[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: An absolute master at doing just enough to keep his job...  (Read 25043 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
An absolute master at doing just enough to keep his job...
« on: January 02, 2021, 08:37:04 PM »
Just when you thought we had reached a tipping point loss, Wojo gets bailed out by a Lewis takeover and embarrassing incompetence from Georgetown.

I’ve never seen a coach so apt at doing the bare minimum to keep his job. Bravo Steve, bravo.

seakm4

• Team Captain
Re: An absolute master at doing just enough to keep his job...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 08:37:39 PM »
Meeeoooowww

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 08:38:41 PM »
Just when you thought we had reached a tipping point loss, Wojo gets bailed out by a Lewis takeover and embarrassing incompetence from Georgetown.

I’ve never seen a coach so apt at doing the bare minimum to keep his job. Bravo Steve, bravo.

It took a coach arguably worse than him to pull this one out of his a$$

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 08:39:14 PM »
Maybe he's getting the meltdown out of the way early?  Big win steak to carry us through the tournament?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 08:39:27 PM »
And a team more inept than we are at taking care of the ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 08:39:51 PM »

A bit generous calling this a Lewis takeover
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 08:40:03 PM »
This is the only thing that needs to be said about this game.  Georgetown's incompetence was astounding.  They started this game with 5 straight turnovers, and bookended it with 5 or so in the last couple minutes.  Nova, Seton Hall, any team that wasn't playing like it just had a lobotomy would've run Marquette off the floor tonight.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 08:41:06 PM »
A bit generous calling this a Lewis takeover
He’s referring to the UW upset and this game...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2021, 08:41:23 PM »
It was a turd of a game for MU (especially from 3).  And a "normal" game for GT.  Take the win and hope we play better next time.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2021, 08:43:17 PM »

He wasn’t going to be fired based on this game.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 08:43:35 PM »
lol. cant say ur wrong necessarily

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 08:45:00 PM »
We were supposed to win by 5, won by 4, no style points in college basketball.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 08:45:03 PM »
It was a turd of a game for MU (especially from 3).  And a "normal" game for GT.  Take the win and hope we play better next time.
Wojo runs a turd of a program.

Georgetown’s “normal” should be a 10-20 point shellacking by our program. They allowed a 17-2 run with more turnovers than points for a stretch during crunch time. This is where it doesn’t make sense when people say sarcastically “you act like we’re Georgetown”. We’re pretty fecking close

nyg

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 08:46:25 PM »
As opposed to another regurgitating, nauseating, fire Wojo thread, there’s like 85 of them.  Don’t you guys get sick of saying the same thing over and over and over again?

I’d give credit to Wojo for adjusting at half. The team hardly took any outside shots and drove to the basket non stop. That was a coach telling the team what to do.

Wojo also kept the lineup of Torrence, Elliott, Garcia, Lewis and Cain on the floor for the run when they got the lead. Left Carton, Koby and Theo on the bench. When Koby returned he missed two free throws and then dribbled in the lane and picked up his dribble. Wojo sub him for Carton who made key basket. That was a coaching decision.

That was great comeback even though a lesser opponent, but still a comeback. 

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 08:47:04 PM »
We were supposed to win by 5, won by 4, no style points in college basketball.
The Vegas line is our program standard now? Just cuz Vegas is catching on that we kinda suck and are only a few points better than dumpster Gtown doesn’t mean we should be proud of that win. Or content.

That was an embarrassment that Wojo somehow turned into a feather in his cap to the bumbling rubes on the BOT and Lovell.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 08:47:30 PM »
Wojo runs a turd of a program.

Georgetown’s “normal” should be a 10-20 point shellacking by our program. They allowed a 17-2 run with more turnovers than points for a stretch during crunch time. This is where it doesn’t make sense when people say sarcastically “you act like we’re Georgetown”. We’re pretty fecking close

I'm not excusing the first half.  It was awful, we couldn't find a pot to piss in, so shat our pants.  But impressive grit in the 2nd half (even when I was ready to throw in the towel). 

panda

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 08:48:24 PM »
Georgetown is a remarkably bad basketball team.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 08:49:29 PM »
As opposed to another regurgitating, nauseating, fire Wojo thread, there’s like 85 of them.  Don’t you guys get sick of saying the same thing over and over and over again?
I really don’t. I’ll stop them the day he’s fired or the day we remove ourselves from the quagmire of mediocrity he has created.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2021, 08:50:27 PM »
Chalk up another demoralizing victory.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2021, 08:50:42 PM »
I'm not excusing the first half.  It was awful, we couldn't find a pot to piss in, so shat our pants.  But impressive grit in the 2nd half (even when I was ready to throw in the towel).
This is the problem. You somehow watched that game and came away impressed.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 08:51:33 PM »
I really don’t. I’ll stop them the day he’s fired or the day we remove ourselves from the quagmire of mediocrity he has created.

MU 64. Georgetown 60

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2021, 08:52:07 PM »

I’d give credit to Wojo for adjusting at half. The team hardly took any outside shots and drove to the basket non stop. That was a coach telling the team what to do.

Wojo also kept the lineup of Torrence, Elliott, Garcia, Lewis and Cain on the floor for the run when they got the lead. Left Carton, Koby and Theo on the bench. When Koby returned he missed two free throws and then dribbled in the lane and picked up his dribble. Wojo sub him for Carton who made key basket. That was a coaching decision.

No I really don’t get sick of it as long as there are fans like you who offer praise after tonight instead of being honest how awful things are to need to come from 18 down to beat the team picked for last in conference.

panda

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2021, 08:52:47 PM »
MU 64. Georgetown 60

Georgetown is a remarkably bad basketball team

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2021, 08:53:06 PM »
The Vegas line is our program standard now? Just cuz Vegas is catching on that we kinda suck and are only a few points better than dumpster Gtown doesn’t mean we should be proud of that win. Or content.

That was an embarrassment that Wojo somehow turned into a feather in his cap to the bumbling rubes on the BOT and Lovell.

Some people on this board need to be brought up on charges of General Slurpery.  Georgetown is so bad that their coach drew up a freaking illegal inbound play for their last possession of the game.  But hey, let's all beat our chests because the worst team in the conference handed us a game on a silver platter.

CrowdOf5

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2021, 08:53:27 PM »

Yes, well said. Thank you. People on this board can be nauseating even after a huge comeback win.

feedback