[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Will you get the Covid vaccine when it's available to you?

Yes
57 (75%)
Undecided
5 (6.6%)
No - I won't get one unless my job or the government requires it
14 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?  (Read 24734 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2023, 07:19:22 PM »
Please cite some examples of pharmacists and medical professionals who lost licenses for "having a debate" so we can judge for ourselves.
And what could possibly be worse than being canceled? I've been led to believe there's no greater damnation.

I have no idea whether pharmacists and medical professionals lost licenses - sounds a bit over the top. But front liners in the battle against Covid lost their jobs for making a personal choice against mandated vaccination. So did people in the military and other government service.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2023, 07:47:52 PM »
I have no idea whether pharmacists and medical professionals lost licenses - sounds a bit over the top. But front liners in the battle against Covid lost their jobs for making a personal choice against mandated vaccination. So did people in the military and other government service.

People lost their jobs for refusing to meet the terms of their employment? Members of the military were dismissed for refusing lawful orders?
Whoa. That's pretty much Marxism.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2023, 08:01:34 PM »
So much for "my vagina, my choice," aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2023, 08:19:41 PM »
People lost their jobs for refusing to meet the terms of their employment? Members of the military were dismissed for refusing lawful orders?
Whoa. That's pretty much Marxism.

Marxism? No. The mandates from the Big Guy were just plain old fashioned authoritarianism. Love the way you cloak it, though. “Lawful orders”, “terms of employment”. Wow. Just wow.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2023, 08:34:49 PM »
Marxism? No. The mandates from the Big Guy were just plain old fashioned authoritarianism. Love the way you cloak it, though. “Lawful orders”, “terms of employment”. Wow. Just wow.

There was another frequent Scooper who posted "Wow. Just wow" everytime he lacked any intelligent response (which was often).
Transformation complete.

JWags is righr. COVID broke brains.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2023, 09:24:27 PM »
There was another frequent Scooper who posted "Wow. Just wow" everytime he lacked any intelligent response (which was often).
Transformation complete.

JWags is righr. COVID broke brains.

It certainly broke yours. I never would have guessed that you would end up defending the hysteria and government overreach that came with Covid. Since all you’ve ever cared about is defending what you perceive as your team, next maybe you can tell us how well the teacher’s unions protected our most vulnerable students during the pandemic.

#BrokenBrain #Sad

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2023, 09:33:37 PM »

Do you realize that there were various vaccination requirements for the military prior to Covid? And, depending on the state, to be a licensed physician as well?

But for some reason that was never labeled “authoritarianism” before.

Weird.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2023, 10:00:58 PM »
It certainly broke yours. I never would have guessed that you would end up defending the hysteria and government overreach that came with Covid. Since all you’ve ever cared about is defending what you perceive as your team, next maybe you can tell us how well the teacher’s unions protected our most vulnerable students during the pandemic.

#BrokenBrain #Sad

I'll defend the teachers unions' COVID positions just as soon as you show me where I've endorsed the teachers unions' COVID positions.
Deal?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 10:28:51 PM by Pakuni »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2023, 10:46:53 PM »
Do you realize that there were various vaccination requirements for the military prior to Covid? And, depending on the state, to be a licensed physician as well?

But for some reason that was never labeled “authoritarianism” before.

Weird.

Name a vaccine that people in the military or in healthcare were mandated to take that was rushed to market in 9 months and didn’t do (prevent infection or transmission) what it claimed to do. It was an unnecessary move - our military is generally young and healthy, many of our frontline healthcare workers had already had contracted Covid and had better immunity than the vaccine provided.

I get that people were afraid. I’m 74 and was grateful to get the vaccine even if trials  and testing were rushed (and, it turns out, not accurate). My choice. Others (especially those not at much risk - the young and healthy) should have, in a non authoritarian society, their choice.

Weird that a freedom lover like yourself would disagree.

• All American
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2023, 04:40:09 AM »
Name a vaccine that people in the military or in healthcare were mandated to take that was rushed to market in 9 months and didn’t do (prevent infection or transmission) what it claimed to do. It was an unnecessary move - our military is generally young and healthy, many of our frontline healthcare workers had already had contracted Covid and had better immunity than the vaccine provided.

I get that people were afraid. I’m 74 and was grateful to get the vaccine even if trials  and testing were rushed (and, it turns out, not accurate). My choice. Others (especially those not at much risk - the young and healthy) should have, in a non authoritarian society, their choice.

So vaccination requirements are fine in general, but with Covid it’s “authoritarian.” 

A Chicosesque level goalpost shift.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2023, 06:00:11 AM »
Go look it up yourself so you don’t chit all over my sources. There are many out there but you won’t find them on msnbc, cnn, abc, cbs, ny times, etc etc

Making something up and then asking others to prove it for you.  Well done, once again. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2023, 06:07:27 AM »

The vaccine lowered the symptoms and kept people out of the hospital.   This entire board has been over this a thousand times. 

If our military had thousands of sick guys and they were needed for combat, they can't just call in sick, Lenny.  We send our soldiers to their death regularily, and you are worried about a vaccine that is safe and effective at reducing symptoms? 

This is such a weird hill to die on years later.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2023, 08:39:09 AM »
Y'all will never admit our response to covid
was overblown and excessive. Trump's biggest error was trottin' Fauci and Birks out each night to "guide" us thru the crisis.
He realized it too late, but by then, it didn't matter. The die was cast. Ultimately, it led to his election defeat...mission accomplished, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2023, 08:41:40 AM »
was overblown and excessive. Trump's biggest error was trottin' Fauci and Birks out each night to "guide" us thru the crisis.
He realized it too late, but by then, it didn't matter. The die was cast. Ultimately, it led to his election defeat...mission accomplished, hey?
You think that is what led to his election defeat?  Really?

• All American
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2023, 08:43:34 AM »
was overblown and excessive.

Yeah...no one will admit that.  ::)

Was the effectiveness of the vaccinations overstated? Sure.
Was masking overdone and for too long? Yep.

• All American
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2023, 08:55:00 AM »
You think that is what led to his election defeat?  Really?

Yeah. That was amusing as well.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2023, 10:18:12 AM »

"Here y'all...I may be able to save your life.
If you fit into the categories now eligible for vaccinations, and are in the area, contact:

Infinity Pharmacy
2700 S. 60 St. 53219

(414) 988-0008

Time slots are readily available. Full disclosure, I receive no compensation for referrals. This is done from the goodness of my heart and the desire to get everyone vaccinated asap, hey?"
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2023, 08:10:00 PM »

Overblown and excessive how?

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2023, 07:42:08 AM »
Overblown and excessive how?

Just off the top of my head, it was sold that we needed to vaccinate and booster children for a disease that posed essentially no threat to them, and also kept them out of school, in some cases well over a year. People were whipped up into such a frenzy that they were trying to mask babies and toddlers.

The whole mask psychosis was something else as well. The typical cloth mask provides about as much protection from a respiratory virus like Covid as a chain link fence provides at keeping mosquitos out of your yard. People went totally nanners over the masks. Now we have a couple billion of them floating around in our oceans which doesn't seem like a good tradeoff for the largely symbolic gesture of mask wearing during Covid.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2023, 07:52:10 AM »
Just off the top of my head, it was sold that we needed to vaccinate and booster children for a disease that posed essentially no threat to them, and also kept them out of school, in some cases well over a year. People were whipped up into such a frenzy that they were trying to mask babies and toddlers.

The whole mask psychosis was something else as well. The typical cloth mask provides about as much protection from a respiratory virus like Covid as a chain link fence provides at keeping mosquitos out of your yard. People went totally nanners over the masks. Now we have a couple billion of them floating around in our oceans which doesn't seem like a good tradeoff for the largely symbolic gesture of mask wearing during Covid.

Over 1800 children have died from COVID, so I would say there is a real threat.  A majority (definitely not all) school districts went back in person fully in the fall of 2020.  Masks were mandated many places, but not all places.  I disagree on the effectiveness of masks, but if your problem was that you had to wear something on your face to go anywhere you wanted, that's on you.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2023, 08:06:00 AM »
  "dr" jill biden has covid AGAIN

vaxed and vaxed and vaxed and boosted and vaxed and....
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2023, 08:22:55 AM »
  "dr" jill biden has covid AGAIN

vaxed and vaxed and vaxed and boosted and vaxed and....

She’s more of a doctor than you. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2023, 08:26:44 AM »
Carty, next time ya got a toothache, do us all a favor and call Jill, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2023, 08:28:45 AM »
Carty, next time ya got a toothache, do us all a favor and call Jill, aina?

I wouldn’t call a quack like rocket.  “Medical professional”.  Probably put leeches on my toothache
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2023, 08:30:44 AM »
Pretty sure Rocket doesn't give a chit what you think, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback