collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 13793 times)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »
Guilty pleasure: Shameless (on Showtime). Often stupid, and usually foul for the sake of being foul ... but just as often extremely funny. Only Curb Your Enthusiasm has had as many laugh-out-loud moments during the two years Shameless has been on. William H. Macy is too funny.

you might want to watch the original UK episodes of Shameless, created by the producer of the Showtime version although the plot lines will be very similiar it now has 9 seasons of shows in the can

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:18:38 AM by Red Stripe »

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
Since this is the defacto "TV" thread, I wanted to put in a recommendation for Season Two of the new "Sherlock" TV series.  It's on PBS and is only running three episodes, but each episode goes just under 1.5 hours, so they're more like mini-movies.  Way better than the Guy Ritchie movies.

Season One was really good.  Season Two is better (so far).
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »
Since this is the defacto "TV" thread, I wanted to put in a recommendation for Season Two of the new "Sherlock" TV series.  It's on PBS and is only running three episodes, but each episode goes just under 1.5 hours, so they're more like mini-movies.  Way better than the Guy Ritchie movies.

Season One was really good.  Season Two is better (so far).

+1.

Cumberbatch is excellent in the title role.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
Best show i have ever seen. You can watch season 4 online in HD.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »
Bump

Just checked on time warner and the first 3 episodes of Season 4 are now "OnDemand" channel 1402 for Breaking Bad for those of you like me who haven't seen Season 4.  I am guessing they will release a couple episodes per week leading up to the season 5 premier in mid July.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 10:18:37 AM »
Season 4 is out on DVD today.  I wonder when it will be on Netflix?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 08:52:52 PM »
Count me as one that thinks this is not only the best show in TV but possibly one of the best television series ever.

The season five poster was just released (below) ... and I'm psyched for this season to begin.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:57:31 PM by AnotherMU84 »

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 08:39:34 AM »
Just started watching "the Boss" via On Demand.  Without spoiling it for me, how has this been received?  Multiple seasons on the horizon (one 1 so far, right?)?  As my wife and I joke as favorite shows end or go on hiatus, I'm not sure I want another relationship.  But if it's the right one... 

Only a month left until BB, thankfully.  Maybe "the Boss" will just be that dirty, alley-sex fling? 

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »
Not to get back on topic, but I just finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad:

Does anyone else feel like the story line of the plane crash seems a bit unfinished?  To me, that seems like the direction new episodes may follow.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »

Does anyone else feel like the story line of the plane crash seems a bit unfinished?  To me, that seems like the direction new episodes may follow.

I thought that too, but then realized it was probably an easy plot line. Then I realized how many unfinished bits were left when the Sopranos ended.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »
Season 5 opener was great fun.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 10:54:47 AM »
I think what makes the show so great for me is the transformation of Walter White from season 1 where he was a depressed, vastly underachieving high school chemistry teacher with what he thought was terminal lung cancer into what we see in the first episode of season 5...He has truly broke bad. Vince Gilligan set out to make the protagonist into the antagonist and it's turned into one of the best shows of all time. Walter White has literally no redeeming qualities left, while Jesse has turned into sort of a calming influence. It's just a very well written show. 

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »
btw - get caught up on the first four seasons in this 10 minute video

"With SCIENCE!"

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/07/all-you-need-to-know-about-breaking-bad-in-10-minutes/
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2012, 08:42:52 AM »
Anyone else feel like the opener was a little predictable? The "Walt becomes more evil each season" thing is so linear it's almost boring me by now. Will they announce seasons 6 and 7, which end with Walt working with Al Qaeda to blow up Congress?

(That said, I went out and bought Season 3 on DVD last night...)

smrunner99

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2012, 09:19:05 AM »
This is the last season.  It has been highly publicized that it would be the last season but split into two sessions. 

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2012, 09:21:21 AM »
It was a rhetorical question . . .

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2012, 09:46:01 AM »
The whole "last season" split into two sessions thing is just idiotic to me.  Just call it two seasons, you aren't showing them in the same year, which to me indicates a different" season.

Stepping down off soapbox now.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2012, 01:51:40 PM »
I'm still having semi-nightmares of the final nursing home scene after finishing up season 4 of Breaking Bad last Monday. This show is so fantastic but my God, it's so graphic sometimes it's almost unwatchable. The U-Lok scene from season 1 is a great example (as is the acid in the tub breaking through the ceiling and splashing all over the hallway).

Ugh, it's so disgustingly fantastic!

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2012, 04:46:55 PM »
Characters in this show are so well and so deeply written.  Lydia is in only two scenes and a vastly different character in each.  But its not so much of a stretch or change.  Last night was the real season premier.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2012, 10:11:41 PM »
Anyone else feel like the opener was a little predictable? The "Walt becomes more evil each season" thing is so linear it's almost boring me by now.

I find nothing at all boring about it. Still one of the very best shows since the dawn of AMC/FX/HBO/SHOW/TNT/etc original series. To each his or her own.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CroquetJAH

• Walk-On
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »

Better call Saul
http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2013, 12:18:21 PM »

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2013, 07:08:49 PM »
When 24 comes back its going to top all the tv show ratings. Again!!

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2013, 09:43:35 AM »
I LOVE The Walking Dead haven't gotten into watching Breaking Bad yet but if you havent watched The Walking Dead it is amazing.
'

The Walking Dead is super entertaining, but the acting and storytelling is pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, I like it and enjoy it, but it is nowhere near Breaking Bad. The farm episodes were terrible.

Mad Men is far and away the best show on television. Breaking Bad is a close 2nd. Dexter is good but the last season really fell off. Game of Thrones and Homeland probably rounds out the top 5.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:46:46 AM by Victor McCormick »

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2013, 10:34:16 AM »
'

The Walking Dead is super entertaining, but the acting and storytelling is pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, I like it and enjoy it, but it is nowhere near Breaking Bad. The farm episodes were terrible.

Mad Men is far and away the best show on television. Breaking Bad is a close 2nd. Dexter is good but the last season really fell off. Game of Thrones and Homeland probably rounds out the top 5.

Good start to the list with Mad Men & Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones is fantastic but Dexter hasn't but that great since Trinity and Homeland really jumped to coo-voo-ville last year (IMHO). I personally would put The Americans and Boardwalk Empire on the list over Dexter and Homeland.

One thing is for sure, this is truly a golden age for TV with movies being in the sheeeter.
But I like to throw handfuls...

feedback