'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rest easy, probably not tomorrow  (Read 3570 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Rest easy, probably not tomorrow
« on: March 25, 2014, 08:49:04 PM »
Just got a text from someone who would know...Shaka is on the list and they have had talks, but "nothing is nearly as close as media is making it sound."  Basically reiterating what BigDaddy said.  If Shaka is indeed #1 on Marquette's list, it does not sound like it will be coming out tomorrow.  We shall see.

Edit: The good news is it sounds like they have not heard Shaka has not turned down the job.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
Re: Rest easy, probably not tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »
Just got a text from someone who would know...Shaka is on the list and they have had talks, but "nothing is nearly as close far away as media is making it sound."  Basically reiterating what BigDaddy said.  If Shaka is indeed #1 on Marquette's list, it does not sound like it will be coming out tomorrow.  We shall see.

Edit: The good news is it sounds like they have not heard Shaka has not turned down the job.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:52:58 PM »
I agree. I think people got so excited yesterday when things went from 0-110% in what felt like a minute. I think they still have a chance, it's just gonna suck to wait for the answer in the meantime.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 08:53:51 PM »
My school work has gone to absolute s#it this week...

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »
Didn't Big Daddy's post say if Shaka didn't accept today, or tomorrow at the latest we would be moving on?? I don't want to reread trying to find it again, but pretty sure that's what he stated.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 08:57:47 PM »
Just got a text from someone who would know...Shaka is on the list and they have had talks, but "nothing is nearly as close as media is making it sound."  Basically reiterating what BigDaddy said.  If Shaka is indeed #1 on Marquette's list, it does not sound like it will be coming out tomorrow.  We shall see.

If he's leaving the door open...
No Finish Line

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »
Didn't Big Daddy's post say if Shaka didn't accept today, or tomorrow at the latest we would be moving on?? I don't want to reread trying to find it again, but pretty sure that's what he stated.

Yes that's what it said. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 10:54:19 PM »
seriously??  i'm guessing wild/cords running point for MU, strong for donors, doc for BoT...they're not leaking unless they want to leak...i'm not buying that anyone else knows anything unless one of 4-5 people want them to?  after yesterday...they probably don't want a peep in the news again, so i believe all these "sources" are being told all is silent...and i believe it's all being worked out as we stalk and are being told nothing new is happening.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:16:55 PM by avid1010 »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 10:58:10 PM »

You do know that this flies 100% in the face of what Warriors+Rams is saying right?  You are a bold man, Wades.  He's a current undergrad at VCU with air-tight sources.  On the VCU boards, he calls all of this Shaka talk "nonsense."

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 11:03:32 PM »
Actually, as I noted in this thread, something will happen tomorrow, we might get the formal announcement of the new President

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=43129.0

This is important and I explained here

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=43129.msg597851#msg597851

Bball coaches don't know how to interview their boss.  They just want a boss that says "I want you" and that the bball coach is "there guy" so the President cannot "distance himself" from "his guy" with looking really bad.

That is why the announcement.  Then the bball coach is the new president's guy and not a legacy he inherited.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 11:04:49 PM »
Well, at least it appears there have been talks.  That's something, right?

DavidDiggsDawg

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 11:20:05 PM »
I really hope this thing comes to an end tomorrow. With as much time as this whole thing has consumed of my life another 24+ hours and I am going to be 2-3 pee jars away from becoming Howard Hughes.
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
I really hope this thing comes to an end tomorrow. With as much time as this whole thing has consumed of my life another 24+ hours and I am going to be 2-3 pee jars away from becoming Howard Hughes.

Wave of the future!  Wave of the future!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 11:28:04 PM »
You do know that this flies 100% in the face of what Warriors+Rams is saying right?  You are a bold man, Wades.  He's a current undergrad at VCU with air-tight sources.  On the VCU boards, he calls all of this Shaka talk "nonsense."

Hah.  I am aware.  You could say my source is my Bro...

While I do not know how far down on the list this slip of paper is, I can also tell you that Wardle is somewhere on a piece of paper somewhere in the Athletic Department.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback