[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reinhardt still suck?  (Read 3367 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Reinhardt still suck?
« on: January 14, 2017, 02:55:45 PM »
Crickets last 6-7 games.  The guy has been really good
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Reinhardt still suck?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 02:57:10 PM »
He's definitely turned a corner. With attrition, this is what we need from him.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 02:58:31 PM »
Playing with hurt achilles was def setting him back. After resting & recovering a different player
Goal is National Championship

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 02:59:07 PM »
I was very critical of Reinhardt and wondered why he was getting so much playing time. I am guessing Wojo has been talking to him and he is now doing way better at playing within the system and taking what he is given rather than forcing up a lot of awful shots. Kudos to him and to the coaching staff!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 03:02:07 PM »
I was very critical of Reinhardt and wondered why he was getting so much playing time. I am guessing Wojo has been talking to him and he is now doing way better at playing within the system and taking what he is given rather than forcing up a lot of awful shots. Kudos to him and to the coaching staff!
He was playing injured and they decided to rest him to recover. He sat couple of games rested the achilles and now is playing like expected.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 03:11:11 PM »
He was a chucker at the start of the year.  The ball would never leave his hands unless it was shot.  He is doing much better at being a team player lately.  Good to see!!

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »
He was playing injured and they decided to rest him to recover. He sat couple of games rested the achilles and now is playing like expected.

I was actually referring to the very start of the season. Like MUFanatic mentioned he would shoot if he touched the ball every time even if it was a bad shot. He is doing a much better job picking his spots and finding an open shooter when he doesn't have a clean shot.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »
He was a chucker at the start of the year.  The ball would never leave his hands unless it was shot.  He is doing much better at being a team player lately.  Good to see!!
He made a bad chuck last game. Never met a shot he did not absolutely love
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 04:00:56 PM »

This is true, hes playing much better now. I think he was trying too hard.  The thing inlike is hes a pretty good defender with some bulk and hes nice to bring in for jjj n duane when they go straight stupid.  Hes got a nice bball iq, 3 vs seton hall aside
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 04:04:10 PM »
He's a good player. It took him awhile to get acclimated and yes, he was forcing things early. Then he got banged up.

Few of the critics have bothered to comment on him at all since he came back from his injury. We have a lot of folks here who take the opposite of Mom's "if you can't say something nice" advice.

Wojo should be fired because MU didn't beat DePaul by 40.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »
He's a good player. It took him awhile to get acclimated and yes, he was forcing things early. Then he got banged up.

Few of the critics have bothered to comment on him at all since he came back from his injury. We have a lot of folks here who take the opposite of Mom's "if you can't say something nice" advice.

Wojo should be fired because MU didn't beat DePaul by 40.

You'd think some would have learned that with Lockett.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 04:09:23 PM »

Yep. And yet when a few of us brought up Lockett, the haters were like, "They are totally different players."

But that wasn't the point of bringing up Lockett. The comparison wasn't about their style of play. The comparison was to say, "Don't make a knee-jerk reaction - AGAIN - on a player who was very good for his previous team but probably needs some time to settle in here." And yet, the haters still tried to shout down anybody who defended Katin at all.

Some Scoopers never learn.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 04:14:28 PM »

Yep.  Looks like Katin is a guy willing to be coached.  Early on he didn't yet appreciate that several of his teammates could fill it up.  In conference I remember one bad shot.  He also does a lot of other things well including handling the ball and making free throws in crunch time.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 04:17:24 PM »
He made a bad chuck last game. Never met a shot he did not absolutely love

Who doesn't?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 06:02:18 PM »
I was actually referring to the very start of the season. Like MUFanatic mentioned he would shoot if he touched the ball every time even if it was a bad shot. He is doing a much better job picking his spots and finding an open shooter when he doesn't have a clean shot.
He was injured before start of season during practice. Didn't prevent from playing but hurt his driving and jumping. Then they decided to rest him.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 06:05:32 PM »

+1

And Carlino ... do I need to dig up the Carlino sucks post from the beginning of his season?

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2017, 06:07:41 PM »
Don't worry Reinhardt is one bad game from the Hatin' and Katin' posts to re-emerge.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2017, 06:26:18 PM »
He still makes me nervous with the "hair pin " trigger.  As long as he knows wojo has him on a string, maybe he gets it now?  Chuck up a shot not in the game plan, have a seat next to my buddy cam
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2017, 06:37:49 PM »
I do think there was a difference though.  The presumption with Lockett was that he was going to bring a lot of offense, and he didn't, but he did bring a lot of other things.  I think the frustration with Katin was that he was heaving up shots every time he touched the ball whether they were good looks or not.  He has cut that way down, which is why he has improved IMO.  He changed; I'm  not sure Trent did as much as people began to appreciate the non-scoring things he was doing.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2017, 07:15:18 PM »
I do think there was a difference though.  The presumption with Lockett was that he was going to bring a lot of offense, and he didn't, but he did bring a lot of other things.  I think the frustration with Katin was that he was heaving up shots every time he touched the ball whether they were good looks or not.  He has cut that way down, which is why he has improved IMO.  He changed; I'm  not sure Trent did as much as people began to appreciate the non-scoring things he was doing.

Maybe ... but before sitting out two games with injury, Reinhardt averaged 8.9 shots (including 5 3PT) over 9 games. In 5 games since, he is averaging 8.6 shots (including 6.2 3PT).

He is making a higher percentage of all shots, though - a streak that actually started against Wisconsin in the game before he sat out.

I don't have a shot chart to tell me if he actually has taken higher quality shots. I do tend to agree that, in general, his shot selection has improved.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 08:37:51 PM »
JJJ is the new chucker. Don't see him doing a lot besides chucking recently. He's been pretty selfish.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 08:43:49 PM »
JJJ is the new chucker. Don't see him doing a lot besides chucking recently. He's been pretty selfish.
You are completely correct and i totally agree with you............now, remind me again of the stats that back up our totally defensible position that JjJ is a chucker and selfish.  It's not for me, i'm well versed in the evidence, it's for a friend who doesn't follow MUBB as closely as we do.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 08:44:24 PM »
Great to see Katin playing so well.  Like others have said, the injury plus the acclimation time took a toll, but he has been amazing recently.  He could be a huge difference-maker down the stretch.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 09:18:15 PM »
what I love about KR is he's nasty. He is the one squawking to the other team at the FT line. He is the one bumping other players. He is the one yelling in the huddle when needed. Some on here don't think we need that guy but we absolutely need that guy.
He's a good shooter--good shooters shoot open shots even when they should run clock.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:49:13 PM by We R Final Four »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2017, 10:46:12 PM »
what I love about KR is he's nasty. He  He is the one squawking to the other team at the FT line. He is the one bumping other players. He is the one yelling in the huddle when needed. Some on here don't think we need that guy but we absolutely need that guy.
He's a good shooter--good shooters shoot open shots even when they should run clock.

Noticed this when I had good seats at MSG. Katin was chirping at the guy he was defending for the entirety of both games.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.