[Today at 04:38:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Will you get the Covid vaccine when it's available to you?

Yes
57 (75%)
Undecided
5 (6.6%)
No - I won't get one unless my job or the government requires it
14 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?  (Read 24743 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?
« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2023, 09:10:13 AM »
It is really impressive that they came so far with the coronavirus vaccine and mRNA technology. Hopefully we'll see mRNA cancer vaccines in our lifetime.

100 years ago only 23% of homes in America had electricity. How far we've come.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2023, 09:46:34 AM »
Wow. The Nobel committee is in on the scam as well. smh...

Devils advocate, even if you believe the vaccines were rushed and not properly tested before mass roll out, the research and scientific development was incredible.  I think it’s 2 different arguments.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2023, 03:34:26 PM »
Devils advocate, even if you believe the vaccines were rushed and not properly tested before mass roll out, the research and scientific development was incredible.  I think it’s 2 different arguments.

But is this really the argument of the anti-vaxxers?
I don't see many of them saying "If it continues to prove effective for a couple more years, I'm all in."

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2023, 03:59:27 PM »

This would have been an interesting argument in early 2021.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2023, 04:13:16 PM »
You know, save a few million (or more) lives and ... meh!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #230 on: October 04, 2023, 12:18:09 PM »
I don't see many of them saying "If it continues to prove effective for a couple more years, I'm all in."

There will never be enough proof for a lot of people.  They're hopeless.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #231 on: October 04, 2023, 02:21:11 PM »
There will never be enough proof for a lot of people.  They're hopeless.
The surefire way to get these imbeciles to take the vaccine is for Democrats to come out against it.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #232 on: October 04, 2023, 02:24:47 PM »
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the doom thread, or here.  Man...people are dumb...

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #233 on: October 04, 2023, 02:26:34 PM »
FYI, the Fall Booster knocked me down for a day.  First time, any of the vaccines have done that.  Just wanted to let everyone know.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #234 on: October 04, 2023, 02:27:17 PM »
I heard it was to activate the Marburg virus in us.  Just sayin'.  Check your sources, Rocky.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #235 on: October 04, 2023, 02:32:03 PM »
FYI, the Fall Booster knocked me down for a day.  First time, any of the vaccines have done that.  Just wanted to let everyone know.

Covid knocked my wife and I out for 2 weeks when we caught it a month or so ago. Sounds like a fair trade. Good to know.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #236 on: October 04, 2023, 02:34:00 PM »

Got mine last week (Pfizer).  I usually get them late morning, feel fatigued that evening, and wake up fine.  No different this time for me.

I heard it was to activate the Marburg virus in us.  Just sayin'.  Check your sources, Rocky.

I mean, I'm sure the blood coming out of my eye sockets is just a temporary thing...

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #237 on: October 04, 2023, 02:55:32 PM »

Got mine yesterday and just like every previous time and every other vaccine received, no ill effects whatsoever.  (Except that 2nd Shingles, ouch!!!)

Unless you count that I'm a Zombie now after the Emergency Test on the cell phone that just happened..................

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2023, 03:09:53 PM »
Got mine yesterday and just like every previous time and every other vaccine received, no ill effects whatsoever.  (Except that 2nd Shingles, ouch!!!)
Same. First and only time a vaccination kicked my ass.

Unless you count that I'm a Zombie now after the Emergency Test on the cell phone that just happened..................

Also same
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #239 on: October 04, 2023, 03:30:11 PM »
Did ya'll get the flu shot and covid booster at the same time?  Travis Kelce, who from what I understand is a higher up over at the CDC, said I should do that.  But is that the "I know you idiots won't come back twice so just get them both at once" kind of public health advice? Because if it makes any difference at all for immunity, I'll just get them separately.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2023, 03:32:15 PM »
Did ya'll get the flu shot and covid booster at the same time?  Travis Kelce, who from what I understand is a higher up over at the CDC, said I should do that.  But is that the "I know you idiots won't come back twice so just get them both at once" kind of public health advice? Because if it makes any difference at all for immunity, I'll just get them separately.

I did last time around.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #241 on: October 04, 2023, 03:34:13 PM »
Did ya'll get the flu shot and covid booster at the same time?  Travis Kelce, who from what I understand is a higher up over at the CDC, said I should do that. 

I did.  The whole process was Swift.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #242 on: October 04, 2023, 03:35:19 PM »
It was Taylor'ed to be so.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #243 on: October 04, 2023, 03:50:25 PM »

I got both yesterday.

Of course I'm a Zombie now after the Emergency Test on the cell phone that just happened.................

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #244 on: October 04, 2023, 04:50:35 PM »

I did them together last year.  It was fine.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #245 on: October 04, 2023, 04:56:18 PM »

I hear you, and mostly don’t disagree with you, but it depends.

Pure anti-vaxxers obviously would have no love for medical research to DEVELOP POISON

And some of the people who have made it immensely political and would let a LIB JAB into their arm probably would dismiss the research as well.

But I know at least a dozen people who didn’t get the vaccine within the 18 months or so, who later did after discussions with friends/families/GPs.  Also   Just recently spoke with a friend I’ve known since I was 18 who is actually a microbiology researcher. She didn’t get the vaccine with her husband because they felt rollout was rushed, but thought the research behind was incredible and ground breaking. But they are getting vaccinated in this most recent booster rollout

That reasonable mindset is what I was thinking of.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #246 on: October 04, 2023, 06:15:20 PM »
I hear you, and mostly don’t disagree with you, but it depends.

Pure anti-vaxxers obviously would have no love for medical research to DEVELOP POISON

And some of the people who have made it immensely political and would let a LIB JAB into their arm probably would dismiss the research as well.

But I know at least a dozen people who didn’t get the vaccine within the 18 months or so, who later did after discussions with friends/families/GPs.  Also   Just recently spoke with a friend I’ve known since I was 18 who is actually a microbiology researcher. She didn’t get the vaccine with her husband because they felt rollout was rushed, but thought the research behind was incredible and ground breaking. But they are getting vaccinated in this most recent booster rollout

That reasonable mindset is what I was thinking of.

That's fair. I'm sure there are people who had good faith (though ultimately mistaken) concerns about the vaccine.
But I think they've always been a minority among the vaccine opponents, and certainly a very tiny minority today.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #247 on: October 04, 2023, 09:06:01 PM »
Sticking with horse paste but thanks for the advice
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2023, 07:17:52 PM »

I got the flu shot and the rsv shot at the same time. Covid booster next.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #249 on: October 07, 2023, 09:05:53 PM »
Got the Covid booster today, as recommended to do by our friend who is an infectious disease doctor at the hospital where my wife used to work.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson