[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1112585 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #11400 on: September 22, 2021, 04:14:37 PM »
Limitations
Our study has several limitations. The VA population is not representative of the US population as a whole, having few women and no children. We did not control for patients with baseline hypoxemia or oxygen requirement (common among VA patients) or for altitude, and thus some mild cases may have been misclassi�ed as moderate-to-severe. However, to ensure that severe cases are appropriately captured, a de�nition of high sensitivity is preferable to one favoring speci�city. Cases of severe COVID- 19 may have been admitted non-differentially to non-VA hospitals. Some Veterans may have been vaccinated outside of the VA, however, vaccines were typically available within the VA earlier than in the community. Finally, most of the data are from months before the more-transmissible delta variant became dominant. However, proportions of patients with moderate-to-severe respiratory distress or being treated with dexamethasone did not appear to be rising at the end of the observation period (6/30/21)

Thank you Rico!!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11401 on: September 22, 2021, 04:22:38 PM »
Without commenting on the study (seems Rico took care of that), I do worry that Pace seems to be getting his news these days from The Epoch Times.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11402 on: September 22, 2021, 04:33:07 PM »
Without commenting on the study (seems Rico took care of that), I do worry that Pace seems to be getting his news these days from The Epoch Times.

A reputable source like Redsteeze
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #11403 on: September 22, 2021, 04:38:11 PM »
No, Pakuni, it isn't about vaccine mandates at all, it was all about something a hostess allegedly said (which nobody else heard):

Amid the dueling accounts, a Black Lives Matter activist said his group planned to demonstrate outside Carmine’s on Monday to protest the treatment of Black patrons. “Restaurants are using vaccine mandates to enforce their racist beliefs and excluding Black patrons,” said Hawk Newsome, the co-founder and chairman of Black Lives Matter Greater New York.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/18/nyregion/carmines-vaccination-fight.html

To BLM, everything is racist. I guess the leader needs another house...
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11404 on: September 22, 2021, 05:04:16 PM »
No, Pakuni, it isn't about vaccine mandates at all, it was all about something a hostess allegedly said (which nobody else heard):

Amid the dueling accounts, a Black Lives Matter activist said his group planned to demonstrate outside Carmine’s on Monday to protest the treatment of Black patrons. “Restaurants are using vaccine mandates to enforce their racist beliefs and excluding Black patrons,” said Hawk Newsome, the co-founder and chairman of Black Lives Matter Greater New York.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/18/nyregion/carmines-vaccination-fight.html

To BLM, everything is racist. I guess the leader needs another house...

I mean, you're still not reading your own links, even when you cut and paste them.

Amid the dueling accounts, a Black Lives Matter activist said his group planned to demonstrate outside Carmine’s on Monday to protest the treatment of Black patrons.

Not "to protest vaccine mandates." To "protest the treatment of Black patrons."
If it were all about vaccine mandates, as you say, why aren't they protesting all restaurants? Theaters? Concert venues? Sports arenas?

By the way, how do you know who heard what?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 05:10:19 PM by Pakuni »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11405 on: September 22, 2021, 05:04:46 PM »

Not keeping up with these things, I had to do some googling.  Quite the glowing reviews!  "Epoch Times is a news site that primarily runs anti-West, anti-American and pro-Kremlin content – a high proportion of this content is based on unverified information"

https://www.isdglobal.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Make-Germany-Great-Again-ENG-061217.pdf

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11406 on: September 22, 2021, 05:06:19 PM »
Surprising no one.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11407 on: September 22, 2021, 05:34:31 PM »

Thank you Pakuni!

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11408 on: September 22, 2021, 05:36:09 PM »
Not keeping up with these things, I had to do some googling.  Quite the glowing reviews!  "Epoch Times is a news site that primarily runs anti-West, anti-American and pro-Kremlin content – a high proportion of this content is based on unverified information"

https://www.isdglobal.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Make-Germany-Great-Again-ENG-061217.pdf

Thank you Rocky!  Any thoughts on the studies referenced in the article?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11409 on: September 22, 2021, 05:36:36 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11410 on: September 22, 2021, 05:40:12 PM »
https://m.theepochtimes.com/study-covid-19-hospitalization-numbers-might-be-significantly-inflated_4006913.html/amp?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=digitalsub&__twitter_impression=true

More recent data and looking at adult population showing a large chunk of “c19” hospitalizations are with asymptomatic patients who are hospitalized for entirely other reasons.

You're going to want to stop citing the Epoch times if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11411 on: September 22, 2021, 05:44:27 PM »

They're owned by Falun Gong.

If you've got 20 minutes, this is worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck2sV-8ghE4

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11412 on: September 22, 2021, 05:58:21 PM »
You're going to want to stop citing the Epoch times if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Classic.  Can’t argue the information so instead attack the messenger.  You’re right maybe I should just trust these new sources, they never purposely lie/mislead.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1440744189281533966

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11413 on: September 22, 2021, 06:11:23 PM »
Classic.  Can’t argue the information so instead attack the messenger.  You’re right maybe I should just trust these new sources, they never purposely lie/mislead.

I don't need to argue the 'information' since it widely considered garbage when it is presented by the Epoch Times.  They're literally propaganda. 

Also, Glenn Greenwald is totally off his nut at this point.  He has been since he left the Intercept in a huff just under a year ago.  He's turned into a twitter debate-lord who can't admit he makes mistakes, and views himself as completely infallible.   He has put out some good journalism in the past, but that doesn't mean everything he does is as gold as his work in Brazil.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11414 on: September 22, 2021, 06:12:43 PM »

Classic deflection and whataboutism.  Linked initial article from a questionable source and failed to even read the findings.  I’m impressed
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11415 on: September 22, 2021, 06:15:23 PM »
I don't need to argue the 'information' since it widely considered garbage when it is presented by the Epoch Times.  They're literally propaganda. 

Also, Glenn Greenwald is totally off his nut at this point.  He has been since he left the Intercept in a huff just under a year ago.  He's turned into a twitter debate-lord who can't admit he makes mistakes, and views himself as completely infallible.   He has put out some good journalism in the past, but that doesn't mean everything he does is as gold as his work in Brazil.

Only the stuff you agree with right.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11416 on: September 22, 2021, 06:22:52 PM »
Only the stuff you agree with right.

You don't even have a clue what I 'agree' with.  I was taught to read the article, not just the headline.  I was taught to verify the veracity of the sources presented.  I was taught to follow the money. 

All things you clearly weren't.

Take your emotions out of this and do your own due diligence before posting hot garbage and expecting the people here to pretend it's prime rib... Unless you love getting dunked on repeatedly... but you do strike me as a masochist in that regard, so who really knows.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/  Also, google is your friend.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11417 on: September 22, 2021, 07:03:49 PM »
Thank you Pakuni!

Just hoping you don't fall down the Q hole.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11418 on: September 22, 2021, 08:12:13 PM »
You don't even have a clue what I 'agree' with.  I was taught to read the article, not just the headline.  I was taught to verify the veracity of the sources presented.  I was taught to follow the money. 

All things you clearly weren't.

Take your emotions out of this and do your own due diligence before posting hot garbage and expecting the people here to pretend it's prime rib... Unless you love getting dunked on repeatedly... but you do strike me as a masochist in that regard, so who really knows.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/  Also, google is your friend.

You act like it was the staff of the Epoch times who did the retrospective studies.  By poo pooing this article it’s not the Epoch times legitimacy your questioning it’s the medical professionals at Tufts, Harvard Medical School, and the VA who did the work.  So let’s take the messenger out of it.  Below is PDF to the study.  Thoughts on that?

https://assets.researchsquare.com/files/rs-898254/v1/f2800895-4df3-4945-85ae-c1be66aaca23.pdf?c=1631889328

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11419 on: September 22, 2021, 08:13:03 PM »
Just hoping you don't fall down the Q hole.

ROFLMAO 🤣 Good one Pakuni, didn’t know you had that kind of humor in you!!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11420 on: September 22, 2021, 08:49:52 PM »
Thank you Rocky!  Any thoughts on the studies referenced in the article?

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11421 on: September 22, 2021, 08:51:14 PM »
You act like it was the staff of the Epoch times who did the retrospective studies.  By poo pooing this article it’s not the Epoch times legitimacy your questioning it’s the medical professionals at Tufts, Harvard Medical School, and the VA who did the work.  So let’s take the messenger out of it.  Below is PDF to the study.  Thoughts on that?

https://assets.researchsquare.com/files/rs-898254/v1/f2800895-4df3-4945-85ae-c1be66aaca23.pdf?c=1631889328

You're misrepresenting what I said.  I'm poo pooing the article on it's face because it is inflammatory nonsense.  Why does it matter to anyone how many hospitalizations there are due to Covid?  Saying they're Covid related hospitalizations vs hospitalizations due to severe Covid is semantics.  And that is a job best left to reporting of data.  If you want to argue that this matters one bit, go off, king. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11422 on: September 22, 2021, 09:04:56 PM »
You're misrepresenting what I said.  I'm poo pooing the article on it's face because it is inflammatory nonsense.  Why does it matter to anyone how many hospitalizations there are due to Covid?  Saying they're Covid related hospitalizations vs hospitalizations due to severe Covid is semantics.  And that is a job best left to reporting of data.  If you want to argue that this matters one bit, go off, king.

Why does it matter how many hospitalizations are associated to Covid, you serious Clark? #keepsciencing right Tower!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #11423 on: September 22, 2021, 09:10:29 PM »

lol. Is this where we are really at, finding info on epoch times.

Sad, sad times indeed.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11424 on: September 22, 2021, 09:12:17 PM »
They're owned by Falun Gong.

If you've got 20 minutes, this is worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck2sV-8ghE4

They have a trippy ass logo tho!

feedback