Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hayward  (Read 7493 times)

SPCMU06

• Walk-On
Re: Hayward
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
Regarding Hayward, Dickie V also had this to say on May 27th...(sorry if someone already posted this)

• If you are looking for a sleeper in the upcoming NBA draft, consider Marquette forward Lazar Hayward. He is a hard-working forward with a pro body and scouts will look back and see how well Wesley Matthews did as a rookie out of the same program. I have always loved the way he has played.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/news/story?id=5225951

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 11:49:20 PM »
Dickie V?  Lazar Hayward has a pro body?  I vote Paul Pierce for the ideal pro body.  It's like someone stuck a human head on a block of cheese.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 09:51:40 AM »
There was a pretty heated conversation earlier this season about a 3 point play by Lazar Hayward.  I looked for it on the message board but couldn't find it.

It was that play where he stole it at half court, raced down and dunked a foot inside the foul line and was fouled.  There was an idiot who was arguing that people were overly excited about it because it was just another 2 points.  I said that it was a highlight that some pro scouts would see and show Hayward has the athleticism some say he lacks.  Now that we have the pre-draft camp numbers, that athleticism can't be questioned.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:53:22 AM by TomW1365 »

greenman

• Starter
  • 4,000 MU Fans on WI. AVE after Kentucky in elite 8
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 10:10:37 AM »
There was a pretty heated conversation earlier this season about a 3 point play by Lazar Hayward.  I looked for it on the message board but couldn't find it.

It was that play where he stole it at half court, raced down and dunked a foot inside the foul line and was fouled.  There was an idiot who was arguing that people were overly excited about it because it was just another 2 points.  I said that it was a highlight that some pro scouts would see and show Hayward has the athleticism some say he lacks.  Now that we have the pre-draft camp numbers, that athleticism can't be questioned.

Might this be the play you were looking for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_vdbcdDLUY
"I don't give a damn if he can't do nothing else. He can shoot, and I love the way he shoots. I don't care if he can't dribble, can't rebound, can't play defense... that kid can shoot the ball." - Tracy McGrady on Steve Novak

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 10:14:37 AM »
Might this be the play you were looking for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_vdbcdDLUY

I remember thinking at the time that he looked like an NBA player during that play and I am no scout.