collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Dwyane Wade - ESPN's Homecoming  (Read 22119 times)

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
Dwyane Wade - ESPN's Homecoming
« on: October 09, 2009, 02:54:31 PM »
Ok, I am no Crean hater, I think he did a lot of great things for the University and the basketball program.  The line he gives in this little clip is absolutely pathetic though...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4497808
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 03:44:56 PM by Strokin 3s »

🏀

• All American
Re: Dwyane Wade - ESPN's Homecoming
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
That clip further proves my point that Tom Crean loves to eat s h i t.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 03:12:54 PM »
Wow, can't believe Wade let Crean say that. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 03:19:18 PM »
The video isn't starting for me.  Anyone care to post what he said?

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Wow
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 03:21:35 PM »
Talk about an inappropriate comment.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »
Forget it AH. You've heard the same old bs dozens of times before.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
"he would have crawled across burning sand on his hands and knees, to get to a place like Indiana back in the day"

wow what a dbag

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 03:25:09 PM »
Didn't Marquette with Wade beat Indiana in the Great Alaskan Shootout???

You think Crean would know this since he hung the banner.

STFU Tommy.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 04:00:26 PM »
I can't believe he said that. What an ass.

All the more reason I hope he crashes and burns at IU.

goldeneagles09

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 04:36:59 PM »
How does that have anything to do with a "homecoming" of Dwyane Wade? Show Crean as much as you want, he was Wade's coach. ESPN could have used anything else talking about how far he has come, but really? Crawling to Indiana? BS indeed.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 04:37:59 PM »
what an absolute tool...
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »
Anyone up for scheduling a series with Indiana? We really need a chance to just pummel them.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 05:23:36 PM »
TC usually limits himself to "coach speak" and gives the impression that he's a tool. Every once in a blue moon he actually says what he really feels and confirms it.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 06:42:34 PM »
Wow, douche and bag.
I didn't really care what happened to Tan Tommy, but with cr*p like that, I do hope he crashes and burns.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 10:44:57 PM »
I wonder if CoachTomCrean has tweeted about the Homecoming episode on ESPN. ;)

What a comment. Crean's gotta be a high-class hooker imitating a coach.

He so freaking lucky Wade fell into his lap. Otherwise, he wouldn't gotten TC his Final Four ring...and the Indy job.

Wonder what the pro-creanies will say...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:49:19 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

Norm

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 11:48:53 PM »
You guys are upset with a "behind the scenes" out-take that was never part of the show that actually aired? Crean only talked about Wade's time at Marquette on the show. He talked about Wade's work ethic and then joked about his white suit that they both laughed about turning grey. If you can't tell that Crean was joking in this outtake you have lost all perspective.

Give it a rest guys. Crean is at IU. Buzz is the coach now. Don't let Crean bother you so much - life is too short.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 11:24:51 AM »
You gotta love ESPN. All I saw was one moronic 30 second self-advertisement and then some weird clip with a gasbag who looked stoned for 15 seconds. X'ed out. Can't they just show the clip without wasting my time?

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 02:01:54 PM »
You guys are upset with a "behind the scenes" out-take that was never part of the show that actually aired? Crean only talked about Wade's time at Marquette on the show. He talked about Wade's work ethic and then joked about his white suit that they both laughed about turning grey. If you can't tell that Crean was joking in this outtake you have lost all perspective.

Give it a rest guys. Crean is at IU. Buzz is the coach now. Don't let Crean bother you so much - life is too short.

Who cares whether it was actually shown on the special or ended up on the cutting room floor?

the fact is he said it, if he was joking it just shows what tool bag he is becuase...possibly Creans first attempt at humor i have ever witnessed and par for the course he underperforms.

amazing the Mu 84, 2002alum and chicos are all of a sudden strangely silent. joanie come rushing to tommys aid.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 02:58:08 PM »
Who cares whether it was actually shown on the special or ended up on the cutting room floor?

the fact is he said it, if he was joking it just shows what tool bag he is becuase...possibly Creans first attempt at humor i have ever witnessed and par for the course he underperforms.

amazing the Mu 84, 2002alum and chicos are all of a sudden strangely silent. joanie come rushing to tommys aid.

Yea, and when Buzz used a limo, you had no comment. Don't going throwing rocks, partner.

Listen, Crean can be pretty douchy sometimes. No doubt about it. I'll add his comment to the douche list that also includes a crappy haircut, stupid windbreakers in Hawaii and ties that are too long.

Is that enough for you?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 06:12:36 PM »
I was going to post this in the Sagarin ratings post below, but forgot about it.  Those ratings prove why I was so confused by TC's infatuation with Indiana.  Yes, they are the number 5 program of all time.  But during the last decade they are ranked ONE spot ahead of us.  Add in the fact that their facilities aren't better, their conference isn't better, they can't pay more than MU would, and they don't have an identifiable NBA star to recruit off of, and MU right now is a better job than Indiana.  And they were coming off a recruiting scandal with possible NCAA sanctions.  So why again is Indiana a better job today than Marquette?  It was a classic TC decision without much thinking behind it, and I still don't understand it.

mu72warrior

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 06:15:40 PM »
TC would have sucked the biggest A--  anywhere, anytime

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »
I wonder if CoachTomCrean has tweeted about the Homecoming episode on ESPN. ;)
Even II,II doesn't bother commenting on his tweets anymore. They have it pinned on their BB and it hasn't received a comment in ages.
Nope Tweeting Tom has jumped the shark tank.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 10:21:45 PM »
I was going to post this in the Sagarin ratings post below, but forgot about it.  Those ratings prove why I was so confused by TC's infatuation with Indiana.  Yes, they are the number 5 program of all time.  But during the last decade they are ranked ONE spot ahead of us.  Add in the fact that their facilities aren't better, their conference isn't better, they can't pay more than MU would, and they don't have an identifiable NBA star to recruit off of, and MU right now is a better job than Indiana.  And they were coming off a recruiting scandal with possible NCAA sanctions.  So why again is Indiana a better job today than Marquette?  It was a classic TC decision without much thinking behind it, and I still don't understand it.

I am a Marquette alum...but I live in Indiana.

Indiana basketball is huge.  They have resources, in terms of booster and fan support, that Marquette can only dream of.  Basically, the southern 2/3 of the state are big IU fans, and unlike most Big Ten schools, could care less about football...basketball is their sport.

It doesn't surprise me that TC would take the Indiana job at all.  They have a better base of support than MU will ever have.

And please do not misinterpret my feelings for MU or IU.  I am MU all the way...and have no use for IU basketball. 

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 01:37:01 PM »
Yea, and when Buzz used a limo, you had no comment. Don't going throwing rocks, partner.

Listen, Crean can be pretty douchy sometimes. No doubt about it. I'll add his comment to the douche list that also includes a crappy haircut, stupid windbreakers in Hawaii and ties that are too long.

Is that enough for you?

wow when have i ever called crean douche for using a limo??  never look it up.  terrible comparison there buddy.  Buzz ripping the UNO program would be the apt compariosn,  maybe i am wrong but i would never see buzz doing that.  crean has the ass in class covered, he falls short with the C and L

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 02:33:59 PM »
I grew up in Indiana as well, but did not move back after graduation.  I kind of remember Indiana being a big deal, however I did grow up closer to Chicago.  After I moved away, I figured out that nobody cares about Indiana outside of Indiana, kind of how nobody cares about Wisconsin outside of Wisconsin.  On a national scale, Indiana is nowhere near NC, Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, or Kansas.

feedback