'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Students, we need you to get it rocking tonight  (Read 2169 times)

Detfan23

• Starter
Students, we need you to get it rocking tonight
« on: February 17, 2007, 10:07:27 AM »
I have not been impressed with the student section this year.  You have had some good runs, but overall it seems down from the years past (in noise not attendance).  Please get there early tonight and lay it all out early.  We need to get the house rocking tonight.  Don't allow the blue hairs to sit on their asses.

Make the Bradley Center the tomb of the Cardinals. 

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
Re: Students, we need you to get it rocking tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 10:37:36 AM »
Thanks for the call to arms! I'm not really sure though that I understand this sentiment. Granted, I've only been a student here for four years as of this year, so maybe the Mike Deane era students had it together a bit more. The current student body bought 4100 for this year's season ... which, I don't know, seems like quite a bit ... I wonder how many BE or D1 schools have over 50% of their undergraduate enrollment purchasing basketball season tickets. (I honestly don't know, maybe it's a ton). While attendence doesn't necessarily correlate with noise, as I think you suggest, I bet it has a lot of influence.

In terms of noise, I'm not quite sure I buy the argument that it hasn't been loud recently. Again, I've only been here for four years. Didn't last year's student section contribute to making Steve Novak's buzzer beater against Notre Dame the second (or something) loudest noise heard at the Bradley Center? One moment, to be sure, but generally speaking I think the student body has its act together, at least when it counts in big games. It can be a little difficult to get roudy when Marquette's Assistant AD confiscates ridiculously benign posters making fun of an opposing team. God forbid Marcus Williams feel his trip to Milwaukee was less than cordial because a bunch of students enthusiastically discuss his regressions!

I'm sure the student body will represent tonight! Let's go Warriors!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 10:40:14 AM »
Tickets bought, and tickets used are two different things. Overall the students have been terrific, but I think turnout during the conference season has been soemwhat weak.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 11:04:05 AM »
I would agree. Its pre tty intimidating when there is a sea of gold that reaches all the way to the last row of the upper deck.  Lets hope the students have some appreciation for the MU/UL rivalry and show up in force today.  I know I do, and will be there!

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 11:06:34 AM »
 More often than not the student section has been fairly packed this year for big games. But, size is not exactly the biggest key to how good the section is...it's noise. Unless we break out early, apart from me, my 6 friends i sit w/ in front row of 224, 106 and others randomly scattered, the fans lose interest fairly quickly and need action to keep them into it. The best way to keep them involved is for it to be a fast paced game and for us to get a lot of transition dunks. I'll be there cheering my heart out and barely able to speak after the game like I always am but i can't speak for the fellow student body

mviale

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 03:26:40 PM »
Get real ugly tonight! we need a win very bad
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

feedback