[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Taylor that Good?  (Read 1894 times)

esotericmindguy

• All American
Taylor that Good?
« on: April 16, 2008, 04:07:59 PM »
Serious question, the guy won't come to Marquette even though he's all but gauranteed 3 years at the point???  If he doesn't think he can outplay Acker or Cubillan for playing time this year then who needs him? 

Is he really good enough to step into a major college program and run the point as a freshman??? 

How about, this is a great opportunity to come to a major basketball program, where bball is king and learn from a 4 year starter how to run a team? 

It has to be Crean recruiting him away from Marquette, ugh.

Markusquette

• All American
Re: Taylor that Good?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 04:34:42 PM »
There is no doubt that Tyshawn is a pretty talented player from what I have seen and read, but he is hyped up being on one of the best HS teams in the nation.  I think Hurley is really trying to make some decisions for Taylor, even though it might not be very obvious.

I agree with you in the fact that if he thinks competing with Cubillan and Acker will be hard, because it really is not if you work hard.  Also, he most likely would get the starting role at PG after James leaves.  If he doesn't want to come here, so be it.  I am not going to dwell on the fact that a 3 star, over-hyped shooting guard (playing point for us) does not want to play for us.  Let's just focus on getting some guys who want to play here.

detroitwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 06:44:52 PM »
I will take the attitude and statements of Fulce and Erik Williams ( both who want to come and get a Jesuit education at Marquette and had positive things to say about the University) over the attitude of a guy who could simply have asked for his release like Nick Williams and received it without sending conflicting signals and allowing his coach ( who is certainly to be commended for looking out for his player and wanting him to be comfortable wherever he goes) to needlessly bash Marquette in public instead of behind the scenes.
Once a warrior always a warrior.

mudiehard

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 08:25:43 PM »
Good point and the same thing could be said about Shumpert...he was also afraid of a little thing called competition.  Then again what do you expect from individuals who have had everything handed to them there whole life...TT and IS get some and compete!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 07:24:24 AM »
I really do not think he was afraid of the competition. I think he always wanted to play for the most high profile program. At the time he committed, MU was his most high profiled option. He had some overtures from Kansas and North Carolina, but he was not a serious recruit for them. He can now possibly sign with even a higher profile program with an experience coach. I think he tried to get out graciously by giving Buzz a chance to talk to him. I do think Hurley overreacted. There was no reason to be demanding in the press for MU to release him from his LOI.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 08:02:31 AM »
I really do not think he was afraid of the competition. I think he always wanted to play for the most high profile program. At the time he committed, MU was his most high profiled option. He had some overtures from Kansas and North Carolina, but he was not a serious recruit for them. He can now possibly sign with even a higher profile program with an experience coach. I think he tried to get out graciously by giving Buzz a chance to talk to him. I do think Hurley overreacted. There was no reason to be demanding in the press for MU to release him from his LOI.

+1

I think that sums it up perfectly.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:45:58 AM »
So Taylor would rather go to a program that regarded him as a second option?  The only reason they are recruiting him now is because of players moving to the pros.  If he's truly worried about playing time, then Kansas and NC are not the schools to go to, they consistently pull top recruiting classes each year.

I believe he wants to go to Indiana but doesn't want that public.  Its the only thing that makes sense.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 08:48:52 AM »

MU was not his most high profile option, UNC offered him a scholarship days before he committed to MU.  If he was only worried about the program profile, he would have gone there and happily been the new version of Quentin Thomas.

feedback