'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Even with Big subtractions this year, MU played solid in 2006  (Read 2071 times)

mviale

• All American
Even with Big subtractions this year, MU played solid in 2006
« on: February 25, 2007, 04:42:14 PM »
We were 9-6 this time LY and beat Providence to go 10-6 in league play.  Pitt will be a bit tougher this year for our final game at home.  If we beat pitt, who do you fear the most besides Gtown?

No one scares me except Gtown.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

tower912

• All American
Re: Even with Big subtractions this year, MU played solid in 2006
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 06:23:10 PM »
Absolutely.  Lost Novak and the sr. leadership, as well as the banging of Grimm.   With Lazar being delayed, we did not get much out of this class of recruits.  I believe Cuuub and Lazar will improve, but they only contributed in spots this year.   Everyone knew going in we were a team with flaws.   Well, we are a team with flaws that when we really get cooking can hang with anybody.    Conference teams have more time to study and exploit our weaknesses.   If we win our first game, we can still get to the elite 8.   But we probably won't.   I always thought we would go 10-6 in conference again.  Anything better would be a gift.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
We were 9-6 this time LY and beat Providence to go 10-6 in league play.  Pitt will be a bit tougher this year for our final game at home.  If we beat pitt, who do you fear the most besides Gtown?

No one scares me except Gtown.

dont want to see Louisville, there one of the hottest teams out there.  If we beat Pitt, wouldnt want to play them again, really hard to beat one team 3times in a year.  I would love to get a shot at Mike Brey's punks, I still say Brey looks like a used car salesman.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

MU71

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 06:39:02 PM »
10-6 and 1 NCAA win would be a great season.  
9-7 and 1 NCAA win is also good.
10-6 or 9-7 and a first round NCAA loss is tolerable.  
9-7 and no bid is an unacceptable season.
(I couldn't care less what we do in the BE tournament.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:40:37 PM by MU71 »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 07:19:16 PM »
While 9-7 w/1st round NCAA exit might, by itself, be marked tolerable/acceptable .. it would be the 4th consecutive year of zero post-season success.

Even a BET win would be a step in the right direction, as our last win in a post-season tourney was 2002. 

Let's win one.  Please.  One is all I'm asking.  (ncaa)

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »
Agreed.... with the personnel we have, I actually think we won a few games where we didn't have as much talent.  I would like 2-3 wins total in the two tournaments with at least 1 of those being of the ncaa variety.

Crean strikes me as a Scott Skiles type... always demanding effort, riding players hard, and getting the most of his players abilities. Like the Bulls though, that only gets you so much if you are a perimeter oriented team, where layups do not come easy and jumpshots come and go.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 07:43:09 PM »
While 9-7 w/1st round NCAA exit might, by itself, be marked tolerable/acceptable .. it would be the 4th consecutive year of zero post-season success.

Even a BET win would be a step in the right direction, as our last win in a post-season tourney was 2002. 

Let's win one.  Please.  One is all I'm asking.  (ncaa)

we went to the final four in 2003, so since then we havent had a post-season win, not 2002   :)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 07:51:07 PM »

Mayor: (The first part of my sentence (BET) was to modify the last part, post-season tourney.)

feedback