[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: IDF targets and kills food aid workers  (Read 10048 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: IDF targets and kills food aid workers
« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2024, 10:50:33 AM »
You advising anyone else to spend less time online is Larkin to Jeffrey Epstein advising someone to spend less time with under aged women.

Ah. You don't understand what being "too online" means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremely_online

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #376 on: May 02, 2024, 11:14:32 AM »
Where does da Buffoon's schtick play well, hey?

The guy who blew 45 out of the water four years ago?  A lot of places apparently.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #377 on: May 02, 2024, 11:40:51 AM »
Yep. DeSantis' base is old people who see him as a bulwark against the social, cultural and demographic change that frightens them. He polled way better amongst the 55 and up crowd than younger voters who aren't afraid of books and gay cartoon characters.

Like Walker, he was a disaster nationally.  Once exposed to people outside their comfort zone, they’re awkward and unlikable.

Think back to when Desanctimonius announced.  Large favorite over 45.  Announced on Twitter which was a mess and got little to no traction across other media outlets, because, well Twitter is for online people.  Ran on the woke agenda.  Got called pudding fingers and it was over before it started.

This isn’t Nixon.  He isn’t coming back in 2028 re-polished and rehabbed.  They’ll be some new flavor of the day and if 45 is elected, he has zero chance of getting his endorsement in ‘28.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #378 on: May 02, 2024, 11:51:58 AM »
Where does da Buffoon's schtick play well, hey?

It played well with millions and millions more Americans in 2020 than Dementia Don's deceitful, deranged schtick did.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #379 on: May 02, 2024, 11:54:10 AM »
Like Walker, he was a disaster nationally.  Once exposed to people outside their comfort zone, they’re awkward and unlikable.

Think back to when Desanctimonius announced.  Large favorite over 45.  Announced on Twitter which was a mess and got little to no traction across other media outlets, because, well Twitter is for online people.  Ran on the woke agenda.  Got called pudding fingers and it was over before it started.

This isn’t Nixon.  He isn’t coming back in 2028 re-polished and rehabbed.  They’ll be some new flavor of the day and if 45 is elected, he has zero chance of getting his endorsement in ‘28.

The entire theme of running against Disney was insanely dumb.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #380 on: May 02, 2024, 12:16:36 PM »
All of this is merely practice for the main event ...

I am glad to see the Democrat Party, the party of the people, will need 7,500 soldiers again on the streets of Chicago to protect them from their constituents.

----

Growing campus unrest sparks Democratic fears over Chicago convention
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4624805-growing-campus-unrest-sparks-democratic-fears-over-chicago-convention/

Protest organizers expect as many as 30,000 people to show up in Chicago to demonstrate against Israel’s military action in Gaza, almost triple the number of protesters who gathered in Grant Park in August 1968.

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker said Chicago will be prepared for the protests, but that’s not much comfort to Democrats who remember Chicago Mayor Richard J. Daley vowing to keep the peace by deploying 12,000 police, 5,000 National Guardsmen and 7,500 regular army troops.

Ah, August 1968.  A transformational time at our house. My parents and aunts and uncles were all life-long, dyed in the wool Democrats. None of them would have voted for a Republican at gunpoint.

But 4 nights of riveting television in late August 1968 changed all of that. For good. And certainly for the better.

Although only in 8th grade, I was allowed to stay up and watch late into the night, because to do so was "democracy in action" and a "learning experience".
Indeed. I learned that a nightstick up aside the skull changed one's outlook about throwing a rock through a window or a brick at a cop. I learned to watch what a politician does, not what he says.

Here's hoping the 2024 convention will provide a similar TV experience for Independents and low-information Dems (but I repeat myself).

reinko

• All American
« Reply #381 on: May 02, 2024, 12:19:06 PM »
Ah, August 1968.  A transformational time at our house. My parents and aunts and uncles were all life-long, dyed in the wool Democrats. None of them would have voted for a Republican at gunpoint.

But 4 nights of riveting television in late August 1968 changed all of that. For good. And certainly for the better.

Although only in 8th grade, I was allowed to stay up and watch late into the night, because to do so was "democracy in action" and a "learning experience".
Indeed. I learned that a nightstick up aside the skull changed one's outlook about throwing a rock through a window or a brick at a cop. I learned to watch what a politician does, not what he says.

Here's hoping the 2024 convention will provide a similar TV experience for Independents and low-information Dems (but I repeat myself).

You are cheering on and wishing police beating people up this summer?

• All American
« Reply #382 on: May 02, 2024, 12:21:59 PM »

Hold on.

Your political views were permanently shaped by a violent event that happened 56 years ago, and you want that event repeated for the sake of those views?

And you call other people "low information?"

reinko

• All American
« Reply #383 on: May 02, 2024, 12:23:00 PM »

Hold on.

Your political views were permanently shaped by a violent event that happened 56 years ago, and you want that event repeated for the sake of those views?

Homeboy probably cheered for cops at Kent State lol

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #384 on: May 02, 2024, 12:57:09 PM »

Hold on.

At least one person was killed and hundreds of others injured - including more than 150 cops - in the convention riots.
That's a good thing, as long as it helps your side politically.
Back the blue!
Blue Lives Matter!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #385 on: May 02, 2024, 01:01:13 PM »
At least one person was killed and hundreds of others injured - including more than 150 cops - in the convention riots.
That's a good thing, as long as it helps your side politically.
Back the blue!
Blue Lives Matter!

Weird.  That’s about the time republicans became enemies of the civil rights movement and things of that ilk.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #386 on: May 02, 2024, 01:25:40 PM »
Weird.  That’s about the time republicans became enemies of the civil rights movement and things of that ilk.

It's a weird self-own to say you permanently changed your political outlook in the 8th grade because kids not much older than you were getting beaten up for protesting the Vietnam War.
"... and from that day forward, I was determined to be on the wrong side of history for the rest of my life."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 01:49:42 PM by Pakuni »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #387 on: May 02, 2024, 01:33:44 PM »
It's a weird self-own to say you changed you permanently changed your political outlook in the 8th grade because kids not much older than you were getting beaten up for protesting the Vietnam War.
"... and from that day forward, I was determined to be on the wrong side of history for the rest of my life."

Some people still think our policy with regards to Vietnam was correct.  Heck, some people think Henry Kissinger wasn’t a war criminal.  History and learning from it, isn’t a strong point for Americans

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #388 on: May 02, 2024, 01:38:44 PM »
I mean that kinda circles back to the whole "young Jews should know their place and think like I think" mentality of some of our favorite healthcare workers here!

The UCLA protests escalated out of control when pro-Israel counter protesters stormed and attacked the encampment. There was little to no law enforcement intervention for quite some time. But the hand wringing (Warranted!) over bad actors yelling antisemitic and hateful rhetoric about Jews is very notably absent here when the shoe is on the other foot.

"Shortly before midnight, a group of about 200 pro-Israel counter-protesters arrived at UCLA’s campus and began attempting to tear down barriers surrounding the student encampment. Videos on social media show the group firing fireworks into the encampment, beating students, throwing objects, and shouting things like “second Nakba,” at the encampment — a reference to the 1948 ethnic cleansing and expulsion of Palestinians from the territory that now comprises Israel."

Say what you will about the legality and the enforcement of the breakup of the encampments, but there are a considerable number of people who are trying to instigate violence at them in the name of destroying them unchecked. We should be concerned about the instigation of violence and its selective enforcement by our increasingly militarized police.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #389 on: May 02, 2024, 01:39:29 PM »
Some people still think our policy with regards to Vietnam was correct.  Heck, some people think Henry Kissinger wasn’t a war criminal.  History and learning from it, isn’t a strong point for Americans

Say what you will about the policy but at least we won the war in the end right

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #390 on: May 02, 2024, 01:46:01 PM »
Say what you will about the policy but at least we won the war in the end right

Nah, we wasted the lives of many young Americans in a war our leaders knew we couldn’t win

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #391 on: May 02, 2024, 01:57:10 PM »
You are cheering on and wishing police beating people up this summer?

NO.

But I'm predicting with virtual certainty that there will be violence this year at the Convention in Chicago and I'm hoping television viewers take notice of who is instigating the violence and how it is or isn't being handled. That's all.

I guess I should keep in mind, though, there is no crime in Chicago.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #392 on: May 02, 2024, 02:06:17 PM »
Could you provide some info on the "hundreds" of Jewish students that have been assaulted and "dozens" who have been batterered at these protests? Where? When? By whom?
(and remember ... "hundreds" and "dozens")
And no, you cannot prosecute every person at a protest if one person or some people at the protest committed a crime. By that incredibly dumb logic, every Charlottesville Nazi should have been charged with murder.

But to be clear, if there's evidence a protester assaulted anyone, that person should be arrested, charged and prosecuted. If there's evidence that crime was motivated by hate, that person should be charged with a hate crime.

The legal definition of assault?
Assault refers to the wrong act of causing someone to reasonably fear imminent harm.

Every chant, "from the river to the sea," and calls for intifada are an assault.  Same as calls for lynchings on campus are assaults.

The legal definition of battery
is the act of intentionally touching another person, or applying force to them, in a harmful or offensive way, without their consent.

Every student who has been physically blocked from entering a campus and has a right to be on that campus has been battered.

---

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2024/05/02/remarks-by-president-biden-on-recent-events-on-college-campuses/

Dementia in Chief said this a few hours ago

So, let me be clear.  Peaceful protest in America — violent protest is not protected; peaceful protest is.  It’s against the law when violence occurs.

Destroying property is not a peaceful protest.  It’s against the law.

Vandalism, trespassing, breaking windows, shutting down campuses, forcing the cancellation of classes and graduations — none of this is a peaceful protest.

Threatening people, intimidating people, instilling fear in people is not peaceful protest.  It’s against the law.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 02:09:33 PM by Not A Serious Person »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #393 on: May 02, 2024, 02:18:51 PM »
Assault refers to the wrong act of causing someone to reasonably fear imminent harm.

Every chant, "from the river to the sea," and calls for intifada are an assault.  Same as calls for lynchings on campus are assaults.

is the act of intentionally touching another person, or applying force to them, in a harmful or offensive way, without their consent.

Every student who has been physically blocked from entering a campus and has a right to be on that campus has been battered.

---

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2024/05/02/remarks-by-president-biden-on-recent-events-on-college-campuses/

Dementia in Chief said this a few hours ago

So, let me be clear.  Peaceful protest in America — violent protest is not protected; peaceful protest is.  It’s against the law when violence occurs.

Destroying property is not a peaceful protest.  It’s against the law.

Vandalism, trespassing, breaking windows, shutting down campuses, forcing the cancellation of classes and graduations — none of this is a peaceful protest.

Threatening people, intimidating people, instilling fear in people is not peaceful protest.  It’s against the law.
In which jurisdiction do you practice law?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #394 on: May 02, 2024, 02:24:06 PM »
La-la-land

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #395 on: May 02, 2024, 02:27:30 PM »
We had a very interesting meeting yesterday with our college attorney about the guidelines around protests of any sort. (There are zero protests here so this was more a thought exercise at this point.)

Keep in mind that at a private school, we don't have to allow anything. But being an educational institution, allowing protests and demonstrations can be part of the learning process. However there is a line between saying things like "Get out of Gaza" and "From the River to the Sea."

And also, while students should not be threatened or harassed, students feeling "uncomfortable" about a protest isn't necessarily a problem. Dealing with opinions different than your own is part of the educational process. You can't become resilient by living in a bubble.

Just so you are consistent, are you okay with protestors silently praying outside an abortion clinic? And to be clear, not blocking the entrance to threatening anyone, just praying.

If patrons/employees of the abortion clinic feel uncomfortable, that is part of the educational process. You can't become resilient by living in a bubble.

And you're ok with the protestors calling the police and asking they be protected from harassment (and/or violence) so they can pray outside an abortion as long as they wish.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #396 on: May 02, 2024, 02:28:10 PM »

Go ahead and dazzle us with your law degree.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #397 on: May 02, 2024, 02:29:20 PM »
While Columbia and UCLA have made the headlines recently, how come others - such as university of Chicago or Brown - have not?

If protests are peaceful, let them go.

If anyone is committing crimes, arrest them.

It's really that simple.

Free speech is not a crime.

• All American
« Reply #398 on: May 02, 2024, 02:33:45 PM »
Just so you are consistent, are you okay with protestors silently praying outside an abortion clinic? And to be clear, not blocking the entrance to threatening anyone, just praying.

If patrons/employees of the abortion clinic feel uncomfortable, that is part of the educational process. You can't become resilient by living in a bubble.

And you're ok with the protestors calling the police and asking they be protected from harassment (and/or violence) so they can pray outside an abortion as long as they wish.

We are talking about two different things here. I am talking about an educational institution and that learning how to deal with opinions different than yours is part of what should form one's experience.

But by and large people should be allowed to peacefully assemble on public property. So if people want to peacefuly pray in front of an abortion clinic, that seems fine with me.  Why wouldn't it?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #399 on: May 02, 2024, 02:37:22 PM »

This is not correct.

This is not correct.

feedback