[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: PC of crap  (Read 8649 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: PC of crap
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 03:33:15 PM »
Im kinda surprised how chill scoop has been after this loss. Besides sand knit of course.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 03:34:04 PM »
With 15 seconds, should have run some motion.   Harder to do with 6 seconds.   And yes, there was an open shooter in the corner.   Ah, well.    Didn't really deserve to win. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 03:34:36 PM »

LOL what?  He was an isolation player v. Creighton and Nova.  On numerous occasions. 

Using shooters to spread the floor and run someone in isolation is good basketball.  They did that earlier and got Cheatham the open lay up.
He's a shooter, very good catch and shoot and off the dribble shooter but I would not ever describe him as an isolation player. Driving to the rim is not his game, it worked against nova when he was scorching hot but by the same measure rowsey should have had the ball in his hands.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 03:35:43 PM »
Im kinda surprised how chill scoop has been after this loss. Besides sand knit of course.

well when the game is well coached and they lost because of missed shots instead of stupid fixable things...

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 03:35:55 PM »

Not only bad 3 pt defense but terrible rebounding on the defensive end.

Not really. Providence only had 7 offensive boards today.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2017, 03:38:27 PM »
He's a shooter, very good catch and shoot and off the dribble shooter but I would not ever describe him as an isolation player. Driving to the rim is not his game, it worked against nova when he was scorching hot but by the same measure rowsey should have had the ball in his hands.

It worked against Nova AND Creighton.  It most definitely in his game. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2017, 03:38:57 PM »
Not really. Providence only had 7 offensive boards today.

I knew I should have looked that up first.  Maybe it seemed that way more than it was.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 03:40:40 PM »

I don't think you've been watching closely. Katin has been getting isos all of Big East play and for the most part has made opponents pay for it.

Wojo had his veteran player and best free throw shooter take it to the hole in a game where the refs have been calling it tight. The drive that was blocked could have easily been a foul. Refs didn't call it.

What I didn't like was a calling a timeout with 6 seconds left. With that little time left, I think it benefits the defense more than the offense.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2017, 03:41:40 PM »

I knew I should have looked that up first.  Maybe it seemed that way more than it was.

I think it just sticks out because we gave up another one off a missed FT which should never happen, and we had a crucial one in the last 40 seconds.
TAMU

TFlegend

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 03:41:57 PM »
Pathetic...and so, so predictable.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 03:44:11 PM »
I don't think you've been watching closely. Katin has been getting isos all of Big East play and for the most part has made opponents pay for it.

Wojo had his veteran player and best free throw shooter take it to the hole in a game where the refs have been calling it tight. The drive that was blocked could have easily been a foul. Refs didn't call it.

What I didn't like was a calling a timeout with 6 seconds left. With that little time left, I think it benefits the defense more than the offense.

Ya that definitely could have been a foul on the first drive.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 03:45:37 PM »
Gotta get the next two.  Time to take a Scoop break.

We need as many wins as we can get. SJU is going to be a very though game. We really needed to defend the home court this afternoon. The guys just made it a little harder on themselves.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2017, 03:48:52 PM »
Well that sucked....
As great as the energy was on Tuesday, the team sleepwalked through this one. 

Pitiful game overall. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2017, 03:52:11 PM »

Because it is what it is...we stink on defense.  Tonight couldnt shoot our way out of it against a slightly inferior team.  We play some defense and our at our best on O - we can play with anyone...alternative has been true all season.

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2017, 04:07:34 PM »
Anyone else think that layup by Haanif could have been a three-point play? He got knocked down but no call.

Radio interview with Wojo after the game, he said he just wanted a drive to the basket. Didn't really say if he drew it up for KR specifically, but yeah I was disappointed Rowsey didn't at least get his mitts on it once. Gotta go with the hot hand.

That 4 point play was magical. Got the place goin!

Gotta win these next two, let's do it!

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2017, 04:10:22 PM »
We didnt really have any "bad" losses up until now....now we do. I had a feeling the team would not respond well after such success..

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2017, 04:10:34 PM »
Shots just weren't falling for much of the game.  I know it'll hurt us defensively, but HC's 22 minutes still might have been too much when we need some offense...especially in end of game situations.  I'm not sure the ball was coming out of KR's hands regardless, but another offensive weapon may have opened things things up.  I like Howard and Rowsey both in at the end instead.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2017, 04:20:17 PM »
Four factors calculated:

eFG%:
PC: 59.4%
MU: 51.7%

TO%:
PC: 14.4%
MU: 11.4%

OR%:
PC: 20.0%
MU: 20.6%

FTR:
PC: 52.8%
MU: 39.7%

This is the second game of the season where the team with the worse eFG% ALMOST won the game (vs. HALL was the other) but not quite. eFG% still reigns supreme.

MU was 6% under their season average for eFG%. Fischer and Rowsey's great shooting games couldn't overcome poor shooting from JJJ (42.9%), Katin (36.4%), Hauser (40%) and Duane (0%). Markus was decent with 59.1%.

MU contained Bullock, Diallo, and Holt. But PC had 5 players shoot way above their season average. Cartwright (75%), Lindsey (120%), Jackson (83.3%), Fazekas (91.7%) and White (75%).

Conclusion, poor shooting night for us, great shooting night for them. Some of that is defense, some of it is luck. We played closer to our floor, they played closer to their ceiling. We have a really good chance to beat them in the Dunk in a few weeks.
TAMU

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2017, 04:22:45 PM »
Conclusion, poor shooting night for us, great shooting night for them. Some of that is defense, some of it is luck. We played closer to our floor, they played closer to their ceiling. We have a really good chance to beat them in the Dunk in a few weeks.

At what point do we just admit our defense stinks.  I am sure someone can do this with KenPom but it seems every team has an unbelievably lucky shooting night against the warriors.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2017, 04:24:59 PM »
We didnt really have any "bad" losses up until now....now we do. I had a feeling the team would not respond well after such success..

PC is not a bad loss. It's not a good loss, but their RPI is in the 50 range.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2017, 04:25:51 PM »
At what point do we just admit our defense stinks.  I am sure someone can do this with KenPom but it seems every team has an unbelievably lucky shooting night against the warriors.

Our defense does stink but luck does have a lot to do with it. Lindsey went 4-5 from deep tonight. That's hard for players to do in shootaround. At least two of those had a hand in his face. Another was NBA range. That's more luck than bad defense.

KenPom ranks us 272nd in the country for luck. Not sure if that includes today's game or not.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2017, 04:26:08 PM »
Providence just always had an answer. Felt like we could turn it on at any time, but we just never did. We'd get it back to even or within a point or three, they'd run it back to 8-9. We'd run back, they'd answer. Just needed one more run and couldn't ever quite get it. It's okay, we had the leeway to lose today, but we can't lose many more of these. Makes next week all the more important.

For scheduling purposes, we probably would have been better off had this and DePaul been flipped. Get on the road, get away from the local excitement, easier to focus. I think the team thought they'd just carry momentum, and they couldn't quite do it. Getting away for a week may be best for them.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2017, 04:29:48 PM »
Our defense does stink but luck does have a lot to do with it. Lindsey went 4-5 from deep tonight. That's hard for players to do in shootaround. At least two of those had a hand in his face. Another was NBA range. That's more luck than bad defense.

KenPom ranks us 272nd in the country for luck. Not sure if that includes today's game or not.

I guess what I mean is 'luck' is a statistical unexplained driver.  When running an algorithm across all of cball it is easy to call it 'luck' - however when 10 teams seem to have their luckiest game against a specific team it starts to sound like an independent variable.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2017, 04:33:35 PM »
I guess this teams destination was beating #1...so they got that going for them anyway...I'm sure they are proud. Just a fart in the wind. You lose to a horsecrap team like that at home, and you don't deserve to dance..period. And yes, PC is a horsecrap team, you should NEVER EVER lose a game like that to them at home..really no different than losing to DePaul.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GWSwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2017, 04:37:07 PM »
They really looked like they just expected to win. I think they were just hungover...who on this board hasn't had a Marquette hangover???
Fear makes you dumb.