer him. 

No harm in trying though.  He’d be a home run hire.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2021, 10:12:05 PM »
Would Tad Boyle be on the list?

Boyle is from Colorado and has repeatedly said it is his dream job.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2021, 06:40:44 AM »
Agree Oats will be very difficult to get. Unless he really wants to come back home to Wisconsin.  And while he has strong WI roots, they’re not in Milwaukee metro area.  So maybe we wouldn’t have any “home field” advantage in luring him away.

Plus, if he keeps Alabama going like they’re off to this year, he’s going to have his pick of higher profile and paying jobs than we can offer him. 

It's 48 miles from Milwaukee to Watertown.  Just sayin'.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2021, 06:58:17 AM »

I know someone here in Detroit that is still close to Oats and he says Nate is very happy at Bama. He’s by far my number 1 choice but I’d be shocked if he came. He’s making 3.2 mill so I’m guessing we’d have to offer 3.6-4 and I don’t see our admin doing that. They should, but they won’t
Bring back FFP!!!

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2021, 07:10:51 AM »
What would Hank and Majerus recommend?  I think they'd suggest moving on, and they'd like Moser.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2021, 08:33:19 AM »
What would Hank and Majerus recommend?  I think they'd suggest moving on, and they'd like Moser.

You been talking with Lazar, aina?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2021, 08:34:08 AM »
You been talking with Lazar, aina?

Hahaha nice
Maigh Eo for Sam

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2021, 01:57:45 PM »
Georgetown and DePaul might beg to differ on that one. Getting clocked by Villanova has happened to a lot of teams.
Oh boy. A new excuse!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2021, 02:02:34 PM »
I’m tired already of the growing narrative here that it all fell apart for Wojo when the Hausers left.  No, that was a symptom of the overall problem that Wojo is in over his head at this level. 

Before their departure, we lost 4 in a row to choke away a conference title, 6 of 7 overall, and were run out of the gym by a mid major in the tournament. A mid major who themselves didn’t proceed to any run, but got blasted the next game by a legitimate high major coach. The April 2019 preseason ranking meant nothing, to think they would have come close to living up to such a lofty ranking under Wojo is beyond silly.

Wojo has been in over his head from day 1. Maybe it took the Hausers for people to wake up to that cold reality, but it was not the tipping point where everything was just rolling along just fine for this program and then collapsed. All it did was speed up the overall downfall of this failure of a coach.
Nah. Not many realized that Wojo fooked up the Hauser fiasco, and there were some that said fook them they did not want to be here anyway. That notwithstanding 2 straight years of collapsing down the stretch. The Wojo worshippers continued to slurp his kool aid. It now appears that there are a few less Wojo worshippers.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2021, 06:11:32 PM »
Our women's program is lightyears ahead of our men's program right now.  This year will be five NCAA appearances in a row (if you include 2020) and thats through a coaching change.

Maybe we could hire the women's coach for the men's team. They seem to do a good job over there.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2021, 06:53:08 PM »
Maybe we could hire the women's coach for the men's team. They seem to do a good job over there.

I'd replace Wojo with Duffy in a heartbeat.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback