[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: $20 tickets is back!  (Read 11410 times)

panda

• All American
Re: $20 for remaining games
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2022, 08:12:18 AM »
I know that isn’t true.

Since Mu joined the old BE, most weeknight conference games are dictated by tv starts which are 6 or 8pm. 

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2022, 08:28:17 AM »
Every game has "national TV considerations" because every game will be televised nationally when all is said and done.  But when it comes down to it, willingness to go to a 7:00 game, but not an 8:00 game because it's too late is a bit weak.  Brewer games routinely last past 10:00 with a 7:00 first pitch.  An 8:00 tip is likely to finish earlier.

Maybe you should talk to my daughters who get up at 6 AM to go to work.

They are often “willing” to go to 8 PM (really 8:10 or 8:15 games) but they much prefer the 7 PM starts.

They don’t go to weeknight Brewers games either, which is why we get a weekend 10 pack.

Maybe we are the only group that is considering cutting back on full season tickets and just buying single game tickets with more attractive opponents and start times. As long as tickets with decent seats are so easy to come by I suspect that we aren’t alone.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2022, 08:31:28 AM »
Maybe you should talk to my daughters who get up at 6 AM to go to work.

They are often “willing” to go to 8 PM (really 8:10 or 8:15 games) but they much prefer the 7 PM starts.

They don’t go to weeknight Brewers games either, which is why we get a weekend 10 pack.

Maybe we are the only group that is considering cutting back on full season tickets and just buying single game tickets with more attractive opponents and start times. As long as tickets with decent seats are so easy to come by I suspect that we aren’t alone.

I doubt you are. But you’re complaining about tip times that have jumped around from 6:00 to 7:00 to 8:00 since you have had season tickets.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2022, 08:36:39 AM »
Lol. Guy can’t get rid of tickets in December for CBB and he thinks #mubb has a problem. Did you see some of the promotions the Bucks were running the past 6 weeks?  Did you check Seat Geek for Bucks games?

I assure you MU Athletics knows where it is.

Game times will be dictated by TV.  If an hour later screws up your bedtime so much, well sorry.  If you’re in a job where a 6pm start a few times a year is impossible, I’d recommend going to MU for college next time. 

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2022, 08:45:36 AM »

Here is the 2003-04 game schedule.

https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2003-04

Home game start times:  8:00, 8:00, 8:00, 8:00, 7:00, 5:30, 7:00, 8:00, 6:00, 11:00, 7:00, 8:00, 12:00, 6:00, 12:00

Wow. That is way before the every game is on national tv era.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2022, 09:40:05 AM »
Since Mu joined the old BE, most weeknight conference games are dictated by tv starts which are 6 or 8pm.

As I said and recognized several posts above.

I’ve been around and going to MU games a lot longer than 2005. I also think the NBE contract with Fox led to many more games on national cable channels.

In the 90’s I worked downtown and went to a lot of games right from work. I wouldn’t have been doing that for 8 PM starts.

I wonder how some of the season ticket holders who live farther away from downtown feel about start times, and whether some of them have caused them to miss games.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 09:45:02 AM by wisblue »

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2022, 09:49:17 AM »
Lol. Guy can’t get rid of tickets in December for CBB and he thinks #mubb has a problem. Did you see some of the promotions the Bucks were running the past 6 weeks?  Did you check Seat Geek for Bucks games?

I assure you MU Athletics knows where it is.

Game times will be dictated by TV.  If an hour later screws up your bedtime so much, well sorry.  If you’re in a job where a 6pm start a few times a year is impossible, I’d recommend going to MU for college next time.

Thank you for the kind, thoughtful response.

I think I addressed all of your concerns about my personal situation in earlier posts.

I appreciate your suggestion that I go to MU “next time”. But, my alma maters (which stack up favorably) prepared me very nicely for my career and at 70 I don’t anticipate going to college again.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 10:05:12 AM by wisblue »

Viper

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2022, 10:30:15 AM »
I personally think Covid has more to do with it than apathy.
don't disagree, although I know some folks have lost interest in the Milwaukee scene (friends car stolen recently), and team not exactly raking up W’s doesn’t help.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2022, 10:34:31 AM »

Here is the 2003-04 game schedule.

https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2003-04

Home game start times:  8:00, 8:00, 8:00, 8:00, 7:00, 5:30, 7:00, 8:00, 6:00, 11:00, 7:00, 8:00, 12:00, 6:00, 12:00

IMO people aren't going to the games for a number of reasons....television...Covid...apathy of some sort.  But game times doesn't look to be one of them.
just have to win the argument hey?

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2022, 10:41:55 AM »
just have to win the argument hey?

I’m pointing out that game times are things he has always had to deal with. You can ignore it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2022, 10:42:38 AM »
don't disagree, although I know some folks have lost interest in the Milwaukee scene (friends car stolen recently), and team not exactly raking up W’s doesn’t help.

Lol. I doubt many are skipping games because they don’t want their car stolen.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2022, 11:06:35 AM »

You’ll get shot in Milwaukee.  Stay in the ‘Quon
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2022, 07:23:23 PM »
You’ll get shot in Milwaukee.  Stay in the ‘Quon

Yeah our car was stolen today right out of the Fiserv lot.  And our Uber was shot at 6 times on the way home.  Then we were car jacked just before we made to the Shorewood city line.  And we can’t identify the car jackers bc they were wearing N95 masks.  It’s a whole thing. 

Hopefully we can recover our car by Tuesday.  Also anyone know if you can bring in pillows and sleeping bags. Those 8pm tips are MURDER.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2022, 12:29:13 AM »
Fairly empty arena today.

I imagine a fair amount has to do with COVID and a large number of no shows have to do with the state of the program and its losing ways. Likely to continue for a while.

I would personally love to go every week, but driving 2 hours makes that difficult and I'm not going to be driving to Milwaukee if the team isn't going to be competing for anything meaningful.
VIOLENCE!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2022, 12:49:38 AM »

I imagine a fair amount has to do with COVID and a large number of no shows have to do with the state of the program and its losing ways. Likely to continue for a while.

I would personally love to go every week, but driving 2 hours makes that difficult and I'm not going to be driving to Milwaukee if the team isn't going to be competing for anything meaningful.

Weather was biggest issue. I knew a lot of 312 / 773 fans who bailed bc they thought we were all gonna die via snow. 

Little do they know that in the 414 you die via gun shots / car jack. 

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2022, 01:17:19 AM »

I’m not down on Shaka or the team at all.  I anticipated this losing and am still watching every game On TV live or after the fact (even after a loss). But your second paragraph rings true to me because if the team was winning I would be much more willing to drive 3-4 hours to a game.  It’s just the reality for out of state fan's.  I would go to 3-4 games a year with my family or friends during the Buzz years.  That has slipped to 1 or maybe two a year during the Wojo years.  I plan on attending 1-2 this year.

I’m confident there are many fans like me out there. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2022, 06:16:23 AM »
Tons ( most ) games used to start at 7 ...

U guys can make light of it, but it’s almost impossible to even give away MU tickets.  That’s not good.  Lots of apathy.., not much winning... it’s a bad thing

I hope Shaka can turn it around.  I’m not yet convinced.
So Wojo-Dukiet and now Shaka have turned a once proud program into a mid major patsy?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2022, 06:43:33 AM »
So Wojo-Dukiet and now Shaka have turned a once proud program into a mid major patsy?

Bring Brian Wardle home
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2022, 03:35:59 PM »

Don't forget Winter Break.  The arena was missing a couple thousand students who are on break (not in town), and the ones in town decided 11:00 am is too early to go to a game most of their friends were missing after staying up half the night celebrating New Year's Eve.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2022, 04:00:56 PM »
Just a dumbass time to schedule a game...TV or no TV, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2022, 09:19:41 PM »

You wants the TV dough, you does what TV tells ya to do, nu?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2022, 06:50:18 AM »
As long as Lovett gets to tell people he has a parking spot at the prestigious Fiserv Forum it’s all gravy from MU perspective

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2022, 07:05:00 AM »
As long as Lovett gets to tell people he has a parking spot at the prestigious Fiserv Forum it’s all gravy from MU perspective

Lyle?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2022, 11:47:07 AM »

11 am, definitely, especially for two CST schools. But that's on Fox Sports, not MU.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2022, 11:47:54 AM »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”