Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting: Buzz right back on the road  (Read 45581 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Recruiting: Buzz right back on the road
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:37:38 PM »
‏@JBBauer612
Buzz "traveling west" today to see '15 Henry Ellenson (Rice Lake HS) '14 Reid Travis (DeLaSalle), both MN PnR kids #mubb

-------------------
Henry's team lost to Onalaska (led by traditional Matt Thomas, an ISU commit for '13) in the sectionals... Minnesota's playoff schedule is a little later than WI... just getting started this week. De plays a quarterfinal sectional game tomorrow night at home.

Reid's DeLaSalle team is the favorite to win state this year (again).

Rice Lake is a good 100 miles from downtown Minneapolis, where DeLaSalle is.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Recruiting: Buzz right back on the road
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:12:10 PM »
Word from Chris Monter here in the Twin Cities is that Buzz is heading back to MN to see 2014 F Reid Travis again (sounds like 3p tomorrow).

Minnesota Pump N Run is now D1 Minnesota. Reid has moved from D1 Minnesota over to Howard Pulley where he'll play with 2014 PG Tyus Jones in the EYBL.

2015 F Henry Ellenson is still with D1 Minnesota - he'll be playing with their 16U team this weekend, who is playing up in the 17U bracket at the Minnesota Comets Shootout in St. Cloud, MN.  Their stiffest competition there may prove to be Net Gain Sports where 2014 Rashad Vaughn played a year ago.

This season Rashad has joined Wisconsin Playground Elite where Duane Wilson was a year ago. They are still in the EYBL.. Jerelle Deberry from Milwaukee also is on that PGE team.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 12:45:57 AM »
Thanks for the updates Jay Bee.  Love hearing about Buzz on the recruiting trail.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 01:27:48 AM »
5 Star Recruits reported that Marquette and Florida state both visited 5-star SG Ahmed Hill today.

TWITTA TRACKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:

@MedHill_14 "Had 2 great in-home visits today! Went better than I thought!"
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 04:24:38 AM »
5 Star Recruits reported that Marquette and Florida state both visited 5-star SG Ahmed Hill today.

TWITTA TRACKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:

@MedHill_14 "Had 2 great in-home visits today! Went better than I thought!"

Rather tepid endorsement. "Hey, it was better than a stick in the eye..." Not encouraging.

Death on call

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 08:06:37 AM »
Rather tepid endorsement. "Hey, it was better than a stick in the eye..." Not encouraging.
hahaha
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 08:39:41 AM »

Really? I disagree. Probably thought going in there would be no way he'd go to Milwaukee. Came out liking it.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 08:56:56 AM »
Buzz 'bout ta start stackin' classes

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »
Word from Chris Monter here in the Twin Cities is that Buzz is heading back to MN to see 2014 F Reid Travis again (sounds like 3p tomorrow).

Minnesota Pump N Run is now D1 Minnesota. Reid has moved from D1 Minnesota over to Howard Pulley where he'll play with 2014 PG Tyus Jones in the EYBL.

2015 F Henry Ellenson is still with D1 Minnesota - he'll be playing with their 16U team this weekend, who is playing up in the 17U bracket at the Minnesota Comets Shootout in St. Cloud, MN.  Their stiffest competition there may prove to be Net Gain Sports where 2014 Rashad Vaughn played a year ago.

This season Rashad has joined Wisconsin Playground Elite where Duane Wilson was a year ago. They are still in the EYBL.. Jerelle Deberry from Milwaukee also is on that PGE team.

I don't see Reid Travis committing to MU being that he is also a standout football player. He also wants to play football where ever he goes. Michigan State isthe front runner I believe.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:15:07 AM by Dreadman24 »

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 10:00:01 AM »
What's the deal on Nick Noskowiak from Sun Prairie?  I saw Mark Miller say something about Marquette strongly showing interest.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 10:08:29 AM »
What's the deal on Nick Noskowiak from Sun Prairie?  I saw Mark Miller say something about Marquette strongly showing interest.

Has a bunch of mid-major offers...I guess I shouldn't be including Creighton as a mid-major any longer...but the high major schools are showing interest now.  Including apparently Florida. 

Big time shooter.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 10:09:50 AM »
JayBee, any truth to the rumor that Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor have an agreement that they are going to the same college?

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 10:14:22 AM »

I don't see Reid Travis committing to MU being that he is also a standout football player. He also wants to play football where ever he goes. Michigan State isthe front runner I believe.

What about the longest running college football club??

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 10:29:29 AM »
Is it just me or does it seem like Ellenson to Becky is a foregone conclusion. His game looks like it fits Bo's system perfectly.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 10:32:04 AM »
Is it just me or does it seem like Ellenson to Becky is a foregone conclusion. His game looks like it fits Bo's system perfectly.

Don't be fooled by the traditional exterior - dude is super athletic, not exactly a Becky plodder.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »

I wouldn't make that assumption.  Don't under-estimate how much Buzz and Marquette's recent success has done in the eyes of many in-state kids.  From my understanding, it really has turned some heads.  

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 10:36:12 AM »

Cause he is a white boy from the country?

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 10:39:23 AM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
JayBee, any truth to the rumor that Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor have an agreement that they are going to the same college?

They've said as much on Twitter in the past.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 10:48:17 AM »

Partly. Partly bc he seems to like to shoot the tray and handle the ball on the perimeter. Also for a supposedly athletic kid I haven't seen him dunk in his videos. Also, didn't his dad transfer from MU to a Big 10 school?
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 10:51:40 AM »
They've said as much on Twitter in the past.

Thanks Brew.

thehammock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 10:55:18 AM »
Jaybee...I saw Evan Daniels report that Buzz is meeting with Rashad Vaughn today. You had mentioned that Rashad switched AAU programs. Does the switch to that program/ the MU connection give MU a legit shot at Rashad? Thx

MarkMiller

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 10:59:41 AM »

Nick Noskowiak has offers from Creighton and Iowa State and Northern Iowa. Marquette will be watching closely next weekend in Dallas at an Adidas event. Noskowiak likes MU's style of play and would be very interested should MU extend an offer.

Can play either guard spot, excellent passer, smart kid who manages a game very well. Good shooter.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 11:05:48 AM »
Also, didn't his dad transfer from MU to a Big 10 school?

The kids of Doc Rivers and Wes Matthews have led me to stop making assumptions about where the kids of a former player will commit....

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »

Hpw you say...Terrell Schlundt?

Death on call