collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sobelman's is searching for property for a Chicago location  (Read 5642 times)

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Sobelman's is searching for property for a Chicago location
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »
Based on the size of the city and the traffic involved in traveling from suburbs to city, that's just not going to happen. They are better off doing one or the other...IMO if they do the city route Lakeview, Lincoln Park, North Center, Roscoe Village, Lincoln Square area.....If they do the suburbs the Northwest burbs and North shore have a ton of alumni....so a place like Glenview, Northbrook, Buffalo Grove, etc. would be perfect.

Bleck - why only on the east side of the city? I can see Roscoe Village but the others no. I mean Lincoln Square has Bad Apple - why would you try and compete with that? Personally a Logan Square, Bucktown, Wicker Park, Ukie Village makes more sense, plus, outside of Wicker Park, you can find parking.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
Re: Sobelman's is searching for property for a Chicago location
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 11:30:27 AM »
Bleck - why only on the east North side of the city? I can see Roscoe Village but the others no. I mean Lincoln Square has Bad Apple - why would you try and compete with that? Personally a Logan Square, Bucktown, Wicker Park, Ukie Village makes more sense, plus, outside of Wicker Park, you can find parking.

Lincoln Square is a nice neighborhood, but I never get up there because it's so far North. I'm not a fan of Roscoe Village because it's a pain to get to unless I take the bus. Parking is a hassle in most areas of the city, so I think that is a wash across the board.

Regarding Wicker Park/Bucktown, there are already way too many sports bars on the Division St. Honestly, I will be surprised if The Anthem, The Boundry, Fifty/50, and now FatPour Tap can all survive. Throw in Standard Bar on Milwuakee & the addition of the new Lucky's location just north of the crotch and the area looks dense. Things look even less enticing considering Cortland's Garage in Bucktown.

Still, depending on the location I'd be just as willing if not more to watch an MU game at Sobleman's as any other MU affiliated bar in Chicago.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:01:48 PM by Blue Horseshoe »