[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 Green Bay Packers Thread  (Read 139369 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: 2024 Green Bay Packers Thread
« Reply #3000 on: January 21, 2024, 07:55:50 AM »
I agree with that.   Green Bay's incredibly young roster came.together and made a heckuva run led by a first year starting QB. The 4th quarter last night was excruciating.   For 3 quarters, both the offense and the defense were on the verge of a second consecutive huge upset.   Kudos.

In the depths of your morning after despair, ask yourself this.... how many teams have a brighter future 4-5 years than GB?   You have your QB and young receivers.   A running back.  5 picks in the first 3 rounds this offseason.   Enjoy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3001 on: January 21, 2024, 07:58:55 AM »
Heck of a second half of the season for the Packers. The way last night's game ended sucked for Packer backers, but fans of lots of teams are jealous of your future.

Y'all have a really good - maybe even great - QB, some nice young weapons, and a lot of other pieces necessary to win for a long time. You're well ahead of where you were at this stage of Rodgers' career.

Yeah I don't agree with that. That team had a young core of defenders that would grow into a Super Bowl winning defense (Collins, Hawk, Tramon, Jenkins) and a future defensive MVP and HOFer (Woodson).  This team has a nice DL, but significant issues up the middle at ILB and safety.

And while they are good, these receivers have a lot to do to grow to the level of a Jennings or Jordy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #3002 on: January 21, 2024, 08:10:24 AM »
Was able to see the Packers play two extra games no one was expecting.
Would have loved to see them win.
Oh well, next season.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3003 on: January 21, 2024, 08:19:05 AM »
Anders freaking Carlson

Knew it when they drafted him.  He sucks.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3004 on: January 21, 2024, 08:20:51 AM »
Was able to see the Packers play two extra games no one was expecting.
Would have loved to see them win.
Oh well, next season.

They’re setup very well- much cap relief to pursue free agents and extra 2nd and 3rd round picks this draft. 

Love has got to keep improving and get a new defensive coordinator top the internal to do list.  It’s fool’s gold to think defense got fixed after the Panthers game and games that immediately preceded that one.  Barry must go or they’re asking for more problems.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3005 on: January 21, 2024, 08:23:42 AM »
Anders freaking Carlson

Knew it when they drafted him.  He sucks.

Big concern with him. He’s almost certainly going to be their kicker next year the way they’re talking so they better be right.  Total commitment to him is a big gamble. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3006 on: January 21, 2024, 08:25:31 AM »
Big concern with him. He’s almost certainly going to be their kicker next year the way they’re talking so they better be right.  Total commitment to him is a big gamble. 

We'll see. IMO they bring in someone to compete with him, and he has a small cap number so cutting him wouldn't be out of the question.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3007 on: January 21, 2024, 08:25:53 AM »
Has he ever been correct?

Right now...you suck, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3008 on: January 21, 2024, 08:27:18 AM »
Nope.  Streak continues.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3009 on: January 21, 2024, 08:39:14 AM »
In the depths of your morning after despair, ask yourself this.... how many teams have a brighter future 4-5 years than GB?   You have your QB and young receivers.   A running back.  5 picks in the first 3 rounds this offseason.   Enjoy.
I love Aaron Jones because he is an absolute game changer. When healthy he takes so much pressure off the QB. As we saw this year, he's at that age where he gets nicked up and misses games more frequently, and GB doesn't have a reliable back up. I think they move on from Quadzilla and will need to find someone in the middle rounds of the draft.

Relatively not a big deal assuming Aaron has a few more highly productive years in him and they have higher priorities on defense and probably kicker but if he misses significant time the offense looks really different.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3010 on: January 21, 2024, 08:52:13 AM »
Running backs have a short shelf life and teams should plan accordingly.   My point stands.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3011 on: January 21, 2024, 08:53:25 AM »
Running backs have a short shelf life and teams should plan accordingly.   My point stands.

Correct.  Jones is great but the wall is real.  Wouldn’t invest heavily in the position early in the draft, though.  Safety and edge have to be priorities 1A, 1B

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3012 on: January 21, 2024, 09:08:22 AM »

they have to say that-

6th round pick...for a kicker??

for his confidence

the dude does have a strong leg and comes from good lineage

i recall during the preseason, skeptics were keeping track of his performance during practices and it wasn't good at all.  so i'm expecting this guy to come out looking like the 2nd coming of jerry kramer or paul hornung
don't...don't don't don't don't

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3013 on: January 21, 2024, 09:15:33 AM »
We'll see. IMO they bring in someone to compete with him, and he has a small cap number so cutting him wouldn't be out of the question.

I have major doubts they’ll bring in any serious competition for him.  They’ll have another kicker on the 90 offseason roster, but likely will be just a camp leg. He’s Bisaccia’s guy and he carries a lot of sway. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3014 on: January 21, 2024, 09:17:09 AM »
they have to say that-

6th round pick...for a kicker??

for his confidence

the dude does have a strong leg and comes from good lineage

i recall during the preseason, skeptics were keeping track of his performance during practices and it wasn't good at all.  so i'm expecting this guy to come out looking like the 2nd coming of jerry kramer or paul hornung

See above about Bisaccia. He campaigned to draft him.  He’s one of the top paid special teams coaches and they’re going to listen to him. 

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #3015 on: January 21, 2024, 09:17:18 AM »
I have major doubts they’ll bring in any serious competition for him.  They’ll have another kicker on the 90 offseason roster, but likely will be just a camp leg. He’s Bisaccia’s guy and he carries a lot of sway.
If MLF’s quote is true they could bring in stiff competition.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3016 on: January 21, 2024, 09:23:55 AM »
Correct.  Jones is great but the wall is real.  Wouldn’t invest heavily in the position early in the draft, though.  Safety and edge have to be priorities 1A, 1B

I’d put corner after safety. Alexander is perpetually injured and Stokes has almost two full lost seasons to injuries.  Valentine looks like a player.  After that, there’s little depth.  Ballentine might be fine. Nixon tackles well but doesn’t cover well and shouldn’t be counted on again as the primary nickel.  His value is a returner. 

Very thin at one of the most important positions in the game. Need find a couple guys who can play a lot.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3017 on: January 21, 2024, 09:25:46 AM »

Ok, haven’t read his comments yet. But I still think they’re going to listen to Bisaccia. So unless he’s cooled on Carlson too…

Plus LaFleur talks a tough game on many things but doesn’t act, see Joe Barry still employed by them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 09:27:28 AM by HutchwasClutch »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3018 on: January 21, 2024, 09:44:24 AM »

Carlson won’t be the kicker next year. Book it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3019 on: January 21, 2024, 09:49:55 AM »
Absolutely agree. Just saying they have zero backups at that position, and Jones is 2nd only to Love in importance to offense.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3020 on: January 21, 2024, 09:52:43 AM »
I’d put corner after safety. Alexander is perpetually injured and Stokes has almost two full lost seasons to injuries.  Valentine looks like a player.  After that, there’s little depth.  Ballentine might be fine. Nixon tackles well but doesn’t cover well and shouldn’t be counted on again as the primary nickel.  His value is a returner. 

Very thin at one of the most important positions in the game. Need find a couple guys who can play a lot.

I won’t be surprised if 3 of the top 5 picks are in the secondary. 

They need to improve their tackling across the board.  The difference in tackling between them and the Niners was stark

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3021 on: January 21, 2024, 09:58:10 AM »
Outlook for Packers is promising. #10 on the job learning panned out second half of season. Love his potential for further growth. Also, even though he can run , he is focused on being a pocket passer. I think that will keep him healthy. Sime of these planned run QBs are really getting banged up

Solid young receivers and offensive line , in another year or two both groups could become excellent .

NFC North may end up as toughest divison in league next year .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3022 on: January 21, 2024, 10:07:53 AM »
[/quo

Yeah, a couple of young studs, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3023 on: January 21, 2024, 10:19:35 AM »
Outlook for Packers is promising. #10 on the job learning panned out second half of season. Love his potential for further growth. Also, even though he can run , he is focused on being a pocket passer. I think that will keep him healthy. Sime of these planned run QBs are really getting banged up

Solid young receivers and offensive line , in another year or two both groups could become excellent .

NFC North may end up as toughest divison in league next year .

And get rid of the kicker you think is good

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3024 on: January 21, 2024, 11:02:22 AM »
I won’t be surprised if 3 of the top 5 picks are in the secondary. 

They need to improve their tackling across the board.  The difference in tackling between them and the Niners was stark

Also 2 picks in the 4th round. Depending on free agency, I think 4 of the 7 could be linebacker and secondary.