[Today at 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[Today at 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[Today at 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 4everwarriors greatest hits  (Read 25553 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: 4everwarriors greatest hits
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2020, 07:46:01 AM »
Not quite. Turns out Juno had the right idea all those years ago.  When a fan forum is actively harming the team you supposedly care about...maybe it is time to shut it down.

That won't happen, so see y'all in 2030 I guess.

Ah well....
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2020, 07:59:37 AM »
Rocky

Interesting what you “got out of this thread”.

Interesting, too, what you missed.

Lots of people: 4ever is a douche. 4ever is a miserable bastard. 4ever is moronic. 4ever is pathetic. 4ever is an idiot. 4ever actively cheers for MU to lose. 4ever is a tool. Screw 4 ever. Etc., etc.

Probably just a coincidence.

Lenny,

I would guess the large majority of us on Scoop have never and will never meet 4ever in person. For those of you who have, he might be a great guy. That wouldn't surprise me, as we're all at least a little different in real life than our internet personas. Certainly more polite and less argumentative (and, for some I hope, better linguistically).

But for those of us who haven't had the good fortune, all we know of 4ever and all we can judge him by is how he chooses to present himself on Scoop. And based on that, it's not a coincidence that "lots of people" say about him the things you mention above. That's what he puts out there on Scoop. Real world 4ever is probably very different (I hope so). But Scoop 4ever is all of those things.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:13:39 AM by Pakuni »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2020, 08:30:17 AM »
Lenny,

I would guess the large majority of us on Scoop have never and will never meet 4ever in person. For those of you who have, he might be a great guy. That wouldn't surprise me, as we're all at least a little different in real life than our internet personas. Certainly more polite and less argumentative (and, for some I hope, better linguistically).

But for those of us who haven't had the good fortune, all we know of 4ever and all we can judge him by is how he chooses to present himself on Scoop. And based on that, it's not a coincidence that "lots of people" say about him the things you mention above. That's what he puts out there on Scoop. Real world 4ever is probably very different (I hope so). But Scoop 4ever is all of those things.

I was a longtime lurker and miss the 4ever from years ago.  I get that he doesn’t like Wojo or what he stands for but the constant negativity is what grates on people.  The disappointment in lost recruits or games is understandable but finding glee in it like he projects?  Eh, that’s going to rub people the wrong way.  To his credit, he gives kudos when due unlike others who only show up after defeats.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2020, 08:49:59 AM »
When you do schtick, expect to be judged by that schtick. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2020, 08:50:19 AM »
Pakuni

I think your post sums up the problem I have with Scoop. I am first, and for the most part,here to talk MU basketball with approx 50 regular posters (just guessing on the number) and I enjoy that. Over the past few years it has become far more than basketball and that has caused a real divide on here. I can only speak for me, but the only people that piss me on here is 100% related to ball conversation. All of the other stuff I chalk up to us all being different. IMO, if 4ever (for example) had a different take on the world, his MU posts might be received differently.

Again, speaking for me, but there are folks on here that I have had confrontations with or dislike their opinion and that is fine with me. A perfect example for me would be Jockey (there are others). He is roughly my age (think older by 5+ years or so), loves MU ball, knows it's history and that seems to be all we have in common. That said, I actually do like when he points our similar (at times) views on MU ball because it hits a reset to why I am here. It reminds me that Jockey is here to talk ball and everything really is meaningless on how I feel about his view. Jockey know MU ball pretty damn well and I appreciate that. I singled out Jockey, but there are a lot of posters that I have little in common with but still enjoy the ball banter with them.

To sum it up, you are right that many might be far different in person than they are behind a stupid handle on here. I try to me and people can chose how they feel about me one way or another and I am cool with that. I might be a bigger jag on real life than I am on here, but there is no one I would completely discount or dismiss or flat insult because of what they post. Sure, I have made my attacks over the years and I have tried to apologize if I went crazy over the line.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2020, 08:54:39 AM »
A summary of this thread:

Old men rush to the defense of one of their own after a perceived grievance that was actually a playful barb.

Old men do their usual song and dance of the playing the victim.  Old men don't realize they are the biggest paper tigers on the board.  They are the first to attack others, play politics, but then whine like little female dogs when some have the gall to call them out on it.

This boo hoo continues for 7 pages and nothing is solved.  The aggrieved will continue to decry their perceived pariah status and will see the boogie men of 'Rocky's crew' around every corner.  The true 'deep state' of MU Scoop.

cry me a river old men, if you can't take a little good natured ribbing, then you shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.  It's a much scarier place than this message board.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2020, 09:22:11 AM »
4Ever:

1. You openly cheer for MU’s recruiting losses, shortcomings, and failures.
2. Don’t ever, ever, ever question your love for MU basketball.

Got it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2020, 09:36:05 AM »
Lenny,

Pakuni,

I’m sure you’re right - everyone has biases, and people tend to take sides based on them. My point was how blind those biases make people. In a thread where 4ever was both attacked and supported, Rocky posted “What he took from the thread”. And what he “took” was a one sided, inaccurate summary. That was my only point.

You’re right, too, that actually knowing someone rather than having a one dimensional internet relationship can be a game changer. It’s a lot easier to judge people you don’t actually know and the internet is a perfect vehicle/platform for that bad habit most people share.

Bottom line? Free country, people can make whatever judgements they want about 4ever. You don’t have to take my word that he’s a smart, funny and thoughtful guy in “real life”. You can dismiss it as my opinion - which it is. What’s fact, though, is that he is a loyal, dedicated Marquette fan. He pokes fun at those he considers myopic kool aid drinkers, sure. And that gets under some people’s skin. Fair enough. But that he cheers against Marquette or is happy about us losing recruits is fiction. No matter how many times it’s repeated here it’s just not true. And that’s not my opinion. It’s a fact.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2020, 09:55:56 AM »
So here's what I got out of this:

rocky: 4ever, you posted some crap.  Any comments?

lots of people: rocky, how dare you pick on 4ever!  You should be better!

4ever:  I barely even watched the game.  But I'm the biggest MU supported ever, don't ever question that!

bma:  I'm back!

meat bros: YEEEAAAHHH!  4ever is our man.

So now you are the arbiter of crap. Good to know.

• All American
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2020, 09:58:00 AM »
Pakuni

I think your post sums up the problem I have with Scoop. I am first, and for the most part,here to talk MU basketball with approx 50 regular posters (just guessing on the number) and I enjoy that. Over the past few years it has become far more than basketball and that has caused a real divide on here. I can only speak for me, but the only people that piss me on here is 100% related to ball conversation. All of the other stuff I chalk up to us all being different. IMO, if 4ever (for example) had a different take on the world, his MU posts might be received differently.

Again, speaking for me, but there are folks on here that I have had confrontations with or dislike their opinion and that is fine with me. A perfect example for me would be Jockey (there are others). He is roughly my age (think older by 5+ years or so), loves MU ball, knows it's history and that seems to be all we have in common. That said, I actually do like when he points our similar (at times) views on MU ball because it hits a reset to why I am here. It reminds me that Jockey is here to talk ball and everything really is meaningless on how I feel about his view. Jockey know MU ball pretty damn well and I appreciate that. I singled out Jockey, but there are a lot of posters that I have little in common with but still enjoy the ball banter with them.

To sum it up, you are right that many might be far different in person than they are behind a stupid handle on here. I try to me and people can chose how they feel about me one way or another and I am cool with that. I might be a bigger jag on real life than I am on here, but there is no one I would completely discount or dismiss or flat insult because of what they post. Sure, I have made my attacks over the years and I have tried to apologize if I went crazy over the line.

IWB's forum rarely engages in more than MU basketball talk.  And it's about a dozen posts a day, that while very topic and informative, isn't the most dynamic place.  Which is fine if that's what you want.

But others want to engage with the community more than simply on a basketball level.  I mean, forums have grown and evolved since the internet started.  And sometimes those forums die.

In other words, just because YOU want to simply talk MU hoops, that doesn't mean others have the same goal for Scoop.  Including the mods.  Apparently there is some splinter group going to head off because they don't like it here.  Such is life.  The mods don't seem to care.  I know I don't. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2020, 09:59:35 AM »

Glad to see some people will try to argue that the sky isn't blue.

• All American
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2020, 10:15:46 AM »

Yeah I don't even know what the point of this is.  If you don't like what the mods do here, you have options. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2020, 10:43:30 AM »
As others have said multiple times...

4ever seems to get joy out of MU losses/recruiting misses/etc

I don't care what any of the rest of his worldview is.

The MU stuff is what bothers me.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2020, 10:52:57 AM »
My point was how blind those biases make people. In a thread where 4ever was both attacked and supported, Rocky posted “What he took from the thread”. And what he “took” was a one sided, inaccurate summary. That was my only point.

You are correct that there were several other posts attacking 4ever, and I do take the blame for starting a thread in which that happened.  I never actually attacked him, if you read just my posts. 

Some days I wish we could all get along.  There is a fair bit of playful arguments here (and you participate in that frequently!).   Many disagreements cross the line too - and we do a poor job moderating that.  Though while it's not an excuse, many of the arguments that cross the line is because one or multiple parties are being openly antagonistic.

At least most of us love MU and/or MU hoops, and that brings us together.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2020, 10:54:55 AM »
Not quite. Turns out Juno had the right idea all those years ago.  When a fan forum is actively harming the team you supposedly care about...maybe it is time to shut it down.

That won't happen, so see y'all in 2030 I guess.

Fair enough.  I generally understand your reasoning, though we may disagree about the harm MUScoop does to MU hoops.  I mean, at least we're not twitter! :)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2020, 11:08:26 AM »
A summary of this thread:

Old men rush to the defense of one of their own after a perceived grievance that was actually a playful barb.

Old men do their usual song and dance of the playing the victim.  Old men don't realize they are the biggest paper tigers on the board.  They are the first to attack others, play politics, but then whine like little female dogs when some have the gall to call them out on it.

This boo hoo continues for 7 pages and nothing is solved.  The aggrieved will continue to decry their perceived pariah status and will see the boogie men of 'Rocky's crew' around every corner.  The true 'deep state' of MU Scoop.

cry me a river old men, if you can't take a little good natured ribbing, then you shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.  It's a much scarier place than this message board.

As an “old” man, I have to commend you. This is truly one of the best posts I have seen on Scoop - regardless of the topic.

Besides my love for MU basketball, your post is what keeps me coming back to Scoop. I am fascinated by our different opinions on BB and on life.

Why do Goose and I look at the world so differently despite growing up at the same time? I have always worked for change and trying to make the world better for all. He seems to be a keep the status quo guy. I am as obviously liberal as he is conservative. I don’t criticize him for that at all. It doesn’t matter. (If he is a trump supporter, I will absolutely criticize his lack of morals in supporting such a man, but I don’t know if he is or not.)

But, despite the rambling, I just wanted to compliment you on your post.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2020, 11:17:36 AM »
What’s fact, though, is that he is a loyal, dedicated Marquette fan. He pokes fun at those he considers myopic kool aid drinkers, sure. And that gets under some people’s skin. Fair enough. But that he cheers against Marquette or is happy about us losing recruits is fiction. No matter how many times it’s repeated here it’s just not true. And that’s not my opinion. It’s a fact.

We must not be reading the same 4ever posts. I have no idea if he's happy about losing recruits or cheers against Marquette ... that's something only he knows. But his recent posting history includes belittling comments about MU recruits, gleeful responses to recruiting losses and derogatory comments about Marquette personnel that have nothing to do with their job performance.
And that's not my opinion. It's a fact.
4ever the real person may very well be a loyal and dedicated Marquette fan. But 4ever the Scooop persona? Not so much. And if he wants to be that troll, then he (and the rest of the sweater vesters who feel the need to defend an internet character) shouldn't be shocked and offended by some occasional blowback. Given his response here, he's a big boy who can take it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 11:19:26 AM by Pakuni »

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2020, 11:23:58 AM »
Glad to see some people will try to argue that the sky isn't blue.

Depends on the time of day and sometimes the sky is gray.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2020, 11:39:21 AM »
Back when MU was going to 3 consecutive S16’s, 4ever was just regular poster with a unique posting style. 

What changed?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2020, 11:46:21 AM »
Galway

There is very few folks on here that I would not have a beer with and talk MU ball. Over the years I have met quite a few and every time a laugh was shared. The common thread on here is that we all love MU ball and other stuff is just other stuff to me.

Hope we can grab that beer across the globe when the worlds back!
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2020, 11:47:16 AM »
Lack of S16's.

Jockey

Just curious, how do you know how I feel or live my life politically or social justice wise? While, I am a Republican, I do not think I have ever posted a word on here regarding politics or social issues. That is the bias I think Lenny is talking about in some of his comments.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2020, 11:49:02 AM »
I barely drink anymore.   But I would be glad to golf with anyone.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »
Lack of S16's.

Jockey

Just curious, how do you know how I feel or live my life politically or social justice wise? While, I am a Republican, I do not think I have ever posted a word on here regarding politics or social issues. That is the bias I think Lenny is talking about in some of his comments.

Lenny’s views everything in a political lens.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2020, 11:58:36 AM »
Tower

What is the lowest handicap to date? How many rounds this year?

Until 15 years ago I was a five or better for over 25 years, now a very bad 12. Did play most rounds I have played in a year in over a decade this year and loved it. Hoping for another round or two this year.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2020, 12:08:32 PM »
Lenny’s views everything in a political lens.

Everything? LOL.

Blatant lie that you know is a lie.

feedback