[May 13, 2024, 08:40:15 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by brewcity77
[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [GoMarquette.com] Men's Basketball Season Tickets Available For $99  (Read 8958 times)

GoMarquetteSays

Men's Basketball Season Tickets Available For $99

Season ticket packages for the 2009-10 Marquette men's basketball season are on-sale now for as little as just $99.

http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/072009aab.html

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: [GoMarquette.com] Men's Basketball Season Tickets Available For $99
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 11:45:58 AM »
A bargin at $99 for 9 conference games even if you donate the non-conference portion to the homeless and don't mind sitting right below the rooftop pigeons.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Gwaki

• All American
I bought a pair.  Gonna give them away and stuff.  Not a bad deal at all

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
As a young alum, this is a great deal.  My friends and I just bought 18 seats all together... needless to say, we can't wait until next year!!!  We will all be cheering loudly all season long

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
It was a great deal for us too!  We moved two sections over and one row up and were able to get 4 tickets for less than what we paid for two last year.  It will be great for family and friends to enjoy the games with us this year and when my son turns 2 next year and will need his own ticket.
"We have the blues on the run!"

Tulsa Warrior

• Team Captain
Great marketing in a weak economy. Marquette U offers D1 basketball for less than the price of a movie.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
Looks like I'm heading to Milwaukee for a few games this year...  hell, last year I dropped $100 on a pair for one game!  I'd rather sit in the nose bleeds considering that's where the party is! 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
If I was still a student I would consider buying season tickets to begin building up your points for season tickets.

Robyrd5

• Scholarship Player
The ticket rep. I worked with said these are cheaper than Fanatics tickets this year. Anybody know what the price of those is expected to be this season?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Indeed, if you intend on buying tickets in the future .. $99 is a great deal.   I'd recommend $100 to the B&G fund as well, as that gets you a point, plus a point of "consecutive donation".    So .. $199 investment, three points and 19 tickets?   Good deal.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
The ticket rep. I worked with said these are cheaper than Fanatics tickets this year. Anybody know what the price of those is expected to be this season?

3 figures

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 01:23:31 PM »
3 figures

Aka $100

If I was still a student I would consider buying season tickets to begin building up your points for season tickets.

That is what I did  ;D

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »
The ticket rep. I worked with said these are cheaper than Fanatics tickets this year.

Interesting, and you get an assigned seat.  No lower bowl possible, but might be a decent tradeoff.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 04:50:30 PM »
I'd have to think the student section seats you'd get for all but a few games would be better than the $99 ticket seats.

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 08:16:39 PM »
Just bought 2 $99 season tickets today as well -- absolutely great deal. Last year I spent over $300 on stubhub for Wisconsin and Syracuse games and my seats weren't much better.

For the 2-3 home games a year that I travel back to Milwaukee for this is perfect.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 06:00:59 PM »
Great marketing in a weak economy. Marquette U offers D1 basketball for less than the price of a movie.

Maybe.  It's the battle that all of us in marketing are going through. Price integrity, devaluing of the product, steep discounting, churn, etc.

When financial goals are tied to revenues, dropping prices means you need to sell more widgets to hit those revenue targets.  Sometimes it canibalizes your revenue even if you do sell more widgets.  It's a delicate balance and they will need to monitor it.  If a bunch of folks that were playing $500 a year decide to pull back to $99 a year, that's a lot of lost revenue.  The flip side of the argument that people will make is that the customer would have left anyway so at least you are getting some revenue.....I'm not so sure that is reality with a niche product like college hoops that is tied to so much emotion, it can be dangerous to introduce a lower price point like this because more than likely your hard core fan is going to find any way possible to stay with their season tickets, especially if they have points.  That's not the same for other industries where emotional ties are not as strong.

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 10:46:17 PM »
Maybe.  It's the battle that all of us in marketing are going through. Price integrity, devaluing of the product, steep discounting, churn, etc.

When financial goals are tied to revenues, dropping prices means you need to sell more widgets to hit those revenue targets.  Sometimes it canibalizes your revenue even if you do sell more widgets.  It's a delicate balance and they will need to monitor it.  If a bunch of folks that were playing $500 a year decide to pull back to $99 a year, that's a lot of lost revenue.  The flip side of the argument that people will make is that the customer would have left anyway so at least you are getting some revenue.....I'm not so sure that is reality with a niche product like college hoops that is tied to so much emotion, it can be dangerous to introduce a lower price point like this because more than likely your hard core fan is going to find any way possible to stay with their season tickets, especially if they have points.  That's not the same for other industries where emotional ties are not as strong.

I don't think Marquette is going to lose too much revenue from this. Its not like there are an unlimited number of $99 seats, so not all of the $500 ticket holders can downgrade. Look at the seat map, the $99 tickets are only in sections 409 - 413.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they sold out of the $99 tickets in the next couple weeks.

I know a number of alums in the DC area that bought season tickets like I did just to have a guaranteed ticket for the 1-3 games that we travel to a year. A bunch are also planning on making at least a $100 Blue and Gold Fund donation.

This is really a great deal for alums who don't live near Milwaukee and never considered season tickets or trying to build up some low level points.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 08:11:06 AM »
Just curious, but does anyone remember what season tickets for these seats (uupper deck behind the basket) were last year?  $150? $199?

Personally, last year I bought two seats for both 5-packs to have extras for family and friends.  This year I bought two of these $99 season tickets instead.  This is all in addition to my lower level seat for myself.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 08:33:53 AM »
Pretty sure those tickets would have been (and still are) $9 each, times ~20 games = $180.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 03:58:11 PM »
409 and 413.. anyone know how many seats are in Row T... and how many rows are in these sections (pie-shaped sections on either edge of the $99 seating)?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 04:14:53 PM »
409 and 413.. anyone know how many seats are in Row T... and how many rows are in these sections (pie-shaped sections on either edge of the $99 seating)?

Row T has 16 seats.  The re-seating link is still active if anyone would like to check out what seats are still available.  Are you sure you want to look down on the Bucks blimp while watching a game?  Perhaps you might want to sit a few rows lower.

https://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/marquette_university/bradley_center/srms_5/php_exit.php

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 07:11:46 PM »
I don't think Marquette is going to lose too much revenue from this. Its not like there are an unlimited number of $99 seats, so not all of the $500 ticket holders can downgrade. Look at the seat map, the $99 tickets are only in sections 409 - 413.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they sold out of the $99 tickets in the next couple weeks.

I know a number of alums in the DC area that bought season tickets like I did just to have a guaranteed ticket for the 1-3 games that we travel to a year. A bunch are also planning on making at least a $100 Blue and Gold Fund donation.

This is really a great deal for alums who don't live near Milwaukee and never considered season tickets or trying to build up some low level points.

Hopefully that is the case.

In graduate school we used to talk about the marketing of tickets and sales for events \ sports \ etc.  In it's simplest terms, you have a couple ways to reach your revenue target.

Say the revenue target is $1,000,000 per game

a) Sell 1 ticket for $1,000,000
b) sell a crapload of tickets that bring in $1,000,000

Not trying to be overly simplistic, but that really is the deal for tickets or widgets or anything else.  The one potential advantage on the sports side being the limited number of widgets (seats) available for each game.  You basic supply and demand model.  

We always struggled then of trying to maximize that revenue while also putting as many butts in the seat to help the team with a home court advantage.  You can discount tickets in the hopes of increasing bodies but it hurts your revenue numbers.  A delicate balance, especially in today's environment.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:52:05 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »
Wow .. these things are selling extremely well:

MU on their facebook page: "We're now up to 832 season tickets sold in the new $99 price level... 167 more to reach our goal of 999. "

Last year the base was something like 13,000 plus or minus.  An extra 900*20 .. will push a new attendance record, although there may not be the # of sellouts versus two top BE teams. 

Pretty amazing in a recession year.

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 05:34:58 PM »
Wow .. these things are selling extremely well:

MU on their facebook page: "We're now up to 832 season tickets sold in the new $99 price level... 167 more to reach our goal of 999. "

Last year the base was something like 13,000 plus or minus.  An extra 900*20 .. will push a new attendance record, although there may not be the # of sellouts versus two top BE teams. 

Pretty amazing in a recession year.
Would selling out the budget seats, even at discounted pricing, actually increase per game or total season revenue?

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
I think this deal will put us in the top 10 nationally for attendance. Very impressive. ;D

feedback