[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Horribly embarrassed on national TV … again  (Read 24551 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Re: Nicely stated, Goose
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2012, 06:06:54 PM »
You are right, Goose. These are enormously important days for the future of Marquette basketball.

It is too easy to say that only football drives the bus and that the future is largely out of Marquette’s control.

No one fully understands what the future will bring in terms of conference realignment. No one also knows where Marquette will land.

Accordingly, Marquette must be very smart, informed and connected as it navigates the outrageously unpredictable world of collegiate athletic conferences.

And while it might sound like a simple concept, I think it only harms Marquette when it goes on national television and gets destroyed. Again, one never knows how such outcomes might eventually skew certain decisions.

We could lose 20 games this year and it has no impact on where we end up.  As Goose, Big Daddy and a few others know, this is gut check time for Marquette's administration. Is Pilarz that vested in basketball? That is what every basketball fan needs to worry about.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Great to see Coach Williams being brutally honest
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2012, 06:41:01 PM »
Was Crean dishonest?

Only when selling a used Edsel.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: These are hugely important times for Marquette basketball
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »
Like many others, I have an uneasy feeling these days about Marquette basketball; specifically, its future conference affiliation.

Marquette is a terrific university with a terrific, storied basketball tradition. Nonetheless, I worry that every day matters for Marquette as things shake out and teams align with conferences.

Thus, I hated every second of Marquette’s awful, nationally televised loss to the Florida Gators. Marquette looked surprisingly weak and inconsistent. I thought the team played very “young,” too.

I hardly think one loss will change the rotation of the planet, but this is no time for what is supposed to be a pretty good Marquette team to be looking so bad and to be getting crushed.

Too much angst, dude.

Winning is only important in surgery and war.

MU is going to lose some more games this year. Some of them might even be on TV. That's life.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Great to see Coach Williams being brutally honest
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »
Coach Williams is calling Marquette’s 82-49 defeat at Florida the “worst loss” in his coaching career.

“I’ve never been beat this bad in my career -- 179 games as a head coach,” Williams said. “That’s the worst loss. Not close. … We were just bad, really bad in every way.”

Of the Gators, the coach said, “I think they’re good enough to win the whole thing.”

See www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/marquettes-buzz-williams-calls-82-49-loss-at-no-7-worst-loss-of-coaching-career/2012/11/30/6261c5a8-3aaf-11e2-9258-ac7c78d5c680_story.html

I love that Coach Williams is so publicly blunt about how awful MU looked Thursday night in Gainesville.

Good and great coaches are never afraid to say -- for all to hear -- that their teams have big issues or major deficiencies. Such is the case with this year’s Marquette team.

Congratulations to Coach Williams on his brutal honesty.

Actually, its clear that coach Williams was being dishonest, or at least telling half truths to hide the obvious truth he wanted so badly to hide....Marquette was horribly embarrassed on national TV … again!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

lab_warrior

• All American
Re: These are hugely important times for Marquette basketball
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »
CONCERN TROLLING.