[Today at 04:38:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Will you get the Covid vaccine when it's available to you?

Yes
57 (75%)
Undecided
5 (6.6%)
No - I won't get one unless my job or the government requires it
14 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?  (Read 24743 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2023, 09:54:36 AM »
Got my 2nd COVID booster yesterday.  I have more international travel (to Asia) on deck in 2023. 

In Mexico City about 30% of people are still wearing masks in indoor public spaces. I'd expect SE Asia, that was above that in pre-pandemic times, to be over 50%.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2023, 10:57:45 AM »
In Mexico City about 30% of people are still wearing masks in indoor public spaces. I'd expect SE Asia, that was above that in pre-pandemic times, to be over 50%.

SE Asia had more than a 3rd of people wearing masks indoors pre-Covid?  Wut?

My Chinese office head, as well as about a dozen of my good industry friends, are in HK this week for a trade show.  Based on pictures Ive seen, and first hand accounts, mask wearing is around 10% if not lower.  And the majority Ive seen have actually been westerners.  The mainland Chinese who are there to buy and take meetings are far and away unmasked.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2023, 12:29:51 PM »
SE Asia had more than a 3rd of people wearing masks indoors pre-Covid?  Wut?

My Chinese office head, as well as about a dozen of my good industry friends, are in HK this week for a trade show.  Based on pictures Ive seen, and first hand accounts, mask wearing is around 10% if not lower.  And the majority Ive seen have actually been westerners.  The mainland Chinese who are there to buy and take meetings are far and away unmasked.

China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan are East Asia, not SE Asia, imo. From my travels to ASEAN countries mask wearing was pretty high. Maybe the poorer you are, the less healthcare you can afford, the more frequently you wear a mask?

Vietnam was the first place I travelled in my life that it was 50/50 wearing a mask in public. I don't know enough Vietnamese to ask why.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2023, 01:59:12 PM »
China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan are East Asia, not SE Asia, imo. From my travels to ASEAN countries mask wearing was pretty high. Maybe the poorer you are, the less healthcare you can afford, the more frequently you wear a mask?

Vietnam was the first place I travelled in my life that it was 50/50 wearing a mask in public. I don't know enough Vietnamese to ask why.

I include Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and Thailand in my perspective.  Not to mention this show attracts everyone in SE Asia within a 4-5 hour flight from HK, its just very popular with mainland Chinese due to proximity.

I'm not shading/doubting your experience, I just hear it a lot and have never found it to be true.  Airports were the highest volume places to see masks, but still never more than a handful

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2023, 10:51:03 AM »
I include Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and Thailand in my perspective.  Not to mention this show attracts everyone in SE Asia within a 4-5 hour flight from HK, its just very popular with mainland Chinese due to proximity.

I'm not shading/doubting your experience, I just hear it a lot and have never found it to be true.  Airports were the highest volume places to see masks, but still never more than a handful

Yep, agreed that those are SE Asian countries. Singapore had about 20-30% mask wearing pre-pandemic when I was there last for a friend's wedding. Thailand didn't have much mask wearing compared to Vietnam & Singapore pre-pandemic until you get into more rural areas.

I don't know what show you're talking about, but from my times visiting and my wife living over there masking is a part of the culture. I have a wild guess that some of it is keeping their face out of the sun (similar to poncho + glove wearing on 90+ degree days) because getting a tan means you're of a lower class.

Masks are distributed at work frequently at work in Singapore due to the pollution coming from Malaysia crop burning. Vietnam was the first place that I saw chain stores dedicated to selling masks & helmets (part of scooter culture, I guess?).

I don't really care that much about it. I just know that's the first place in my life I saw frequent public mask wearing and I didn't totally understand why. And I'm wondering how much that already accepted part of daily life has ramped up after the pandemic, or if it's returned to normalcy. Just curious.

Edit: Got me more curious. When we spent the most time in Singapore (over a month) was in their historically worst year for air quality. That may have impacted my anecdotal mask wearing experience there - https://www.statista.com/statistics/1076265/singapore-good-air-quality-according-to-number-of-days-in-the-year/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 11:11:44 AM by Skatastrophy »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2023, 07:58:56 AM »
Florida, at it again.

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — An analysis that was the basis of a highly criticized recommendation from Florida's surgeon general cautioning young men against getting the COVID-19 vaccine omitted information that showed catching the virus could increase the risk of a cardiac-related death much more than getting the mRNA shot, according to drafts of the analysis obtained by the Tampa Bay Times.

https://news.yahoo.com/report-florida-officials-cut-key-150016558.html

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2023, 06:44:26 AM »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2023, 09:58:06 AM »

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2023, 04:59:22 PM »
I do admire the commitment to the bit.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2023, 08:33:16 PM »
Buffoon cured cancer. Who knew, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2023, 08:34:10 PM »
I do admire the commitment to the bit.

MU_B

• Walk-On
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2023, 11:09:52 AM »
"in their paper, Yale researchers Jacob Wallace, Jason L. Schwartz and Paul Goldsmith-Pinkham cautioned the data did not include individual causes of death or whether someone had been vaccinated. The data did not look at voters who had no party affiliation and was limited to Florida and Ohio, which aren't neat comparisons to other states."

More cheering over dead people.  I do admire the commitment to the bit.
Willfully misinformed.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2023, 11:13:08 AM »
Thanks.  I own it.  Choosing death over vaccines because you believed the lies you were told.    My bit.  I am committed to it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2023, 11:58:41 AM »
How's that been workin' out for ya, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2023, 12:00:06 PM »
Spiffily.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2023, 02:44:59 PM »
Thanks.  I own it.  Choosing death over vaccines because you believed the lies you were told.    My bit.  I am committed to it.

Be nice.

MU_B

• Walk-On
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2023, 03:27:20 PM »

I think we can agree, like many issues, those on either side of this issue are never going to be flipped over a conversation on an internet message board. My problem is the continued celebration of death, and I'm not even saying you are the one doing it. 

I disagree with you, but I don't want you to die because we have opposing viewpoints/beliefs.
Willfully misinformed.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2023, 03:41:01 PM »
I don't celebrate death.   I have seen far too much of it.  I also don't fear death.  It is the fate that awaits us all.  When I see a preventable death in an adult that was due to a poor choice on their part, I don't mourn it.   I hope they didn't take others with them. 
I sympathize and empathize with those left behind.  I have heard the scream many times of a heartbroken husband/wife/mother/father/son/daughter.

I lost former coworkers, parishioners, and patients to COVID.  None of whom were vaccinated.   I mourn those who died prior to the vaccine being available more than those who refused it after it was available.  They chose their fate.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2023, 06:18:39 PM »

I think we can agree, like many issues, those on either side of this issue are never going to be flipped over a conversation on an internet message board. My problem is the continued celebration of death, and I'm not even saying you are the one doing it. 

I disagree with you, but I don't want you to die because we have opposing viewpoints/beliefs.

Nope, get rekt antivaxxers.  These dumbasses are bringing back diseases which we had all but eradicated from planet Earth.

May they all rot.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2023, 10:42:35 PM »

I just want you to stop encouraging death, by proposing that vaccines are harmful. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2023, 11:49:26 PM »
I don't celebrate death.   I have seen far too much of it.  I also don't fear death.  It is the fate that awaits us all.  When I see a preventable death in an adult that was due to a poor choice on their part, I don't mourn it.   I hope they didn't take others with them. 
I sympathize and empathize with those left behind.  I have heard the scream many times of a heartbroken husband/wife/mother/father/son/daughter.

I lost former coworkers, parishioners, and patients to COVID.  None of whom were vaccinated.   I mourn those who died prior to the vaccine being available more than those who refused it after it was available.  They chose their fate.

So if your Mom smoked or was obese and your Dad didn’t/wasn’t you wouldn’t mourn your Mom as much because she “chose her fate”? A hell of a lot of death can be attributed to people’s poor choices. Are you dismissive of all of them?

The vast majority of the people who died from Covid had co- morbidities, many circumstantial but also many a result of their own poor choices. Given the way you feel about people who make poor choices, why mourn any of them?

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2023, 12:04:17 AM »
“There are many other reasons for death so we shouldn’t put any emphasis on the cause that was far easier to prevent than others because that would be unfair to all those who have ever died from something else”

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2023, 12:05:59 AM »
It isn’t fair to those who died of regular old strokes or heart failure!