[Today at 08:37:20 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Season Ticket Holder Practice  (Read 4817 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Season Ticket Holder Practice
« on: October 26, 2019, 08:27:06 AM »
Few thoughts from last night:

—Symir is so smooth and will be an outstanding player for us and n the future.
—Koby can run the O, shot seems a bit funky, great D.
—Dexter is built like a Mack truck and was shooting a lot of 3s....missing most. String drives, passes before finishing.
—Jamal still seems to be struggling with catching the pass and ball handling. Has some nice steals though.
—Greg looks great, a little slow. Nailed several 3s and had steals. He could be the difference maker on this years team.
—looks like Off will run through/come from Markus, Brendan and Sacar.
—Jayce was dominant on the off glass. Huge addition. FTs were brutal. Hack-a-Jayce may be a real thing.
—Wojo was all over Theo for moving picks, positioning all night....never let up. Yelled at him from start to finish.
—seemed as though entire practice/drills were focused on D.
—after being tired, shot FTs!
***Believe it or not, Wojo had to tell Markus to shoot the ball when he’s open (as he passed the ball on a wide open shot).
—Ed was crafty as always around the hoop. More of the same but we may see that 12-15’ elbow jumper.
—had refs there and Ed, Theo and Jayce would all have been in foul trouble
—Brendan more confident, stronger, shooting that corner 3.
—Tommy the walk-on can play. Best walk-on I have seen at MU. Could have played at low major.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Season Ticket Holder Practice
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 08:35:24 AM »

—Dexter is built like a Mack truck and was shooting a lot of 3s....missing most. String drives, passes before finishing.
—Jamal still seems to be struggling with catching the pass and ball handling. Has some nice steals though.
—Greg looks great, a little slow. Nailed several 3s and had steals. He could be the difference maker on this years team.
—Jayce was dominant on the off glass. Huge addition. FTs were brutal. Hack-a-Jayce may be a real thing.
—Wojo was all over Theo for moving picks, positioning all night....never let up. Yelled at him from start to finish.
***Believe it or not, Wojo had to tell Markus to shoot the ball when he’s open (as he passed the ball on a wide open shot).
—Ed was crafty as always around the hoop. More of the same but we may see that 12-15’ elbow jumper.
—Tommy the walk-on can play. Best walk-on I have seen at MU. Could have played at low major.

Thanks for the report.  Adding Jayce is nice for 15 fouls available from the bigs.  Disappointed to hear the offensive side of Jamal
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 08:40:25 AM »
Great recap.

The upside of Hack-A-Jayce is the attrition of the opponents.  Few, if any, teams have our depth at the 4/5.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 09:30:05 AM »
Great point.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 10:09:53 AM »

Excellent recap.  Covered all of the major points.

A couple of things I would add:

- Kendall Brown, class of 2021 recruit, was in the house.
- Where was everyone?  I would estimate that there were maybe 300 people there.  Surprisingly light turnout.

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 10:32:33 AM »

- Where was everyone?  I would estimate that there were maybe 300 people there.  Surprisingly light turnout.

I saw Kendall walk in and sit on the opposite end of the court. Any take on whether he seemed to be enjoying himself?

I thought there would be a bigger crowd too, but an early start on Friday night a few days before the exhibition game may have accounted for the smaller turnout. Since this was a STH practice, everyone will have an opportunity to see the team again on Tuesday.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 01:07:39 PM »

First, I believe the communication was just this week.  Second, 5:30-6:00 start is hard for fans in Chicago, Madison or even MKE.  Third, they just had the Madness practice.  Fourth, most of us already had Fish Fry plans. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 01:10:21 PM »
This practice in years past was at the Bradley Center and Fiserv Forum. Not the same feel when at the Al. Also, there has been two open practices already for the public.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 01:29:27 PM »
Ed hit about four 12 footers. Showed nice on that shot. Probably went 4/6 on shots from the 10-14 foot range.

Markus is clearly being told to be unselfish. He shot the ball maybe 3 times all practice in 35 minutes of action. And as others noticed, Wojo had to get on him for passing up a shot with nobody within 10 feet of him.

Bailey looks better off the dribble this year.

Koby is capable of having really good handles. Is still a little loose with it at times.

Greg was on fire. I may have miscounted by one but I believe he went 8/10 from deep. Most of them from the corner. A couple above the break.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 01:31:39 PM »
Ed hit about four 12 footers. Showed nice on that shot. Probably went 4/6 on shots from the 10-14 foot range.

Markus is clearly being told to be unselfish. He shot the ball maybe 3 times all practice in 35 minutes of action. And as others noticed, Wojo had to get on him for passing up a shot with nobody within 10 feet of him.

Bailey looks better off the dribble this year.

Koby is capable of having really good handles. Is still a little loose with it at times.

Greg was on fire. I may have miscounted by one but I believe he went 8/10 from deep. Most of them from the corner. A couple above the break.

If Bailey, Ed, and Greg provide consistent offense we’re going to be really good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 02:52:44 PM »
If markus is barely shooting and passing up open shots that's a big problem. Assuming it's just a practice thing

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2019, 02:58:35 PM »
If markus is barely shooting and passing up open shots that's a big problem. Assuming it's just a practice thing

It will be ok........he knows the deal......give your teammates confidence......make the right play......when the lights come on he won't be passing up open shots or he will hear it from his teammates too.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »
Also, there has been two open practices already for the public.

Not really.  Madness was only for students, and last night was only for season seat holders.  So only one practice that was open to the public.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2019, 05:20:41 PM »
Not really.  Madness was only for students, and last night was only for season seat holders.  So only one practice that was open to the public.

The morning after Student Madness there was an open practice open for all as well. I believe there was also another one too earlier in October for a select donors.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2019, 05:38:57 PM »
August 3 (open to the public) Big crowd at Al.
October 5 (open to the public)
October 25 (STH could invite friends)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:42:14 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 09:36:35 AM »
Thank you for all the excellent research reports. With the short notice, I had other plans and couldn't make it on Friday night.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 04:24:29 PM »

Oboy, better change my Markus scoring prediction...2nd Half of the first Villanova game.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 06:07:04 PM »

Resting his arms so he doesn't tire down the stretch.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2019, 06:26:48 PM »
Resting his arms so he doesn't tire down the stretch.

Go Marquette.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 07:03:43 PM »
Go Marquette.

Go Marquette indeed!!!

And have a sense of humor.

feedback