Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Imagine...  (Read 12905 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2018, 03:35:37 PM »
Yah....no.

You’re a bullheaded dude. We really should have lost last night. Big W and very much needed. Hopefully this team uses it as a springboard and continues to improve.

Um, you lost me here.

We did the things we needed to win, but?????

Theo missed a bunch of bunnies last night. Sh1t, we actually blew these guys out, even though the score says otherwise. Hell, HANG A BANNER!!!!

Uggggh Rant not pointed at you.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2018, 03:49:00 PM »
Um, you lost me here.

We did the things we needed to win, but?????

Theo missed a bunch of bunnies last night. Sh1t, we actually blew these guys out, even though the score says otherwise. Hell, HANG A BANNER!!!!

Uggggh Rant not pointed at you.

Well for one, we technically lost by 1. Game would have been played differently though so just a really tough break for Louisville and great break for us. And then the final play of the game - high major D1 teams are going to score there 9/10 times. We got incredibly lucky, and the fact that the guy missed a point blank tap in as time expired was incredibly fortunate. And then we still gave them another look!!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2018, 04:06:47 PM »
Well for one, we technically lost by 1. Game would have been played differently though so just a really tough break for Louisville and great break for us. And then the final play of the game - high major D1 teams are going to score there 9/10 times. We got incredibly lucky, and the fact that the guy missed a point blank tap in as time expired was incredibly fortunate. And then we still gave them another look!!

You completely missed my point.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2018, 04:57:34 PM »
Well for one, we technically lost by 1.

Actually, technically we won by 1, since all OT wins are counted as 1-point victories regardless of margin.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2018, 05:29:12 PM »
Actually, technically we won by 1, since all OT wins are counted as 1-point victories regardless of margin.

And really, technically had the offensive foul on Anim been called a defensive foul like it was eventually determined, it would have been an and-1 situation. So, technically we won by one in regulation.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2018, 07:25:06 PM »
nm

Class71

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2018, 09:27:13 PM »
Well there is considerable discussion that we had a great win or we should have lost. We also try to predict what will happen in the future with certainty. The problem is none of this is meaningful. It is just one opinion versus another.

We need to focus on the facts. They are:

1) We have played against 3 good teams and we are 1-2.

2) Our play in those 3 games was mixed. One great half, one blowout loss and a third that we won with flawed execution.

3) We have 4+ years of experience with the current coach.who has mixed results.

From the above draw your own conclusions as to how this season will turn out. We all have opinions.

For me I want to be optimistic but I do not believe the facts support high expectations. Whatever your opinion is fine with me. Just remember none of us know what will happen with certainty. So how about we let the season play out and end the personal attacks.I do not believe anyone wins with them.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:32:25 PM by Class71 »
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2018, 09:30:48 PM »
From the able draw your own conclusions as to how this season will turn out. We all have opinions.

But we don't have to draw any conclusions - by early April we'll have all the answers, and we can try to enjoy the ride.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2018, 10:55:46 PM »
And really, technically had the offensive foul on Anim been called a defensive foul like it was eventually determined, it would have been an and-1 situation. So, technically we won by one in regulation.

They don't want to hear that........gets in the way of the whining about not winning impressively enough.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2018, 11:10:18 PM »
The three point call was a tough break for Louisville. To say it would have been a one point loss of it had been called correctly is impossible to say.  Basketball is about momentum. Maybe that would have given the Cards more momentum and we get blown out. Maybe bring down by one more point causes Markus to attempt a three instead of a two at some point in the first half and when he makes it that gets him locked in and we win a laugher. Probably somewhere in between. It's impossible for any of us to know.

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2018, 01:49:57 AM »
This is Year 5. We’re not supposed to be building, we’re supposed to be built.

The “we hung around with Kansas stuff” was for years 3 & 4.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2018, 03:31:15 AM »
This is Year 5. We’re not supposed to be building, we’re supposed to be built.

The “we hung around with Kansas stuff” was for years 3 & 4.
Al was 1-11 against #1's.    When, exactly, in MU's long history, has losing to a #2 team by single digits been a cause for this much despair?     We played 10 really bad minutes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2018, 05:52:41 AM »
Al was 1-11 against #1's.    When, exactly, in MU's long history, has losing to a #2 team by single digits been a cause for this much despair?     We played 10 really bad minutes.

This. For the record Buzz Williams was 0-8 vs the top 5, Crean 3-5 against the top 5. So in none of the best eras of MU history should we have expected to win that game.

Also by my count Al was 1-10 against the top 5. Could you tell me where you got the 1-11 stat? 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 07:51:24 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2018, 07:36:03 AM »
This is the age of the internet, so everything is magnified , parsed and hyper reviewed ad nauseam.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2018, 11:02:46 AM »
The three point call was a tough break for Louisville. To say it would have been a one point loss of it had been called correctly is impossible to say.  Basketball is about momentum. Maybe that would have given the Cards more momentum and we get blown out. Maybe bring down by one more point causes Markus to attempt a three instead of a two at some point in the first half and when he makes it that gets him locked in and we win a laugher. Probably somewhere in between. It's impossible for any of us to know.
The guy traveled. So in reality those 2 points should be taken off the score. Just kidding but as always things regress to the mean and we won because we ended up playing better. Our overall effort was better they missed, maybe our D was in their head when they tried to win in regulation, pressure, it is all relative, thst is my hypothetical.
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2018, 08:13:35 PM »
Imagine what this board would look like if MU lost to a PSU team with losses to DePaul and Bradley.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2018, 11:16:49 PM »
Imagine what this board would look like if MU lost to a PSU team with losses to DePaul and Bradley.

Imagine if there were a thread devoted to that exact topic...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2018, 11:19:14 PM »
This. For the record Buzz Williams was 0-8 vs the top 5, Crean 3-5 against the top 5. So in none of the best eras of MU history should we have expected to win that game.

Also by my count Al was 1-10 against the top 5. Could you tell me where you got the 1-11 stat?

Yuppers
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2018, 06:26:32 AM »
Imagine if there were a thread devoted to that exact topic...

Imagine if someone makes a post first and then a new thread about the topic comes up...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2018, 07:43:30 AM »
Good thin' wee don't play Dook, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2018, 08:07:35 AM »
Good thin' wee don't play Dook, hey?
Meh, they are only #3 right now.  We've already played #2.  Duke's best is better than anybody else's best right now.  But a long season awaits.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2018, 04:33:53 PM »
Imagine ...

If we had lost at home to Radford ...

... even though we had the best coach in basketball history!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2018, 04:39:06 PM »
Imagine ...

If we had lost at home to Radford ...

... even though we had the best coach in basketball history!

Stew Morrill is back???

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2018, 04:39:57 PM »

Stew Morrill is back???

Legendary.

Welcome back.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2018, 04:45:47 PM »
Legendary.

Welcome back.

As my Sout-side Chicago fadder-in-law likes to say ...

Tanks!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback