* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129755 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #9850 on: March 03, 2021, 02:30:49 PM »
Nah, man. You should do it ALL the time. YOU should be the one to decide whether to put yourself and others at risk, not Big Gubmint.

Huh?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #9851 on: March 03, 2021, 02:36:31 PM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9852 on: March 03, 2021, 02:37:29 PM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #9853 on: March 03, 2021, 02:47:05 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNBC/status/1367154551564820485

I’ve posted a lot of garbage and bad links in the last 12 months including some stuff from RT🤦‍♂️ But this interview with Scotty G is sososo spot on and well worth a listen if you can ignore the racist language a bit.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9854 on: March 03, 2021, 02:54:11 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #9855 on: March 03, 2021, 03:00:27 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1367201197845712896

Here it comes!!

I've heard Dr. Offit on other platforms and he's been optimistic about the vaccine ending the need for masks once enough shots get into arms. I'll have to find the full interview.

Regardless, I do think there's a decent chance these measures stick beyond COVID.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #9856 on: March 03, 2021, 03:05:23 PM »
Good dodge

I honestly couldn’t make out what your response meant.  Not dodging anything, I prefer to spell it DOGE also.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9857 on: March 03, 2021, 03:26:15 PM »
You're implying that migrants are somehow more careless about covid than the average American.  You see how that is a tad on the racist side, right?

And no one should fly if they are covid positive, so what's your point?

only you and a few others here would see "racism" in there...that's getting really old.  you are the one doing the implying.  you have a racist mind?  no implication here at all.  while we are trying to manage and decrease our covid numbers, the dementia dude is blowing the dog whistle to come on in!  no, not dog whistle...a blow horn!  you are aware of the fact that the illegals coming up to and thru our border are of many races too, right?  so, you should have just called me a xenophobe, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9858 on: March 03, 2021, 03:28:41 PM »
only you and a few others here would see "racism" in there...that's getting really old.  you are the one doing the implying.  you have a racist mind?  no implication here at all.  while we are trying to manage and decrease our covid numbers, the dementia dude is blowing the dog whistle to come on in!  no, not dog whistle...a blow horn!  you are aware of the fact that the illegals coming up to and thru our border are of many races too, right?  so, you should have just called me a xenophobe, eyn'a?

Where does the idea that somehow Biden is more diminished than Trump come from?

I find these talking points to be exceedingly weird and not terribly accurate.  I guess I am not that surprised.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9859 on: March 03, 2021, 03:44:42 PM »

I find these talking points to be exceedingly weird and not terribly accurate.  I guess I am not that surprised.

Agreed. Im pretty sure most here can agree Biden is definitely senile. The fact that a whole side cannot see that in their own guy is baffling.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9860 on: March 03, 2021, 04:06:31 PM »
Agreed. Im pretty sure most here can agree Biden is definitely senile. The fact that a whole side cannot see that in their own guy is baffling.

That's what happens when one is in a cult.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9861 on: March 03, 2021, 06:50:30 PM »
Dude, you know the answer to that.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9862 on: March 03, 2021, 07:14:11 PM »

Straight outta last year's CPAC speech. And once he says it, the base considers it the gospel truth.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-jokes-biden-wont-be-governing-as-president-hell-be-in-a-home

President Trump used part of his CPAC speech on Saturday to criticize former Vice President Joe Biden's mental acuity, joking that he wouldn't be able to handle being president if he won in November.

"How could you be easier to beat than Joe? The guy can't put two sentences together," Trump told a crowd of conservatives.

He added that Biden's "not going to be running the government. He's just going to be sitting in a home someplace and people are going to be running it for him."

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #9863 on: March 03, 2021, 08:03:44 PM »
Well that didn’t age well.....

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #9864 on: March 03, 2021, 08:43:45 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9865 on: March 04, 2021, 08:47:02 AM »
Well that didn’t age well.....

Be nice. QAnon says today is Trump's "second coming," so the cultists are on edge.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9866 on: March 04, 2021, 10:42:06 AM »
Should vaccinated people count toward capacity?

Just saw the capacity limits for the Brewers and was thinking if you get 25% capacity of "open tickets" and then make the rest available to clearly vaccinated parties why shouldn't they be able to go without restriction?
Maigh Eo for Sam

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #9867 on: March 04, 2021, 10:55:03 AM »

Just saw the capacity limits for the Brewers and was thinking if you get 25% capacity of "open tickets" and then make the rest available to clearly vaccinated parties why shouldn't they be able to go without restriction?

👏👏

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #9868 on: March 04, 2021, 10:57:24 AM »

I think that should be the expectation across the board.  March madness, NBA, etc...

Make tickets available only online aside from the 25% “open tickets” can be purchased at the window and when you buy online you need to upload your vaccination card.  Make those electronic tickets no transferable and away you go!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9869 on: March 04, 2021, 11:08:59 AM »
I think that should be the expectation across the board.  March madness, NBA, etc...

Make tickets available only online aside from the 25% “open tickets” can be purchased at the window and when you buy online you need to upload your vaccination card.  Make those electronic tickets no transferable and away you go!

Right I think this makes sense. Obviously there's ways to game the system however not every person in the 25% will be unvaxed as well so it should even out.

I just think we're at a decent enough vaccine rate where we can discuss situations like this.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warrior2008

• Starter
« Reply #9870 on: March 04, 2021, 11:19:25 AM »

I'm happy they're allowing 25% capacity, but the banning of tailgating is just plain stupid.  Where do Milwaukee health officials think Brewer fans will go before games if they can't tailgate? Its quite simple, the bars on Bluemound.  So what's safer, tailgating in a huge parking lot with 25% capacity or drinking and eating in a poorly ventilated bar?  I mean if you're gonna allow the 25% into a smaller confined space(Miller Park) in the first place, why can't you let them tailgate in a much larger physical space like the parking lot?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9871 on: March 04, 2021, 11:21:04 AM »
I'm happy they're allowing 25% capacity, but the banning of tailgating is just plain stupid.  Where do Milwaukee health officials think Brewer fans will go before games if they can't tailgate? Its quite simple, the bars on Bluemound.  So what's safer, tailgating in a huge parking lot with 25% capacity or drinking and eating in a poorly ventilated bar?  I mean if you're gonna allow the 25% into a smaller confined space(Miller Park) in the first place, why can't you let them tailgate in a much larger physical space like the parking lot?

Wow yeah that's stupid
Maigh Eo for Sam

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #9872 on: March 04, 2021, 11:24:11 AM »
i think Brewers management is worried about some crazy stuff happening in the parking lots that would subject the organization to criticism.  Bad optics that would be spread around and reflect poorly on the Brewers.  You guys are right, it makes no sense from a health standpoint. 
Ludum habemus.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9873 on: March 04, 2021, 11:51:19 AM »
Fake/forged vaccine cards.

Bad idea.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9874 on: March 04, 2021, 12:11:34 PM »
Fake/forged vaccine cards.

Bad idea.

I mean, you can just download it an print it off at Kinkos (do those still exist?)
https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccination-card.pdf

feedback