Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] MU updates from the past several days  (Read 6650 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks] MU updates from the past several days
« on: July 22, 2008, 05:45:04 AM »
MU updates from the past several days

Written by: noreply@blogger.com (NY Warrior)

Let's get caught up on the program, shall we.

Marquette's 2008-2009 out of conference schedule is nearly complete.  The Warriors have agreed to play at North Carolina State this winter, with a return game at the Bradley Center the following year.  The Wolfpack finished last season 15-16.  After losing its top three scorers from last season, including first-round pick J.J. Hickson, NCSU should be one of the worst teams in the ACC next season.

CNNSI's Luke Winn is blunt about the upcoming season for the Warriors noting that making the Sweet 16 is a baseline expectation for new coach Buzz Williams, despite his relative anonymity.

Buzz Williams sure can recruit.  HoopScoop rates the current 2009 class as the second-best in the nation.  Impressive stuff -- and Buzz Williams is likely not done recruiting for that group.

Interested in golfing with a Marquette basketball great?  Sign up for the 1st Annual Warrior Day Golf Outing to benefit the American Liver Foundation, Marquette University's non-revenue sports and the Hank Raymonds Educational Center.  The event will be held on July 28th at The Bog.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2008/07/mu-updates-from-past-several-days.html

jce

Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] MU updates from the past several days
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 08:05:40 AM »

Buzz Williams sure can recruit.  HoopScoop rates the current 2009 class as the second-best in the nation.  Impressive stuff -- and Buzz Williams is likely not done recruiting for that group

Boy, I have heard more and more buzz (ha!) about Maymon not qualifying.  What exactly does it mean that the BE doesn't accept partial qualifiers?  That the conference does not allow anyone on scholarship to be a partial qualifier even if it means sitting out a year?

BTW, from the same article, the NCAA is really getting more and more moronic when it comes to recruiting restrictions.  It seems to me that the more a college coach is out there, the less potential agents, hangers on, etc. are influencing these types of decisions.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:43:50 AM »

Boy, I have heard more and more buzz (ha!) about Maymon not qualifying.  What exactly does it mean that the BE doesn't accept partial qualifiers?  That the conference does not allow anyone on scholarship to be a partial qualifier even if it means sitting out a year?

Correct.  You either qualify or you don't in the Big East.  There's no sitting out your freshman year then playing as a sophomore and possibly regaining eligibility like Wade could have.  So if Maymon doesn't qualify, he'd have to go to a Prep School or JUCO and become a member of a new class.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
Exactly, right on partial qulaifiers. That is waht is such a joke about the Crean lovers who are adamant that no one but crean knew Wade was any good.  And continue to remark about Creans ability to find such a diamond in the rough.  Bottom line was no BCS conference school was willing to pursue him becuase they knew he was an academic casualty.  but why let facts get in the way.  if he was soooo good at finding diamonds in the rough can anyone explain Niv, Kinsella, Lott,and on and on and on........

nola03

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 10:21:30 AM »
Exactly, right on partial qulaifiers. That is waht is such a joke about the Crean lovers who are adamant that no one but crean knew Wade was any good.  And continue to remark about Creans ability to find such a diamond in the rough.  Bottom line was no BCS conference school was willing to pursue him becuase they knew he was an academic casualty.  but why let facts get in the way.  if he was soooo good at finding diamonds in the rough can anyone explain Niv, Kinsella, Lott,and on and on and on........

Wow.

Your tone indicates you really do hate the man.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:31:26 AM by nola03 »

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 10:38:56 AM »
it's simply pathetic how people just want to use this board to defend Crean.  the guy crapped all over Mu while he was here, strongarming the admisinstartion and fans while representing the program as all him and as him bigger than the program.  All in a continuos effort to increase his salary and control while angling for a "better gig". 

So sad that people like the jilted ex boyfriend continue to defend the guy.  Reminds me of some wuss that ahd a girlfriend that cheated on him and treated him like dirt and then left him for his best friend, yet he still defends her becuase she was his first love or something.

pathetic.

The guy was no more than a care taker who did his job, some may argue that he did better than I would.  Some sorry sap commented on Creans ability to put guys in the pros, Oneil recruited and put 3 guys in the pros in half the time.  I would rank Crean 4th or 5th best coach in MU history.  Ok not bad decent.  Yet the way he left.
I would use the analogy of the jilted boyfriend finding his girlfriend in bed with his best friend, yet you saps are still defending the guy!!. 

Purely pathetic.  Saps that have such a low amount of self esteem and confidence in the program that you hold on to our former coaches leg kicking and screaming as he drags you along. 

He was avergae and the f'd the program over.  Again I use the Kansas analogy, I think if they read all of the pathetic defenses of Crean they would have zero respect for you as do I. 

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:53:46 AM »
Wow, Hayward you are off your rocker.  I wasn't always the biggest fan of Crean and thought the way he left was horrible; but to deny what he did for MU is just ignorant.  If you don't think he is the 2nd best coach MU has ever had, you my friend are not real smart.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »
Wow, Hayward you are off your rocker.  I wasn't always the biggest fan of Crean and thought the way he left was horrible; but to deny what he did for MU is just ignorant.  If you don't think he is the 2nd best coach MU has ever had, you my friend are not real smart.

+1

If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself.  What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.  ~Herman Hesse

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 12:04:09 PM »
+1

If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself.  What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.  ~Herman Hesse
+1 more.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »
it's simply pathetic how people just want to use this board to defend Crean.  the guy crapped all over Mu while he was here, strongarming the admisinstartion and fans while representing the program as all him and as him bigger than the program.  All in a continuos effort to increase his salary and control while angling for a "better gig". 

So sad that people like the jilted ex boyfriend continue to defend the guy.  Reminds me of some wuss that ahd a girlfriend that cheated on him and treated him like dirt and then left him for his best friend, yet he still defends her becuase she was his first love or something.

pathetic.

The guy was no more than a care taker who did his job, some may argue that he did better than I would.  Some sorry sap commented on Creans ability to put guys in the pros, Oneil recruited and put 3 guys in the pros in half the time.  I would rank Crean 4th or 5th best coach in MU history.  Ok not bad decent.  Yet the way he left.
I would use the analogy of the jilted boyfriend finding his girlfriend in bed with his best friend, yet you saps are still defending the guy!!. 

Purely pathetic.  Saps that have such a low amount of self esteem and confidence in the program that you hold on to our former coaches leg kicking and screaming as he drags you along. 

He was avergae and the f'd the program over.  Again I use the Kansas analogy, I think if they read all of the pathetic defenses of Crean they would have zero respect for you as do I. 

Dude, this is getting old.

#1 You consistently have at least 10 typos and misspellings in every post you have. I normally wouldn't bring this up, but when you are constantly blasting somebody, you should take the time to actually spell check and proof your posts. Poor typing just reflects the fact that you aren't putting a lot of thought in what you're posting, but rather just going with your emotions.

#2 You need to actually respond to people when they rebuke your posts. You seem to blast away, people rebuke and debunk your post... and then you just move to another thread and blast away again. If you want to have a conversation/debate about coach Crean, then let's have an accurate one. I have no problem with "agreeing to disagree" on certain topics... but at this point you don't really respond to what people post, you just keep blasting away with how Crean is evil. Again, you are entitled to your opinion, but be prepared to respond in an accurate manner. If you don't want to do that, well then I guess that is your prerogative, but don't expect any credibility, and be prepared to be labeled some sort of extremist.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 12:21:52 PM »
Crean is evil.

...and must be destroyed??

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 01:06:14 PM »
I hate that every thread seems to get hijacked into Crean bashing or hiring process bashing recently. I thought we were past this process people. Let's move on people!

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 01:49:54 PM »
I hate that every thread seems to get hijacked into Crean bashing or hiring process bashing recently. I thought we were past this process people. Let's move on people!
+1
I agree, this is getting real old.

Honestly, I don't know what worse ... The posters that keep ripping Crean or the ones that keep listing all his accomplishments. I believe the majority of the posters here realize and respect Crean for what he did at MU.

FWIW, the people that are continuing to bash Crean are the same ones that constantly ripped him while he was here. Their opinion of TC is not going to change ... So what's the point of continuing to defend Crean when he not even here anymore.

Let's move on. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:51:38 PM by RJax55 »

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 02:12:37 PM »
Respnse....Oneil and Raymonds did better jobs at Mu than did Crean.  I am sorry but a cinderella run to a final four does not trump everything else.  kudos and credit on the FF run but it does not trump his other failings or the work of oneil and raymonds.  That put Cream at #4 minimum. 

lastly, I have never dimished what he did.  Some of you just like to embelsih it.  He went to the Ncaa just over half of the time.  We won just over 6 out of 10 games.  he put 3 players in the pros during his 9 years.  he screwed the program and his players over in a deceitful manner and then attempted to hijack commitments.  i see that as relatively successful and a jackass, some apparently think we should rename the Al and part of the business.  My guess is you have no backbone and are a pushover.  sort of like the dude with goggles in the movie Dodge Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

detroitwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 02:36:12 PM »
Respnse....Oneil and Raymonds did better jobs at Mu than did Crean.  I am sorry but a cinderella run to a final four does not trump everything else.  kudos and credit on the FF run but it does not trump his other failings or the work of oneil and raymonds.  That put Cream at #4 minimum. 

lastly, I have never dimished what he did.  Some of you just like to embelsih it.  He went to the Ncaa just over half of the time.  We won just over 6 out of 10 games.  he put 3 players in the pros during his 9 years.  he screwed the program and his players over in a deceitful manner and then attempted to hijack commitments.  i see that as relatively successful and a jackass, some apparently think we should rename the Al and part of the business.  My guess is you have no backbone and are a pushover.  sort of like the dude with goggles in the movie Dodge Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mr. Hayward...I am afraid you are way off base on the comment that Raymonds did a better job than Crean. I am not a Crean fan and was at MU during the Raymonds years. He was a competent coach who inherited the great benefits that the 1977 championship and Al McGuire name brought to MU. His teams never won more than one round in the NCAA tournament . He was a great ambassador for MU and a competent coach but he cannot hold a candle to Crean success wise.
Once a warrior always a warrior.

jce

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »

Even if you are just going to dismiss it as a "cinderella run," O'Neill's best accomplishment was one sweet 16 appearance.   Raymonds never got out of the round of 32.

For you to say that they did better than Crean is just, frankly, really dumb.

Warrior Forever

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 02:43:01 PM »

#1 You consistently have at least 10 typos and misspellings in every post you have. I normally wouldn't bring this up, but when you are constantly blasting somebody, you should take the time to actually spell check and proof your posts. Poor typing just reflects the fact that you aren't putting a lot of thought in what you're posting, but rather just going with your emotions.

#2 You need to actually respond to people when they rebuke your posts. You seem to blast away, people rebuke and debunk your post... and then you just move to another thread and blast away again. If you want to have a conversation/debate about coach Crean, then let's have an accurate one. I have no problem with "agreeing to disagree" on certain topics... but at this point you don't really respond to what people post, you just keep blasting away with how Crean is evil. Again, you are entitled to your opinion, but be prepared to respond in an accurate manner. If you don't want to do that, well then I guess that is your prerogative, but don't expect any credibility, and be prepared to be labeled some sort of extremist.

Hey 2002 Alum.  I can only guess how many times you proofed this before posting.  Kudos for pointing out the poor grammar.  So many of today's youth can not construct a decent sentence, let alone spell a word correctly. 

PS - Crean is GONE.  Move on, folks.  Like I did throughout my college years and now, on an occasional Friday night, embrace the buzz.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »

He only had 17 in that last diatribe.  Thanks again mods for the ignore button.  It's awesome.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 02:55:22 PM »
Even if you are just going to dismiss it as a "cinderella run," O'Neill's best accomplishment was one sweet 16 appearance.   Raymonds never got out of the round of 32.

Not only that, the guy rants how he used MU to get a better job and I don't recall one negative comment toward KO doing the EXACT SAME THING...only he gave us just 5 years instead of the 9 Crean gave us.  Some really bad hatred going on....Crean Derangement Syndrome

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 03:07:41 PM »

no waht is really dumb is taking one piece of criteria and using as your entire basis for your comment. 

correct oneil had 1 sweet 16 i was at the sundome.  let us not forget Oneil took over a dukiet program  that had not been in a conference or in the NCAA ;s ina adecade, crean aprogram that had averaged 20 wins a year for the last 5 a few years off a couple NCAA bids with a few NBA players and was in a very good conference. 

comparing the two favorabley towards Tommy Naismith is ignorant.  Lust clouds ration.

additionally, oneil called his 4 recruits and personally told them to stay additionally he told them he would not take thdm at tennesse and publicly told the papers they should attend Mu.  Additonally he did not call any verbal commits and attempt to recruit them to his new program or slip out in the middle of the night or fail to tell his emplyer or players under the guise of a case of the flu!! 

Who needs to get over it.  maybe we should rename the university so you never forget who our coach was for the last nine years maybe everyone should get a amontage ob UAb, Western michigan, TCU, Tulsa, MSU, Alabama, etc flameouts...actually that is not even descriptive.  massacres, annihilationa dn embarrasments would be far more descriptive of our annual tournamnet flameouts 

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 03:33:40 PM »
"Lust clouds ration."

- What does that even mean?

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 03:38:24 PM »
"Lust clouds ration."

- What does that even mean?
It's what you enact if the demand for lust clouds exceeds the supply of lust clouds.

MUinCO

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 03:54:35 PM »

Couldn't disagree more.  That final four run did more for MU basketball than O'Neil ever did and more than any other coach since Al as a matter of fact.

BE Conference, money, exposure, recruit attention, respect, etc., etc.  How much money did the school raise in that one week prior to actually playing that FF game?  I'm sorry, but that FF game was a massive milestone in our program's history.  I'd hate to think where we'd be without it.

Don't get me wrong, O'Neil brought us back from the dead…Crean, despite all his shortcomings, actually got us back in the game again.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 03:56:18 PM by MUinCO »

nola03

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 04:39:40 PM »
Typically, I can't get enough of Schadenfreude but hayward's performance today has saddened me somewhat.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »
It's what you enact if the demand for lust clouds exceeds the supply of lust clouds.

Thanks for the laugh.  I needed it this afternoon.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »
I'll say it again, this guy can't be serious....can he?  This has to be an act.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 05:16:12 PM »

pathetic.

I don't think anyone on this board sounds more like a jilted ex than you.  Did crean and you have something going on?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 05:25:25 PM »
I'll say it again, this guy can't be serious....can he?  This has to be an act.

+1... I think it has to be... and I think I fell for it. Shame on me.

Also, this might be the funniest line I've read on this board.

"It's what you enact if the demand for lust clouds exceeds the supply of lust clouds."

Awesome stuff.

Haywerd, Eye taek bak wat I saed... yor rant our hilarios. Keap tham comming!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 08:08:31 PM »
I'll second all the smack Hayward said, I think.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 07:46:14 AM »
Mr. Hayward's posts are what Gary Woeful's stories look like before they get to an editor.