collapse

* Recent Posts

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by lawdog77
[Today at 01:25:20 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccinations & Antibodies  (Read 45803 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Vaccinations & Antibodies
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2021, 04:37:31 PM »

Yeah this is where I am as well.  Unless it is in heath care, I am not for a workplace requirement for vaccination either.

You know, we're living in a society.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2021, 04:42:31 PM »
You're opposed to requiring farmers that receive agricultural subsidies from abiding by certain land-use practices? Or corporations that receive economic incentives or credits from meeting hiring quotas?
Or do you mean individual benefits only?

Correct. Individual benefits.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2021, 05:15:00 PM »
You know, we're living in a society.

Yep. One that I believe is best served by giving people choices within certain parameters.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2021, 05:39:07 PM »
Yep. One that I believe is best served by giving people choices within certain parameters.

Virtually nobody disagrees with this, and least not here. The difference is where we set the parameters.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2021, 05:45:01 PM »

George Costanza would be disappointed in you.

• All American
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2021, 05:47:33 PM »
Virtually nobody disagrees with this, and least not here. The difference is where we set the parameters.

Right. I get that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2021, 07:28:20 PM »
When it comes to government requirements, I'm NOT pro vax mandate. I am pro vax OR regular testing mandate.

If a private organization wants to require vax (and not give a regular testing option) then that's their choice to make.

I further believe every government subsidy/benefit should be universal without means-testing or other requirements and that includes vaccines.

Technically, the Executive Order is mandated testing, with an exemption for vaccination.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2021, 06:23:54 PM »
COVID-19 surge in many states, especially in the southwest, and mostly among the unvaccinated.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2021, 07:45:02 PM »
COVID-19 surge in many states, especially in the southwest, and mostly among the unvaccinated.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Mostly in the Southwest??

MU82

• All American
« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2021, 07:41:01 AM »
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Mostly in the Southwest??

I had just heard an NPR report about how bad things were in Colorado and Arizona ... but thanks for supplying that link.

Yes, selfish and/or misinformed unvaccinated people from all across the United States -- but mostly from counties that voted for Trump -- continue to undermine efforts to return life to pre-pandemic normalcy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/08/briefing/covid-death-toll-red-america.html

In October, 25 out of every 100,000 residents of heavily Trump counties died from Covid, more than three times higher than the rate in heavily Biden counties (7.8 per 100,000). October was the fifth consecutive month that the percentage gap between the death rates in Trump counties and Biden counties widened.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2021, 08:24:02 AM »
Putting ivermectin in the drinking water like fluoride would fix that.
Tough to get it into wells, though.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2021, 08:46:48 AM »
Got my booster yesterday. Went with Pfizer after having gotten Moderna for the first 2 last spring.

I read up on it extensively and most felt that the "mix and match" approach would either give the same protection vs serious covid or perhaps even a little more, so the advice was to just go with whatever was available. And at my local CVS, they had the Pfizer.

So far, no adverse reaction.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 09:18:13 AM by MU82 »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2021, 08:51:55 AM »
In my state, Cops who contract COVID and die from it are deemed to have been killed in the line of duty. As a result they and their family get extensive benefits both from the state and federal level. All the while, most of them being anti-vax.

Meanwhile, teachers are vilified, and forced to teach regardless of prior health conditions, and in some cases and some states, are not allowed to even enforce a mask mandate. They contract and die of COVID and no one cares. Essentially shut up and teach.

Can anyone explain the logic of this to me.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2021, 08:57:14 AM »
In my state, Cops who contract COVID and die from it are deemed to have been killed in the line of duty. As a result they and their family get extensive benefits both from the state and federal level. All the while, most of them being anti-vax.

Meanwhile, teachers are vilified, and forced to teach regardless of prior health conditions, and in some cases and some states, are not allowed to even enforce a mask mandate. They contract and die of COVID and no one cares. Essentially shut up and teach.

Hero worship of police due to propaganda.  Not surprisingly because since 9/11 we treat them like members of the military.  Which is absolutely ridiculous.

We've been dragging teachers through the mud for 50 years, so that part isn't surprising.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2021, 09:05:59 AM »
Hero worship of police due to propaganda.  Not surprisingly because since 9/11 we treat them like members of the military.  Which is absolutely ridiculous.

We've been dragging teachers through the mud for 50 years, so that part isn't surprising.

87% of cops are male.
76% of teachers (and 89% of elementary school teachers) are female.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2021, 09:06:38 AM »

And it has killed more of them than anything else the last 18 months.

Yes, tearing down the teachers has been a recurring theme for a long time.   
And the anti-vaxxers are now doing it to health care workers.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2021, 09:10:18 AM »

Except when they're in your way to stop the steal, then they're communist stormtroopers sent to put down real patriots.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2021, 09:12:47 AM »

Which is ironic given how we treat military members after they complete their service

MU82

• All American
« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2021, 09:20:30 AM »
Except when they're in your way to stop the steal, then they're communist stormtroopers sent to put down real patriots.

Hey man ... when you gotta get to Mike Pence to hang him, those commie cops better not get in the way. Law and order, don'tcha know?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2021, 09:57:09 AM »
87% of cops are male.
76% of teachers (and 89% of elementary school teachers) are female.

90% of those incarcerated in the US are male

10% are female.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2021, 10:21:44 AM »

Better union positioning I would imagine.  Also, one is far more likely to die in the line of duty, thus provisions are more likely to be generous/standard for such a thing.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2021, 10:42:55 AM »

• All American
« Reply #197 on: November 12, 2021, 10:53:29 AM »
Better union positioning I would imagine.  Also, one is far more likely to die in the line of duty, thus provisions are more likely to be generous/standard for such a thing.

While this is undoubtedly true, I think the prevailing political narrative has been pro-police, and while not anti-teacher, has certainly not been supportive of education in a similar manner. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #198 on: November 12, 2021, 11:11:49 AM »

While this is undoubtedly true, I think the prevailing political narrative has been pro-police, and while not anti-teacher, has certainly not been supportive of education in a similar manner.

I don't disagree.  Just more speaking to why the risk benefits are unequal.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2021, 03:40:16 PM »
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/non%20sequitur

My meaningless statistic following your two meaningless statistics.

Just having a little fun.