Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler M*A*S*H  (Read 9585 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: Butler M*A*S*H
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2021, 06:46:35 PM »
Koby with EIGHT turnovers - he wasn't far from a double double.

Late in the game, following a TO, should there not have been a travelling call on MU taking it OOB?

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2021, 06:48:04 PM »
Is Greg hurt? Honest question...

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2021, 06:53:49 PM »
Koby with EIGHT turnovers - he wasn't far from a double double.

Late in the game, following a TO, should there not have been a travelling call on MU taking it OOB?

No, because it was after a made basket. Simpkins misspoke.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2021, 06:59:04 PM »
Need to clean house and start instilling a culture in the program. This team looks to have mailed it in again.

I don't see that they "mailed it in." They seemed to be playing hard throughout, but the repeated mistakes that would frustrate you as a frosh-soph level high school coach are just beyond belief. Many are due to lack of skills, others poor decision making or coaching like repeatedly inbounding into a trap against the press or initiating offense way too late. Any team that doesn't apply constant pressure against MU is crazy.

Also, I love Theo but selling out for every block as a senior is also a head scratcher. Too many of those with this team. It's frustrating because it is a likable group of guys but really not a quality team at this point.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2021, 07:03:03 PM »
Just after the game ended, I said to my wife, “ugh, even a win is so unenjoyable.”

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2021, 07:04:29 PM »
Just after the game ended, I said to my wife, “ugh, even a win is so unenjoyable.”

Eh, that one was stressful.  But why not enjoy?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2021, 07:10:25 PM »
The team in unable to hold up under the slightest bit of defensive pressure. And after seeing full court pressure is the last how many? games, they still can't come up with a better in-bounds than throw it directly into the corner double team trap.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2021, 07:12:18 PM »
The sad truth is we have a team with talent but are a really bad basketball team right now.

I don't know that we have much talent. Garcia is very talented. Carton has his days. Beyond that? Not sure.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2021, 07:17:49 PM »
Glad we finally won a game, even if it was over a lousy team. Time to present Wojo-Dukiet with a 10 year extension.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2021, 07:27:03 PM »
Why does Koby McEwen insist on throwing his arms up consistently after what he deems a missed foul call by the refs that's never actually a foul? Put your f**king arms down and get back on defense.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 07:29:10 PM by cheese ball chaser »

mug644

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 07:28:49 PM »

I guess because I have hopes, and low as they are, it is unsatisfying when they are barely met.

At the same time, I was in school during the Dukiet years, and never missed a game. I’m not going to stop watching or paying attention now, but I just wish it was more...enjoyable.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 07:32:57 PM »
I’m not going to stop watching or paying attention now, but I just wish it was more...enjoyable.

Fair.  I'd just amend that I wish the wins were more convincing.  But it starts with wins!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 07:44:02 PM »
Need to clean house and start instilling a culture in the program. This team looks to have mailed it in again.

See, this is what's uncalled for.

There are a zillion things to rail about after this game -- which, BTW, we won -- but how did our players "mail it in"? They worked hard, they challenged shots, they went to the floor, and until the very last run they had answered every Butler run with a run of their own.

I mean, OK, we aren't well-coached, we make a lot of boneheaded plays, we take some dopey fouls, we gagged from the FT line, etc etc etc ... but don't impugn the players' integrity by suggesting they quit.

It's not accurate and it's simply mean-spirited. These guys work hard to entertain your arse.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 07:51:56 PM »
Differant outcome if Bulldogs had made their freethrows

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 07:54:43 PM »

Uh OK ... but if we had made our FTs when they were fouling us on every possession in the last minute and a half, we win going away.

Silly.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2021, 07:58:00 PM »
More definitive outcome if Koby isn't jacked up on Redbull with Monster chasers.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2021, 08:04:19 PM »
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401269635

42 minutes from Dexter, Osa, and Symir.     If I was given that stat and knew nothing else, I would assume that the game was either a blowout or ridiculously sloppy.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

panda

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2021, 08:06:57 PM »
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401269635

42 minutes from Dexter, Osa, and Symir.     If I was given that stat and knew nothing else, I would assume that the game was either a blowout or ridiculously sloppy.

It was a blowout and ridiculously sloppy?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2021, 08:08:12 PM »

Any landing you can walk away from, eh?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2021, 08:09:55 PM »

Probably should have been a blowout, but ended up sloppy because of foul trouble?

Actually, Dex and Symir were getting more run than I thought they would have.  Maybe there was a message today.  Osa was clearly in because of foul trouble.  Thankful for those minutes, even if some may have been ugly.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2021, 08:10:00 PM »
In my best Forrest Gump voice, "We are not a smart team."

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2021, 08:10:13 PM »
#11. Excellent FT defense.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2021, 09:02:51 PM »
Why does Koby McEwen insist on throwing his arms up consistently after what he deems a missed foul call by the refs that's never actually a foul? Put your f**king arms down and get back on defense.

On another occasion, he made a nice layup, and went OOB. He walked back onto the court and was so busy celebrating with his arms up he didn't even notice the pass from the inbounder, which was available to him for the taking.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2021, 09:12:37 PM »
On another occasion, he made a nice layup, and went OOB. He walked back onto the court and was so busy celebrating with his arms up he didn't even notice the pass from the inbounder, which was available to him for the taking.

If only he could score as many points as DJ, then he'd be OK. whoops...

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2021, 10:18:48 PM »
See, this is what's uncalled for.

There are a zillion things to rail about after this game -- which, BTW, we won -- but how did our players "mail it in"? They worked hard, they challenged shots, they went to the floor, and until the very last run they had answered every Butler run with a run of their own.

I mean, OK, we aren't well-coached, we make a lot of boneheaded plays, we take some dopey fouls, we gagged from the FT line, etc etc etc ... but don't impugn the players' integrity by suggesting they quit.

It's not accurate and it's simply mean-spirited. These guys work hard to entertain your arse.

Agreed.  Did not see them mailing it in at all.

feedback