[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: USC and Tim Floyd  (Read 1301 times)

sailwi

• All American
USC and Tim Floyd
« on: March 05, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »
Reports have it that USC talked to Tim Floyd about the open job.  Now this may have been nothing more than a courtesy discussion or the like but why in the hell would USC from a PR perspective even venture down that road.  I know Floyd was never proven of any wrong doing but lets just say there is some taint to him from that whole episode and I thought Pat Haden was going to clean up USC athletics.

Seems pretty odd and stupid on USC's part.

MU82

• All American
Re: USC and Tim Floyd
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 05:36:42 PM »
A. Been there, done that.

2. Superbar?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »
The hot rumors around L.A. are

Ben Howland out, unless he goes deep into NCAAs
Jamie Dixon to USC
Sean Miller to Pittsburgh
Pastner to Arizona
Donovan to UCLA

Now, I don't believe this crap at all, but that's what some people here will tell you.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 05:23:37 PM »
The hot rumors around L.A. are

Ben Howland out, unless he goes deep into NCAAs
Jamie Dixon to USC
Sean Miller to Pittsburgh
Pastner to Arizona
Donovan to UCLA

Now, I don't believe this crap at all, but that's what some people here will tell you.

Maybe its just me, but I think a coach leaving Zona for Pitt is a step-down. And, yes, I realize that Miller is a Pitt alum.

Chicos, how is the Arizona program viewed out West? In my view, I see Arizona as the top program in the Pac 12.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
Maybe its just me, but I think a coach leaving Zona for Pitt is a step-down. And, yes, I realize that Miller is a Pitt alum.

Chicos, how is the Arizona program viewed out West? In my view, I see Arizona as the top program in the Pac 12.

It's viewed as very good, but not what it used to be.  UCLA is still considered the cream of the crop, even if they aren't on top each year in the conference.  That's my perception anyway.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 05:37:11 PM »
It's viewed as very good, but not what it used to be.  UCLA is still considered the cream of the crop, even if they aren't on top each year in the conference.  That's my perception anyway.

Interesting, thanks. Perhaps the glory years of Lute are blinding me a bit. I still think of Arizona as an elite level job, a place a really good coach has a realistic shot to win a NC.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
Interesting, thanks. Perhaps the glory years of Lute are blinding me a bit. I still think of Arizona as an elite level job, a place a really good coach has a realistic shot to win a NC.

Still elite in some respects, but Lute made it elite.  Miller has done well, they have money, etc, but it's taken a few body blows.  I'd view it like UCONN in some sense.  UConn is still a really good job, but is it the same job when Calhoun was there? 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »
Still elite in some respects, but Lute made it elite.  Miller has done well, they have money, etc, but it's taken a few body blows.  I'd view it like UCONN in some sense.  UConn is still a really good job, but is it the same job when Calhoun was there? 

Exactly.  UCLA will always be the top of the PAC.  Even if they suck, its the most prestigious job out there.