[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: WVU Just Lost Another One  (Read 4925 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
WVU Just Lost Another One
« on: October 29, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »
Frosh PG Noah Cottrill booted....leaving only Noreen out of four incoming freshman recruits.  And senior guard Casey Mitchell was already suspended by Thuggy.  Very, very thin.  And WVU was rated above MU? 

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-1029/wvu-freshman-noah-cottrill-suspended-indefinitely/

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-wvirginia-mitchell

willie warrior

• All American
Re: WVU Just Lost Another One
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
Frosh PG Noah Cottrill booted....leaving only Noreen out of four incoming freshman recruits.  And senior guard Casey Mitchell was already suspended by Thuggy.  Very, very thin.  And WVU was rated above MU? 

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-1029/wvu-freshman-noah-cottrill-suspended-indefinitely/

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-wvirginia-mitchell
Maybe Boatwrong will re-commit
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:29:51 PM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 10:03:18 PM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 10:23:01 PM »
“Noah has been suspended indefinitely from our team for conduct unbecoming of a Mountaineer,” said Huggins in a school statement.

Do we know any details?  Obviously it has nothing to do with getting hammered out of your mind or banging your relative/goats/etc.. but past that, hard to eliminate what this might be about.. maybe Noah got an A+ on his midterm?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 11:11:25 PM »
Rumor going around is some sort of drug issue.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=2509&t=6609028&p=2

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 01:36:02 AM »
I believe he played for the Wisconsin Playground Warriors AAU squad.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 06:52:32 AM »
Thanks for the update on "Thuggy Justice".

So you're for the one strike and you're out policy when it comes to basketball players?  Good thing Buzz is a little more lenient than you are.

fiskadoro

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 07:35:33 AM »

Unless I missed it there was no info on what Mitchell did to violate team rules... as far as "one strike and you're gone" obviously it depends on the infraction. Violence (domestic or otherwise) is more deserving of this fate than any other infraction. Drug sales? Bye. Drug use? Circumstances please... DWI? You gotta go.

For me the thing is that most incidents don't get reported on, and even though there is a lot more scrutiny  these days with blogs, forums, cell phone cameras, etc, athletes tend to get away with murder in many cases, so there are often mitigating circumstances.

Look at Syracuse. Great program, but quite a few thuggish and/or coddled players. No thanks!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 07:49:33 AM »

So you're for the one strike and you're out policy when it comes to basketball players?  Good thing Buzz is a little more lenient than you are.

Are you honestly defending Huggins record?  My comment was in regard to how Mitchell went from "suspended indefinitely", which to me implies serious, to suspended for 10 days.  If he missed some classes, why not say he was supended for "minor violations"?  Coincidence that he was reinstated after another guard apparently was kicked off for prescription drug issues?  My sarcastic comment was in regard to Thuggins stellar record on discipline and academics.  He has earned it well.

Buzz?  Lenient?  Talk to Hazel, Maymon, Acker, Roseboro and a few recruits (Clark, Newbill, etc.).  Mo earned his way back in....Cubes apologized before he was dismissed and had to claw his way back.  Missed classes are not allowed.  Many of these cases were minor.  Buzz is a "one strike and you are out" guy. 

btw, I do believe in second chances.  Don't know how you read that in...but for the record. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 08:23:29 AM »
Since we don't know what Mitchell did how do we really know how serious the infraction is?  I mean if it were violence or drugs, those are illegal. However "indefinite" doesn't mean forever, just for an unspecified length of time. Maybe he earned his way back on the team a la Acker.

But I guess its funner to assume otherwise. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 08:45:23 AM »
Since we don't know what Mitchell did how do we really know how serious the infraction is?  I mean if it were violence or drugs, those are illegal. However "indefinite" doesn't mean forever, just for an unspecified length of time. Maybe he earned his way back on the team a la Acker.

But I guess its funner to assume otherwise.  

A major state university felt it necessary to issue a press release to announce the "indefinite suspension" of a student athlete.  You are a school administrator, I believe, does that sound fair if it was minor?  Do you believe that in a period of a week and a half that a student athlete "can earn" their way back on a team that they were kicked off "indefinitely"?  If so, I hardly think it was necessary (or fun as you say) to rake a kid through national humiliation.  

As my comment was about Huggins and his ridiculous record, and not the student athlete, I don't consider that "fun" at all.  Sad in fact that administrators would see fit to hire the guy. You apparently see it necessary to defend Huggins as that is who my comments have been about....what is it that you see that the rest of us don't--off the court that is?   His record continues at WVU.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 02:11:51 PM »
Wow.

No shortage of news for WVU this month.

One question: what's the difference between "southern WV mentality" and just the simple WV mentality? I thought it was all red.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 04:20:36 PM »
A major state university felt it necessary to issue a press release to announce the "indefinite suspension" of a student athlete.  You are a school administrator, I believe, does that sound fair if it was minor?  Do you believe that in a period of a week and a half that a student athlete "can earn" their way back on a team that they were kicked off "indefinitely"?  If so, I hardly think it was necessary (or fun as you say) to rake a kid through national humiliation.  

University's send out press releases all the time.  Oftentimes it is to quell rumors. 

And I guess you don't understand the word "indefinate."  It simply means it has no set length of time.  It doesn't mean "infinite."  And since I have no idea what he did, I have no idea if a week and a half is enough to earn their way back.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 04:49:49 PM »
Wow.

No shortage of news for WVU this month.

One question: what's the difference between "southern WV mentality" and just the simple WV mentality? I thought it was all red.

It's a reference to the type of drugs they think Cottrill is hooked on.  The northern part of the state is heroin/crack territory whereas the south is known for prescription drug abuse.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »
It's a reference to the type of drugs they think Cottrill is hooked on.  The northern part of the state is heroin/crack territory whereas the south is known for prescription drug abuse.

Thanks for the answer. Shame they have such divisions in that state. They should all be used equally.  :P