[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Post Game Interview With Jamal  (Read 2651 times)

The Big East

• All American
Post Game Interview With Jamal
« on: January 03, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »
Jamal has been a great teammate over the years. Really happy to see him with such an outstanding performance. Good interview. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VHtqmPUYA

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Post Game Interview With Jamal
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 02:50:31 PM »
Such a great kid. I’m really happy last night happened for him. He deserved it.
No Finish Line

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 02:55:49 PM »
Such a great kid. I’m really happy last night happened for him. He deserved it.

Likewise. This is part of why I love MU and college basketball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 03:59:02 PM »
Near the end of the game, CBSSN put up a graphic with Jamal's name in huge letters as a backdrop to show some of his highlights ... but then they showed Koby's only two baskets and his hustle play. They didn't show a single play by Jamal.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 04:11:40 PM »
Near the end of the game, CBSSN put up a graphic with Jamal's name in huge letters as a backdrop to show some of his highlights ... but then they showed Koby's only two baskets and his hustle play. They didn't show a single play by Jamal.

Yep, the broadcast and the broadcasters were terrible.  It was truly embarrassing. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 04:18:01 PM »
Yep, the broadcast and the broadcasters were terrible.  It was truly embarrassing.

When he was a coach, Gillen was a wonderful interview after games. As an announcer, he's quite annoying.

It's the difference between being able to be clever and insightful for 5-10 minutes in response to questions by reporters and having to be clever and insightful for 2 hours while getting just about no help from a mediocre PBP guy.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 05:09:24 PM »
Pete Gillen is my son's new favorite announcer.   My son's coach nicknamed my son 'Clutch Cargo'.   When Gillen actually used that term, my son practically did a spit take.   First time he has ever heard it used outside of his team.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 05:39:27 PM »
Favorite player since he stepped foot on campus. Nose for the ball, superior rebounding anticipation, superior athleticism, never gave up on himself or MU in four years. Great young man.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 06:29:23 PM »
Pete Gillen is my son's new favorite announcer.   My son's coach nicknamed my son 'Clutch Cargo'.   When Gillen actually used that term, my son practically did a spit take.   First time he has ever heard it used outside of his team.

Has your son ever heard of the cartoon character by that name?

Have you?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2021, 08:35:35 PM »
I have.  I even remember watching it on Bozo's Circus on WGN.    And when the coach hung the nickname on him I made him look it up.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2021, 08:39:57 PM »
Great comments at the end of the video by Wojo about Jamal.

He’s had his difficulties but has continued to work hard and keep a positive attitude, and is playing his best basketball at the end of the road.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 08:44:00 PM »
Great comments at the end of the video by Wojo about Jamal.

He’s had his difficulties but has continued to work hard and keep a positive attitude, and is playing his best basketball at the end of the road.
He does have that option to stay for another year.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2021, 10:20:32 PM »
I’d actually love that. Stick around and be super seniors with Greg. Those two have been enjoyable to have around even at times of limited production.

I was thinking to myself during the game last night that Jamal seems to have gotten so much better this season that I can’t wait to see if he has another level in the future. Never in any of our wildest dreams would we have thought of Jamal as a potential NBA guy but he’s sneaky got some NBA type skills.

Is there a chance he continues to develop after MU and has a Juan Toscano Anderson type of surprise in him? He would probably have to become a much better defender to do so imo but I hope we continue to see improvement

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2021, 11:47:39 PM »
I’d actually love that. Stick around and be super seniors with Greg. Those two have been enjoyable to have around even at times of limited production.

I was thinking to myself during the game last night that Jamal seems to have gotten so much better this season that I can’t wait to see if he has another level in the future. Never in any of our wildest dreams would we have thought of Jamal as a potential NBA guy but he’s sneaky got some NBA type skills.

Is there a chance he continues to develop after MU and has a Juan Toscano Anderson type of surprise in him? He would probably have to become a much better defender to do so imo but I hope we continue to see improvement

Is there a chance? Sure. He is so skinny, has a poor handle and is a mediocre defender, so I really don't see it.

But hey, we've said similar about a few other guys who made it. If he keeps getting better and, importantly, can show he can hit the NBA 3, he'd have a chance.