[Today at 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[Today at 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[Today at 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: predicting the starting lineup: post-madness  (Read 15137 times)

brandx

Re: predicting the starting lineup: post-madness
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2013, 02:35:26 PM »
Really doubt Jamil plays the 4 this year. With Duane out I really think Buzz takes advantage of the size and puts Steve at the 4, Jamil at the 3 and Juan at the 2.

With all of the lineup changes that Buzz uses during a game, Jamil will play some 4.

But it won't be as a regular rotation and will be pretty limited.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »
Did any of y'all catch Davante's media day interview?  He ranked Dawson above Duane.

I know these interviews and the scrimmage might not mean much, but come actual game time I'm excited about any combination we put out there!

Bump.  Reminder.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2014, 08:37:38 AM »
I think you'll see DG take a *lot* more free-throw length shots, from the elbow, maybe from the corners, especially in Big East play. He will probably be our opponent's #1 defensive priority, and they will try to make life difficult for his play at the basket. If he can step out to the elbow and drain it regularly (as he did in one of the Syracuse games last year I believe), then he will be harder to stop. But even that mid-range shot, which I think everyone is pretty comfortable with him taking, was relatively rare last year. Let's see him do that regularly before we start asking him to take 3's in normal game situations.

As long as we're revisiting a months-old thread let me just point out how wrong my prediction was. Turns out that they basically couldn't stop him on the low block so there was no need to go further out. If you would've told me that at the beginning of the season I probably would've been expecting a much better record!

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2014, 09:28:16 AM »
Interesting to go back and re-read the predictions.  The one clear shocker for everyone was that Jake Thomas not only started, but he also got the 2nd most minutes on the team.  Everyone pegged Mayo or JJJ for his spot...and the reports from the Madness scrimmage all indicated Todd looked really good...and of course he dropped 20 points in first tightly contested game against Southern...in 22 minutes of action.

Will never understand why Todd wasn't given 30+ per game from at least the beginning of conference play and against all of the tough non-conference opponents.

Then again, there were a lot of head scratching things about this season.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2014, 10:19:25 AM »
Interesting to go back and re-read the predictions.  The one clear shocker for everyone was that Jake Thomas not only started, but he also got the 2nd most minutes on the team.  Everyone pegged Mayo or JJJ for his spot...and the reports from the Madness scrimmage all indicated Todd looked really good...and of course he dropped 20 points in first tightly contested game against Southern...in 22 minutes of action.

Will never understand why Todd wasn't given 30+ per game from at least the beginning of conference play and against all of the tough non-conference opponents.

Then again, there were a lot of head scratching things about this season.
What is there not to understand about it Ners? Same reason for slurping Derrick. In Buzz we trust!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback